It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancients Series | Part I: Sumerians

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Agreed. Modern academic =

Originally posted by Devino

Prepare yourself for when you start researching the Aztecs and the Spanish invasion. The barbaric ritual sacrifices and bloody tribal wars pale by comparison to what the Spanish Catholic missionaries did.

It becomes very obvious who the "heretics" were in the literal sense of the word. As with everything else there is something to learn from this. Now that I am learning how to let go of my anger and hatred for those that committed these crimes I feel that I am beginning to understand what that something is.

[edit on 11/8/2009 by Devino]

I've read about the Spanish invasion and what they did to the people/cultures of that part of Earth. But it suddenly makes so much more sense as to why they did it. I always thought it was just a way of clearing out the old 'pagan' religions and spreading 'the word of Christ', but i know i see it all in a whole new light.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

unfortunately for our ancient ancestors, the end result was the complete disenfranchisement of their histories. it's like mass brainwashing. never seen anything like it.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
german higher critics said TROY NEVER EXISTED.
troy was found.

more recent historians said GILGAMESH NEVER EXISTED.
his city is found.
news.bbc.co.uk...

this type of thing goes on and on. i had a huge list of various things they have said over the years, didn't exist, only to find out a generation or a couple centuries later they were wrong. but their texts are still rigorously quoted from when trying to trash the ancient world.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
more incorrect pronouncements still used today to disprove the ancient texts:

did you know a virgin can't give birth because she can't get pregnant without sexual intercourse?
en.wikipedia.org...

did you know zecharia sitchin wrote the sumerian texts? cause we all know sitchin is 5000 years old, right?
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

and no real flood could account for the mesopotamian flood
www.nationalgeographic.com...

men/angels can't fly in the sky
en.wikipedia.org...

people can only be created through sexual intercourse so that whole jazzola about being created in the image of God is nonsense:
en.wikipedia.org...

the hindu gods didn't travel between the planets and stars, and neither did the angels, enoch, or anyone else in ancient history, because it isn't possible:
en.wikipedia.org...

etc. if i find the big list, i'll post it here

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I always felt it was the structure inherently at fault. The SGI had problems with our (its) priesthood not long ago and opted for excommunication, that was 10 million excommunicated, the largest in history. The current high priest still holds onto his power by keeping the Dai Gohonzon hostage and charges (by last account I know of) $1000 ransom to look upon.

It is egotism which is the root of the problem. And of course, the knowledge also includes reincarnation. I am still coming to grips with that huge disparity. Apparently it too exists, but was taken out of the Bible.

Something else, if you ever get a chance to read the Lotus Sutra you will find a story about the treasure tower. I think that is also a fair depiction of a spacecraft-esque object. My experience with it was specific, not from world to world in space, but in time. With every age, rising from the sea it takes us on a survey of each new world. The dais is huge, incorporating the motions of not only the Earth but the rest of the solar system. Well, another place for all that later I suppose.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Guilt runs deeper than conscience. Dealing with it is a transformative process.

The apparent contradiction is eliminated when we stop limiting Spirit with time. Again, not easy to do either. In fact I know precious little that we can get by snapping our fingers.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by problemsolvr

no no, you have to use their language,
not the english language.

The English language is the mixture of numerous other languages. Research linguistics and etymology to know this.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by serbsta

I want to know what happened to our wings?

Ok... if we were a mixture of Angel and human... where's the wings?

I want wings!!!

I believe we still have them. This gets into what I consider the true teachings of Jesus Christ, Gnosticism and our third eye or the pineal gland. Once we find ourselves within then we will be able to fly.

I'm a bit late in my reply but i hope so

As to the last few pages i'll have to check them out as it looks like some interesting vids have been posted

Very good thread!!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

but you can't get ............
let me rephrase.
it's like claiming that son and sun are the same in egyptian, so
sun god is same as son of god, which of course, is not only wrong it's really wrong. the glyphs are different, the phonetic sounds are different and they are spelled differently. can't get much different than that.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by problemsolvr

no no, you have to use their language,
not the english language.

The English language is the mixture of numerous other languages. Research linguistics and etymology to know this.

I don't think it works like that.

reply to post by serbsta

unfortunately for our ancient ancestors, the end result was the complete disenfranchisement of their histories. it's like mass brainwashing. never seen anything like it.

