It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great 2012 Hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by flashguru

That's the fun thing about discussion forums, differing opinions!

Also, just because the OP does not believe in the 2012 hype, doesn't automatically mean he does not believe in ANY conspiracies as you are alluding to.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If you want my two cents I would say 2012 is not a time bomb waiting to go off on said Dec 12, it is a shift. People who jump on the "end of the world" boat are silly and probably don't know the etymology of apocalypse. Meanwhile trying to prove these people wrong just seems like an equal waste of time. 2013 will come along just like the years before it but to assume nothing will have changed seems ridiculous. I'm pretty sure we have reached a point where we as a species have two choices... evolve or die. Our economic systems are blowing up, power structures will most likely follow but that is not to assume that they will not try and keep the status quo. Basically I think we are reaching a point where we as a species will have a monumental chance to make a fundamental change in how we live, interact, and organize ourselves. Hopefully we can make a successful change because continuing to live in our current state has only one outcome and I'm sure we all know what that is.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Vicious Jones]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
ok
nice

so i just want to know in WHAT conspiracy the OP believes in...

NWO maybe?

and a "normal guy without conspiracies" would tell you you're crazy if you believe in any conspiracy .. even if its true ^^

link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I do not panic each year as the Playboy Calendar begins to run out.

Tzolkin is based on galactic movement, it's the nature's calendar. Your Playboy calendar is based on this biased, faked 12-month system. It doesn't relate to anything.

Yes it does! You are so wrong friend, it relates to 12 nude air brushed models! Presented in sequence, each designed to grace your wall for a specified period of time.

Nay sayers!

link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I have a coworker who is buying into all the 2012 poop.

One day I have a conversation with him the went like this

Me: Do you know what the Wikipedia says in going to happen on 12/25/2012 !!!

Friend (all excited): No, What!?

Me: Christmas! See the Wikipedia says we will be celebrating!

He just gave me a look like

link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
There's NO DEBATE that natural disasters have been happening more and more frequently. There is SOMETHING going on. The verdict is still out on climate change – what causes it and what the result will be.
[edit on 29-10-2009 by tyranny22]

The number of reported natural disasters globally has been on a fast rise since the 1960s. EM-DAT disasters are up from about 120 in 1980 to more than 400 in 2007.

But the increase has nothing to do with the planet.

Rather, the rise is the result of better monitoring and reporting of natural disasters.

And the actual number of people killed worldwide by natural disasters has been relatively small (under 500,000 per year) since the 1960s, compared to previous decades in the 20th Century, when death tolls
sometimes exceeded 2 million or even 3 million, according to EM-DAT.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by fallenearth]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Here's more information of Astronomical Cycles

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What I find interesting is a previous post referring to Paul A. LaViolette as a scientist. Just been googling him and can't actually find what his PhD at Portland State was on except on www.etheric.com... which appears to be his site. Am I saying that I don't think he's qualified? No, just saying it's odd.

For those that are preaching about the 2012 prophecies, or maybe would like to jump on the bandwagon, perhaps having a little look at this site may be of interest:
www.abhota.info...

What do I think about 2012? I think the London Olympics will be a pile of crap.
2012 will come and go, 2021 will be the next year of Doom, and the same doom-mongers will supply another ancient prophecy to back them up. Tell a lie, a bunch of New doom-mongers will be released with an all new prophecy and quoting from previous research and what went wrong and why they're so right. Then the nail biters and worriers will go out, buy it and sponge up this new misleading info.
Can I prove it? Of course not, I can't predict the future same as these charlatans can't. BUT, I will do something. I will wager £1,000 GBP that the world will not end in 2012. If the world is destroyed or the human race is eradicated, I will happily pay up! Let's see if one of you 'believers' are prepared to do similar.

[edit on 29/10/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There are other sources which proclaim the coming years as important to a Great Change... The Hindu prophecies, I Ching, Bible Code... to name a few.

Even if this is nothing, that the world, and its people, will continue on like nothing happened... isn't it a bit odd that differing religions all have the same focus, targeted on or around 2012?

Coincidence is fine and dandy, but when you begin to see that there is a string of inter-connected coincidence... one has to wonder if it isn't coincidence any more.

Me, I want something to happen, but at the same time, I hope nothing does.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What will happen on 12/25/2012? Anti-Christ after having his Day of Declaration on worldwide television will rise again after three days (according to the Universal DEC 22 date) on a pagan holiday. That is the strongest possibility. In other words December 21 2012 is highly probable as the start of the seven year Tribulation and the day we make uh "contact."

link   
reply to post by fallenearth

Some people might disagree with you.

