It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancients Series | Part I: Sumerians

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

That's definitely not true, i think I'm starting to realize that, even more so throughout the course of this thread.

But it makes you think then, is there any point in doing research when the whole picture is unattainable? Sumerian mythology in itself is obviously linked to so many sacred texts which many (being uninformed) people believe to be original, when they are not. The fact that this has been supported by various academic and religious institutions and anything to the contrary suppressed, speaks for itself.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

holy mountains of sumer were the ziggurats (???) of enki and enlil.
holy mountain sumeru of hindu texts (also called mt. meru)
i think it's the same place and if not the exact same place, then yet another
site where enki or enlil or both, were in residence

the hindu and sumerian/akkadian texts are really closely related

[edit on 7-11-2009 by undo]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by serbsta

holy mountains of sumer were the ziggurats (???) of enki and enlil.
holy mountain sumeru of hindu texts (also called mt. meru)
i think it's the same place and if not the exact same place, then yet another
site where enki or enlil or both, were in residence

the hindu and sumerian/akkadian texts are really closely related

No way did you just bring that up...

I was doing some research yesterday morning and i came across Mount Sumeru, and i thought that there had to be connections. It is very interesting and i still want to do more reading on it in order to use it in the next thread.

I think though, it's very important to note that the temple at Angkor Wat is meant to be a symbolic representation of Mount Meru, perhaps it hold's some clues? Surely it has to, the intricacy in its design is mind blowing.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

this is a vid i made about my stargate theories but it's very brief and doesn't have alot of data. it's mostly about stuff discussed in my stargates thread, but i wanted you to note the depictions of mt meru in it.

pyramid pointing up, pyramid pointing down, balancing on top of it. like an hourglass. turn up speakers. cool music

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Cool stuff.

For member's who can't view undo's video, here are a few pictures. Notice the strange shape that Mount Sumeru(Meru) is being depicted as.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e02c9c69be8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7709f8f32a9f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

and what they don't show you is that the top of mt. sumeru is shangrila type place, a paradise, with big gleaming turrets and so forth

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Even though this is a Buddhist representation, it still shows some kind of place atop Mount Meru with it's distinct 'wormhole' shape.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8553404878b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

interesting isn't it?
i especially like the tracing from the cave wall. it's in one of the online old book archives. it shows the two halves of it, split apart, breaching the earth connection from the heaven connection. i mean, how much more obvious can it get?

see this vid, which i find interesting because the guys who wrote the screenplay for this movie, were egyptologists at john hopkins university. they put their THEORIES in it.
embedding is disabled so you'll have to go to youtube to watch it at this link
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Ah, but it is merely a matter of going back to pick up the defranchised pieces...

www.varchive.org...

And there are more, I have seen them.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I have viewed this in the past as the blind eye of science or an epistemic subjugation all because of fear. Now I am beginning to see this as a mass collective amnesia. I believe that we are the people that lost their memory and this may be proof of some of the path we took.

Originally posted by Serbsta
It poses the question, in the mission of dismissing these ancient texts as pure fabrications of events, to what extent did the Church and others involved go to in order to suppress/destroy/manipulate evidence?

This has been, by far, the most difficult thing for me to get over. The crimes that were committed, and still are, by the "church" under the guise of religion over the past 2,000 years is horrifying. Doing research on the Natives of the Americas will show some really terrible stuff. The destruction of thousands of years of information all destroyed because of fear, the murder of millions for the purpose of conformity...it's enough to make anyone sick!

Originally posted by undo
as far as the mainstream is concerned, every text of every ancient culture, is a metaphor and a lie.

This is true only until the literal translation is more outlandish. The Gods were supernatural, celestial beings but when they started swallowing their children they are depicted as humans and then it becomes a literal translation.

Originally posted by Matyas
I have found the Church has made valiant attempts to preserve rather than destroy original knowledge. Only the egregious errors stand out in memory, such as the destruction of the Popol Vuh and others, but we have not time to recount sins

I have to totally disagree with these comments. My whole life growing up on the West Coast I have been aware of a terrible prejudice against the American Natives. The treatment of those today, their ancestors, culture, language and beliefs have always been ridiculed and considered worthless. Try and find anything on Native American culture, I have personal friends that are Native American and many of them don't know their own culture (or they're not telling me). I feel utter shame every time I talk to them about their ancestry.

Do a little research on the Aztecs in Central America from the 16th-18th centuries. Over 100 years of brutal suppression and slavery by the Catholic church and the only things that remain are a handful of documents and codices and what could not physically be destroyed like pyramids. Nothing else remains!

We must remember where we have been, never forget. The only way we will ever be able to understand anything is if we are brave enough to look at things for what they are, Never hind the truth!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Thanks, I did not make it back in time. That is exactly what I was calling the lunch box. They must have used a helluva lot of that annointing oil.

Thanks also to you Harte!

[edit on 11-8-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Don't think gravity, think electricity. The theory for an electric Universe is considered incorrect but the research that I have done shows a myriad of evidence in favor of the electric Universe theory. In many cases electricity is the only conceivably logical explanation yet it goes against the accepted theory so it is dismissed.

In your linked video I am seeing a pair of Pyramids, one inverted on top of the other, does this have to do with your star gate idea? I guess my question is, do we need another pyramid above the ones on Earth to make a star-gate...theoretically?

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by undo

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Enlightenment wasn't heavily supported. In fact it was the minority who supported the Enlightenment movement, sapere aude!. The Church really did not support this new wave of thinking; so i just don't see how these people had the power, as a minority, to dismiss ancient recounts.