Yeah i see that now more than i did before.

Leaves you thinking though, if there could have been certain items/texts/etc that were hidden away and only know to exist to a certain few, as a means of protection and preservation. Surely no one is evil and malice enough to COMPLETELY wipe out a culture.

[edit on 8/11/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
well the possibility exists that i could be wrong on some of these points. just seems this is how it played out and, seems the references to the tower being a gate to heaven.......
well you get the idea.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
OP

I wish I knew how this "S &F" thingy works?.. brilliant ....thankyou!

I look forward to your next/later series(s)!

------------------------
Undo/Beth

Your energy, eagerness. enthusiasm, profound insight .... is of immense credit to you .......and a blesing to the entire Internet world!. Thank you!

--------------------------------

There simply HAD2B .. either an extraordinary human civilization (far beyond our current means of politics, communication and societal structure...... long LONG before given date gestimates!

Or

They were from another unknown dimension..... call 'em ET if you must!?

TOOO MUCH evidence!

-------------------------

Even the Freemasons( I am not a member but have clues)
still practice line perfect renditions of ancient handed down knowledge and demand..... replication ....to the Word Perfect!

Constantine and the Papacy ( check it out it was a non religious , non spiritual JOKE! for "senturies"...LOL!) Corrupted the stuff!

--------------------

Finally in a vague way of contributing I was alerted to this consortium, unifying Advanced Biology DNA Physics Chemistry etc .....yada yada!

The latest greatest?

Check out! how CLOSELY their depiction corrrelates to those "inverted pyramid" Babel structures ....you have discussed!

The last image on this page!

www.naturescode.org.uk...

Keepitup!
Cheers
Has2b
(No I am not a particularly religious person)

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Has2b

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eabee81e6d5b.png[/atsimg]

That is what you're referring to?

I don't think im quite sure as to what exactly that website is getting it, care to explain what this Nature Code Foundation is?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'll try to shine photon or 2.. but it it a new development.

But there are definitely much more proficient physics scholars on ats ....who would likely do better jobof explaining ! (pls help)

1.Firstly the concept is 3d! (not2d)..merging into potentially mulitple d's

2. We all ought be aware of the helical vortex spin structure of DNA, EM Birkland currents, and possibly even the ubiqitous aether?,etc etc all profound greats have mentioned it.. dare i say even Tesla!

It's (subject) has been mentioned herein thread ... I am sure !?

3. The conversation (primarily Undo) about genetic manipulation... and I point to a reference herein of a anciently depicted stone/limestone structure, correlate to..... (a current 2009 world leading PHD biologist and several PHD physicists etc) ..... view of the basic building block pattern of life & the universe!

The site is sadly ...not full of information yet (patents pending yada)... but world acclaimed leading up to date cutting edge scientific investigation is coming up with the same/similiar picture that the Sumerian "gods" had built in megalithic stone.....ieons ago!

That was all my point was!

Sorry I had at least make the effort to try and give something back!

Edit: (typos sorry about the remainder)

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Has2b]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

but you can't get ............
let me rephrase.
it's like claiming that son and sun are the same in egyptian, so
sun god is same as son of god, which of course, is not only wrong it's really wrong. the glyphs are different, the phonetic sounds are different and they are spelled differently. can't get much different than that.

To show you example of word-language-relationships:

source: www.etymonline.com...

son
O.E. sunu "son," from P.Gmc. *sunuz (cf. O.S., O.Fris. sunu, O.N. sonr, Dan. søn, Swed. son, M.Du. sone, Du. zoon, O.H.G. sunu, Ger. Sohn, Goth. sunus "son"), from PIE *sunu-/*sunyu- (cf. Skt. sunus, Gk. huios, Avestan hunush, Armenian ustr, Lith. sunus, O.C.S. synu, Rus., Pol. syn "son"), from root *su- "to give birth" (cf. Skt. sauti "gives birth," O.Ir. suth "birth, offspring"). Sonny as a familiar form of address to one younger or inferior is from 1870. Son of _____ as the title of a sequel to a book or movie is recorded from 1929.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by serbsta

holy mountains of sumer were the ziggurats (???) of enki and enlil.
holy mountain sumeru of hindu texts (also called mt. meru)
i think it's the same place and if not the exact same place, then yet another
site where enki or enlil or both, were in residence

the hindu and sumerian/akkadian texts are really closely related

[edit on 7-11-2009 by undo]

Other relations could include The Seven Hills of Rome that mythology books say is founded by Romulus + Remus (Sumer backwards)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by problemsolvr
Romulus + Remus (Sumer backwards)

I highly doubt there's a relationship between the two, but it would be pretty cool if you could present some evidence to show it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Here is a little geometry in the planetary orbits. I have spent a lot of time researching this for other reasons but here is some of what I found.

