It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letting go of your dreams for SHTF

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Good Lord, are people really throwing their lives away for the possibility that the S will HTF? I mean no offense when I say this, and being prepared as best you can is ALWAYS a good idea, but that is really, really sad - my suggestion? Get off of ATS for awhile, spend some time with your family and try to re-evaluate this decision. Having supplies on hand, plenty of ammo if you have a gun, and contingency plans are wonderful and more than a lot of people would do, but to throw your "dreams" away because this Website and other constant gloom and doomers can't accept the fact that the world might not end tomorrow is so far beyond jaded it borders hysteria, no offense. Be prepared for the worst, but live your life. If you spend all of your time preparing for the end, this existence, as short as it already is otherwise, will completely pass you by.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

All I can say is..Live your life as you normally would, but just be prepared. Nothing wrong with having certain skills, but don't stop your life for something that -might- happen.

Remember that people on ATS have been predicting imminent SHTF scenes for the past several years.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've been clearing my life out of anything unnecessary for the past 7 years - not even realizing I had a deep-rooted reason for this.
I've been in limbo for the past 4. Now, I'm ready to settle in somewhere and live a "balanced" life. I will pursue my dreams, yet I will remain alert and ready.
My current issue is that I am scared of making the wrong decision regarding my location. But I have comfortably narrowed it down.
Don't ever give up your dreams for anything! That is what they want!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I sam not giving up on all my dreams. I know my dream of being a homeowner is squashed due to the recession and tightening rules on buying a house. Now bad credit is considered 620! I just wanted protetction that comes with owning my own house; payments do not go up, I don't have to worry about renewing a lease and I can't be evicted because some manager does not like me. I always pay my housing first and on time yet when you rent that doesn't always mean muchZZZ!

I would still try and get a house.You could try for a mobil home first.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I have given thought of leaving ATS for awhile.I am spending about 3
hours a day on here.I was already involved in end time scenarios before
I joined.I want to be prepared for the worst.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Glad to hear that, but people do not about who is watching or keeping track of what others are doing. I am simply trying to point that out to some of posters what can be put together out of any post “if” someone is watching. Nothing more or less, just a observation of some of what I read here and other forums. I see people what type of guns they have, how much ammo, I have some much of this or that. Not real smart when you do not know whom you are talking to on these boards. That is and was the only point I am trying to make.

Something to think about? Some people maybe “window shopping” on some of these boards. Just passing some “free advice”, stay safe.

Tru

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by serendipitynow

That's what I've been realizing,I'm going through excess baggage.I'm
giving up because I have never had much encouragement.What I've
wanted to do has always been low priority in my family.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by truskeptic

That is true and I will try and keep my mouth shut.I don't mind trying
to help others learn useful skills though.
So,are you window shopping?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Good point! No just passing some info. With 19 grand kids where can I go! LOL

Tru

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I understand totally where you are all coming from. I guess I am attempting to SUPRESS SOME OF THE NOIA thats all.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

That's a great question.
I imagine the E.L.E.would be terrestrial,volcano eruption,earthquakes,
nuclear war and winter,polar shift,disease,famine and last but not least,
nwo population control.
I would pray!

Basically what I was leaning towards if say 6 asteriods were in EARTHs path TYPE ELE to eliminate the demons runnin ish down here behind the scenes. And friend not at all battering your post as you seemed concerned enough about your fellow humans to create this thread and thats cool wit me all day.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm going to asume that you live in a big city if so and for a lot that do not do you believe that you are going to be able to stay where you are if the shtf.
90% chance not for very long if at all so now you have spent all you time and and $ stocking up on stuff that you going to have to leave
if you cant make it with what you can carry with you on your back forget it.

I have enough stuff to live for 1 week in a back pack water purifier mir's medical supplies etc etc just enough to get me to a safe area after that its up to me to find thats left.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

If our planet were to be bombarded by asteroids we would have some
warning of their approach.People could then decide how to spend their
last days.Some would panic and some would party!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Being prepared is one thing but don't make it your life...

We carry first aid kits in our cars but we don't let our minds linger on them - it's enough to know that they are there and you know how to use them - Being a 'survivalist' is the same.

Prepare - learn skills - but enjoy life! Get on with life!

As it's said in Japan - Gambatte! (Keep going).

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Silver goods might be valuable if the SHTF. The disaster can't be so severe that the planet is destroyed, but not so localizied that people can ignore it. People will have to lose faith in paper money, realize that right now it is just a piece of paper. When they do that, silver might become valuable. I think food, water, shelter, knowledge, and other goods will become the new currency.

There is a balance between normal life and SHTF preparedness. Maybe it is owning a disaster home far away on some mountain. Maybe it is having your SUV full of gas/supplies and good to go. It could also be having a B.O.B. by the door. It all depends on what you can afford and how much money you are willing to part with.

I dream of a castle on a cliff with a huge bunker complex stocked with enough supplies to last me 500 years. It would have an armory with every type of gun, a 50 foot wide 50 foot deep moat on the perimeter. There'd be a farm in the center, solar panels coating the exterior, wind turbines everywhere. Basically, the survivalist's top goal. I sure can't finance these dreams though. That'd be the top of the pyramid for my preparedness, and every step down is less prepared and less costly. The question is which step are you on??

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hello there

This is my first post here - I write from Denmark, so I hope it is possible to understand my english.

here is a hint for preparation.

Start a webshop selling outdoor equipment and in that way you can buy freeze dried food, survivaltools, axes, shelters/tents, sleepingbags etc, for half the normal detail price at distributors.
The money you earn on the webshop, helps you place a large stock for bad times

Keep the equiptment in i.e. your cellar, so if the day comes - then you have all the things you need to survive close to you.

I did this five years ago and sell for about $200.000 a year, having built a large stock

remember change freezedried food in stock when you sell, so the new food goes to stock, and "old" food goes to costumer !

best regards

AUM

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

Very good advice and welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
me give up anything? not a chance, I'll keep taking my commissions until the zombies or whatever come, then just cheerfully get my friends and family over to my place and get defenses up

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

With the economy being so bad,that is one of the reasons why I'm
giving up.As a christian,I know we are living in the end times.I want
to start selling things off and prepare my family for whatever happens.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

I 100% agree with this idea. You shouldn't be giving up your dreams for a "what if" scenario. Sure, it is better to be safe than sorry, but in these hard [economic] times, i think that it would be smarter for you to keep the job you have rather than giving up a source of income. However, if you are absolutely certain in your decision, than you should follow your intentions. BUT, I think that if you switched to running an online store for survival equipment, you would be able to make money, and stockpile supplies while running it. Whatever you do, just make sure its really what you want to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join