I think you are correct, at least this is the impression I have repeatedly gotten from what I have read throughout the years. We are kept in the dark, no enlightenment for you!

Tower of Babel
Ziggurat
Pyramids
Cathedral
Churches

Is there a connection?
I am starting to see yet another connection that possible has something to do with undo's and Velikovsky's theories.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevinoMy whole life growing up on the West Coast I have been aware of a terrible prejudice against the American Natives.

I am not attempting to mitigate or dismiss these events. I am aware of these crimes. What I am attempting to do is expand our perspective of the Church into a global one.

I feel utter shame every time I talk to them about their ancestry.

Well, you need to get over it because I did. I expressed the same view to them, and what they told me was "Its not your fault".

I also had a dream after I hung up the Indian Ten Commandments in my living room and fell asleep in the chair with my head pointed northwards towards them. They were doing archaeological digging to find their ancestry. I said I felt responsible for the demise of their race, and again they told me I judge myself by how I judge others.

So, the Great Spirit has spoken. Period. End of story.

...the only things that remain are a handful of documents and codices and what could not physically be destroyed like pyramids.

As I said, I am aware. Buddha mind is always aware. Buddha studies too.

We must remember where we have been, never forget.

That is what oral tradition was and is for. Grey Eagle, who goes by white man's name of Bob, is a storyteller and I also consider him a friend. He is keen to adopt, and by all accounts is living proof the spirit of the Native American is alive and well. You can't find him because he desires a good laugh watching you hunt for him. And as far as I am concerned, he deserves to enjoy such good humor.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by undo

Originally posted by Serbsta
It poses the question, in the mission of dismissing these ancient texts as pure fabrications of events, to what extent did the Church and others involved go to in order to suppress/destroy/manipulate evidence?

This has been, by far, the most difficult thing for me to get over. The crimes that were committed, and still are, by the "church" under the guise of religion over the past 2,000 years is horrifying. Doing research on the Natives of the Americas will show some really terrible stuff. The destruction of thousands of years of information all destroyed because of fear, the murder of millions for the purpose of conformity...it's enough to make anyone sick!

Just did some VERY brief reading online. I was aware of suppression in Europe and other Eastern cultures but not against the Native Americans. Some of the stuff im reading is shocking, and even more shocking if it is true.

Look at what fear, in order have control, can cause people to do.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
For undo:

www.edwardtbabinski.us...

The rest for everyone else:

www.edwardtbabinski.us...

So ANYWAYS, undo's take actually lends support to my premise. They were the only historical preservation society around until things went south.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I noticed a similarity to the picture you posted from the video and a Maya artifact.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e02c9c69be8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bbf2c1853c0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3207dc08804.jpg[/atsimg]

I thought it was interesting.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
I said I felt responsible for the demise of their race, and again they told me I judge myself by how I judge others.

This is a very profound statement and the true meaning is something that took me a long time to understand, "Judge not lest ye be Judged".

The shame I feel is not something that I can "get over" and it has nothing to do with what I did or did not do. It is there when I think about our history and try to understand the story of the ancient civilizations. These thoughts always bring out different kinds of feelings; some good, some bad and some more powerful than others but they are always there.

I said I felt responsible for the demise of their race...
[Grey Eagle] is keen to adopt, and by all accounts is living proof the spirit of the Native American is alive and well.

I believe the latter cancels out the former comment. This is also something that I believe when it comes to ancient civilizations. The Spirit of these people is still alive and well, I see examples of it all the time. No matter how much effort is spent to try and destroy this understanding it remains.

Just did some VERY brief reading online. I was aware of suppression in Europe and other Eastern cultures but not against the Native Americans. Some of the stuff im reading is shocking, and even more shocking if it is true.

Look at what fear, in order have control, can cause people to do.

Prepare yourself for when you start researching the Aztecs and the Spanish invasion. The barbaric ritual sacrifices and bloody tribal wars pale by comparison to what the Spanish Catholic missionaries did.

It becomes very obvious who the "heretics" were in the literal sense of the word. As with everything else there is something to learn from this. Now that I am learning how to let go of my anger and hatred for those that committed these crimes I feel that I am beginning to understand what that something is.

[edit on 11/8/2009 by Devino]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Pyramids of Egypt ----> Egypt-Ptah Aegis of Ptah
PTAH ------->HAT (P) -------> The letter P
The letter P viewed sideways looks like a hat. Some people have called a hat a cap. CAP-stone on the pyramid. Egypt/ Aegis of Ptah,

pyramids (Amid A PyRe/Ra) CAP-stone

Pyre-Amid ---->Symbolic of Volcano
Pyre (=Fire)

Could it be that around 4,000 B.C.E -3150 B.C.E that there was a volcanic eruption? Then they started the pyre-Amid (middle of the A, pyre) building to re-member? RE/RA, Egyptian's name for the solar orb/star

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
matyas

well for the last oh few centuries, it hasn't been "visibly" the papacy at the head of the knowledge department, and yet we invariably lean more and more towards the idea that our ancestors were all talkin' outta their posteriors or from some metaphorical group think that spanned the globe. it's no wonder people concluded it was simply a metaphor for planets and stars. cause this is the current way of things -- can't touch it, it ain't real unless science book says so. all hail the science book, the sacred text of our generation by which to batter people over the head and ostracize them based on difference of opinion.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by undo]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by problemsolvr

no no, you have to use their language,
not the english language.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join