First off the planetary alignments are verifiable and I have checked and double checked them and these figures are correct.
These alignments are in no way arbitrary and I will clarify some of the terms so there is no confusion. Keep in mind these illustrations are crude approximations and the numbers given are rounded off, actual orbital mechanics are nothing short of beautiful.

1. Planetary Alignment; When two planets align with the Sun so a straight line can be drawn through all three.
  2. Inferior Orbit; Mercury and Venus have an inferior orbit or an orbit that is between Earth's orbit and the Sun. This is the Underworld of Astronomy.
  3. Inferior Conjunction; This is an alignment with a planet that has an inferior orbit, e.g. Earth-Venus alignment.
  4. Superior conjunction; This is when an inferior orbiting planet is in alignment with Earth behind the Sun, only Mercury and Venus do this.
  5. Superior Orbit; All planets with orbits outside that of Earth's.
  6. Opposition; Alignment with Earth and a superior orbiting planet.

Now I have collected a ton of data on orbital perimeters, distances, alignment times and such from several good sources. In the interest of being succinct I won't flood this thread with all of that stuff.

Inferior conjunctions with Mercury is every 116 days happening 3 times a year making a triangle
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a141013e75c.jpg[/atsimg]

Superior conjunctions with Mercury also happen every 116 days and there are also 3 making an inverted triangle.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf5dd53cedc1.jpg[/atsimg]

Both of these alignments happen throughout the coarse of a single Earth year making two triangles or what is called the Star of David.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c5487621e36.jpg[/atsimg]

Venus aligns with Earth every 584 days and in the coarse of 8 Earth years Venus makes 13 orbits (8:13 ratio) which is 5 synodic periods or alignments after which time the two planets align back at the same spot (off by 2.44 days).
The 5 alignments with Venus make a pentagram.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/627808167046.jpg[/atsimg]
The motions of Venus were of particular interest of the ancients, especially the Maya, and this was my link to understanding all of this and a whole lot more.

Earth is a circle with a cross inside, the cross represent the four seasons (equinox and solstice alignments) among other things.
The alignments of Mars I have not done yet because I didn't see any relevance to the previous work I was doing and there are other factors that make it more complicated. If I were to guess I would say that oppositions with Mars makes a square, perhaps even two squares that are off by 45 degrees making eight points or an octagon.

Jupiter's opposition is every 399 days or 1 year 34 days so Jupiter describes our clock or a twelve pointed star. Jupiter is also describing the twelve signs on the Zodiac and twelve months in a year since the King of the planets advances 1 month ever time Earth make 1 orbit and completes the Zodiac in just under 12 years.

These orbital alignments are off a little but remember that all of this was originally done before the great cataclysms that caused our calendar to change wiping out the people that knew all of this stuff.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

yeah, i love that site. have used it many times
anyway, the point is, you can't take a word like hat in egyptian
and make it into cap in english. it doesn't follow the latinization
of egyptian words.

one time a gentleman sent me an email about an ancient group of ETs he belonged to
called G.O.D. which he claimed was an acronym for GALACTIC ORDER OF DEITIES

i'll leave it up to you to decide why that's wrong.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
it is interesting that ptah was considered to be a deified building.

this is the same thing i thought about when i noticed ra in the egyptian text, legend of the destruction of mankind, appeared to have a similar description to enki's e.abzu.

wiki excerpt

In Egyptian mythology, Ptah (also spelled Peteh) was the deification of the primordial mound in the Ennead cosmogony, which was more literally referred to as Ta-tenen (also spelled Tathenen), meaning risen land, or as Tanen, meaning submerged land

now the primordial mound is the thing that rises up out of the primordial sea (the nun, the abyss, the chaotic void of creation.....the abzu) and that follows hand in glove with the e.abzu rising up out of the abyss or the abzu.
it's probably better stated as the e.abyss rises out of the abyss (for tracking purposes, that is)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join