It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin - Death Panel is Back In!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Nice try!
Nancy Pelosi tried to bury the "Death Panel" in 2000 pages.
Government paid advisors will visit you and ask you to please just die.
Death Panel is Back In !!! Click Here!

Isn't that just gorgeous! 2,000 page document dump.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

So is this an actual death panel this time? Or are we discussing the government pr insurance reimbursing doctors for helping people to set up living wills, and their final plans?

Because last time, wow that was a false alarm.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

OH MY GOD! Voluntary counseling regarding end of life decisions!
Obama is a monster!

Wait, i typed that wrong.
Let's see...
Palin is an idiot! FOX lies for a living!
There that's what I meant.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Read the article.
An advisor will be paid by the government to visit you
and convince you to save the government money and just die
sooner rather than later.
They ripped it out in the Senate bill but only after Sarah Palin
pointed it out.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Palin expects you to remain perfectly healthy until the moment you drop dead, because god forbid you should ever become terminally ill under her watch.

There comes a time for certain patients when they KNOW they are going to die, when the doctors KNOW they are going to die, when it's just a matter of time. End of life counseling at that point should be given, for the patient and the family.

Palin and Fox are just using "death panels" as hysterics, it's contemptible behavior.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

OH MY GOD! Voluntary counseling regarding end of life decisions!
Obama is a monster!

Wait, i typed that wrong.
Let's see...
Palin is an idiot! FOX lies for a living!
There that's what I meant.

We can make our own decisions WITHOUT the government
sticking their nose in our hospital rooms.
This is creepy!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

WOW! Scary stuff! LOL!

Give it a rest! If you swallow this stupid propaganda fine, but I reserve my right to proclaim your hero Palin, an idiot!
Good Lord!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

No a politician telling you this is bad, when everyone realizes it as a necessity, is government being creepy.

This is a simple scare tactics. What's in the senate right now isn't even close to universal health care, so you don't have to worry about socialized medicine killing off the old just yet.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Good Lord! Why did the Senate rip it out?
Answer: they knew it was wrong.
It is wrong.
The U.S. Government is too big already.
We don't need hire people to give Death Panel lectures
to ill senior citizens.
Sarah Palin to the U.S. Government "Get lost!!!"
Go Sarah!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

An advisor will be paid by the government to visit you
and convince you to save the government money and just die
sooner rather than later

Oh sure, and if you refuse his counseling he pulls out a brick bat and bashes your head in. End of life counseling yipee!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Read my lips...

There is NO death panel!

It was invented by desperate republicans to scare old people.

Now stop trying to intimidate people with fear.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Read my lips.
There is a death panel.
How could the Senate remove something that is not there?

Health care for the illegal aliens is also in there.
Obama lied......again!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The provision allows Medicare to pay for voluntary counseling to help beneficiaries deal with the complex and painful decisions families face when a loved one is approaching death.

Is end of life counseling good or bad? If a person needs and wants that counseling, is it bad to have to government assist with paying for it?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
It was invented by desperate republicans to scare old people.

Actually, it was voted for by the same Republicans who are now using it as a political tactic to scare the people. Chuck Grassley, John Mica and John Boehner (pictured in the OP) voted for the very same provision in 2003 and are now some of its biggest critics. They're counting on people to be stupid and listen to Palin... Well, that part makes sense.

You would think that if Republicans wanted to totally mischaracterize a health care provision and demagogue it like nobody's business, they would at least pick something that the vast majority of them hadn't already voted for just a few years earlier. Because that's not just shameless, it's stupid.

Yes, that's right. Remember the 2003 Medicare prescription drug bill, the one that passed with the votes of 204 GOP House members and 42 GOP Senators? Anyone want to guess what it provided funding for? Did you say counseling for end-of-life issues and care? Ding ding ding!!
John Boehner, the first GOP leader to raise the specter of "government-encouraged euthanasia," also voted for the '03 bill.

Source

Keep it up, Sarah!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
We can make our own decisions WITHOUT the government
sticking their nose in our hospital rooms.
This is creepy!

What really is creepy, is that you write a paragraph that doesn't make sense either in terms of fact or logic and you are OK with that.

You have the right to talk to a doctor about end-of-life care. If govt wants to pay for it, that's fine by me. Nobody's forcing this down your throat.

I lost a few friends and relatives to cancer, and I find your attitude to be immature and counterproductive.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

We can make our own decisions WITHOUT the government sticking their nose in our hospital rooms. This is creepy!

Can't we make our own decisions without Sarah Palin sticking her nose in our hospital rooms. Now, THAT is creepy!

The government involvement consists of paying for the counseling, it has no part in the counseling itself, NONE.

Also, this "death panel" has been a part of Medicare for EVER, in fact, it was a Republican amendment to Medicare.

scare tactics

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

There comes a time for certain patients when they KNOW they are going to die, when the doctors KNOW they are going to die, when it's just a matter of time. End of life counseling at that point should be given, for the patient and the family.

But here's the part all "government healthers" (my new label) fail to see.

It should not be done by the government! Too many slippery slopes created. Too many chances for abuse. Too many opportunities for slow-motion government bureaucrats that don't give a rats a$$ about you to make life or death decisions for you.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

There comes a time for certain patients when they KNOW they are going to die, when the doctors KNOW they are going to die, when it's just a matter of time.

Oh, I see. No problem, since every living soul on earth KNOWS that they are going to die, and it's just a matter of time.
Since most of us believe that NO ONE knows the exact time that they will die, except maybe those on death row, after all their appeals have been exhausted, this should cover EVERYONE.
This provision, alone, is not a death sentence, but combined with the newly proposed Health Commissioner, who DOES have the authority to DENY health care for those he/she feels don't deserve to live, based on number of years left, will result in a death sentence to a group of people.
It's amazing how the young think that they will never die and never grow old today, so they'll support things like this, but then when they become senior citizens, will they still feel that way? They may think they will, but I don't think so. I hope they remember, if this passes, that they chose this, not the current seniors.
Personally, I will do everything in my power to live to 100 or more, despite the doctors, drug companies, hospitals, lawyers, politicians and MSM.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric

We can make our own decisions WITHOUT the government sticking their nose in our hospital rooms. This is creepy!

Can't we make our own decisions without Sarah Palin sticking her nose in our hospital rooms. Now, THAT is creepy!

What a foolish attempt to twist the meaning of this thread. Palin wants government out of the decision. She wants only you and your family involved.

The government involvement consists of paying for the counseling, it has no part in the counseling itself, NONE.

Naive, naive, naive.
Take one minute and ask yourself WHY the government wants a role in this. For no reason whatsoever? Are they just being altruistic? No, it's in the healthcare bill for a reason, and that reason is to help the government save money by trying to coax people into dying instead of needed expensive care. This is really soooo simple to understand ...

Also, this "death panel" has been a part of Medicare for EVER, in fact, it was a Republican amendment to Medicare.

scare tactics

Scare tactics? Wait until it is you or your spouse that the death panel wants to interview next ...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Why is so hard for us human beings to deal with end of life situations?, you people don't get it, we are all born to die another day, you can not stop it, you can not avoid it and is coming no matter what.

While I feel that end of life is a personal and family issue, in todays America with the increasing numbers of unemployment to last for a long time people are in need of counseling and financial help to deal with burial and funeral decisions.

That is a fact.

But when it comes to Pelosi she needs to go back to her rat hole, and Palin needs to go back into her Alaska cave. Both of them are causing more harm than good with their big mouths.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join