Over the past century the frequency of Atlantic hurricanes has doubled, and global climate change is largely to blame, according to a new study by researchers at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) and the Georgia Institute of Technology.

link   
I don't know many who believe the world will end. But what do you think about singularity? Something will happen 2012, change will come one way or another.

link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

Amen, our modern system insults the natural order of things. We are controlled by people who are out of sync because of their greed.

We are out of harmony, and it results as all the negativity we can see in the world now. Stepping into the natural cycle is part of the process of saving our species. The other option is this dystopian hell-on-earth, which we are now heading into.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
you want evidence that the world is gonna end on a future date...

how in the world would anybody do that. time machine? make up their own plan to end the world? what kind of evidence are you actually seeking?

the changes are already taking place. your just tucked away in a cozy place in the world where you can buy starbucks coffee and drink bottled water. go live in the giza strip or something for a week and see how you feel about what direction the world is heading

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
There are other sources which proclaim the coming years as important to a Great Change... The Hindu prophecies, I Ching, Bible Code... to name a few.

ICHING

See this is what im getting at the I ching by itself predicted nothing. I ching 2012 date was made by a calculation made by the McKenna brothers.
Without Mckenna's interpretation, the i-ching is simply a tool for divination, and doesn't, in and of itself make any predictions. But Mckenna is making something called money by books he wrote off his wacked out theory

Bible Code

The Bible Code can produce hidden messages from any text!!!

The Bible Code II", described the probabilities of nuclear holocausts and the destruction of major cities by earthquakes in 2006, saying "The dangers will peak in the Hebrew year 5766 (September 2005 - September 2006 in the modern calendar), the year that is most clearly encoded with both 'World War' and 'Atomic Holocaust'… "The Bible Code is not a prediction that we will all die in 2006. It is a warning that we might all die in 2006, if we do not change our future.

As you can see we are still here. So Bible Code is bunk as far as im concerned.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Tryanny I live in eastern North Carolina known for its hurricanes and the last 3 years have been real quiet for us. Now we had a lot of hurricanes in the mid to late 90s. The last few years its been quiet. So if something was causing this why arent the hurricanes getting worse for us? Makes no sense.

On a further note

Maya inscriptions that predict the future consistently show that they expected life to go on pretty much the same forever. At Palenque, for instance, they predicted that people in the year 4772 AD would be celebrating the anniversary of the coronation of their great king Pakal.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't think anything will happen in 2012 either. I do however think it is a very large coinceidence that on that day in 2012 the sun will align with the milky way for the first time in 26,000 years.
I guess maybe that is why the calendar ends that day, because of the alignment, so maybe that is why it happens to line up together. The Mayans probably new that when creating and ending their calendar.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well are we all not meant to read between the lines of what we see and find out our own path. 2012, biggest buzz on the web for a number of years. Loads of websites cashing in....however, there is also a film called 2012 now. Which has been in planning for about 10 years.

I think you have all been victims to viral marketing. Hats off....a good one..even had me fooled for about 5 minutes....then I did some research. Now we all know its #!.

Also, I think the whole 2012 show tells us one thing. ATS Members (Some) are a little too quick to believe things. Listen peeps, if someone posts a moon base picture showing a blured image of nothing with a big arrow saying "moon base" dont write back telling them how amazing they are for showing a random blob to be a man made structure, and if someone says "well, so and so wrote in a book that the world will end in 2030 and heres all the evidence". Look at the information, then do some of your own research....you know....libraries are a good start...if you are very lazy....wikipedia. You need to be be able to justify an argument, don't just believe all the shizzle you read on the web.

Please dont be a gullable sheep. The whole point of ATS is to avoid us all being dragged into some elses reality creation. So don't fall victim to Sub Cultural Fixation.

Why is everyone so quick to believe. Relax. Breath. Live now.

I have seen so many UFO videos and stuff on ATS which is soooooo far fetched and fake its just a joke....however, some of you start taking it all to seriously.

There is some good stuff here on ATS though that we all do need to listen to. Or should I say observe, research, digest, look at the variables, report back. You may find the sh|t you are all reading is just that....or you might find its true....and have enough evidence to actually make some change in the world. Instead of logging onto ATS and join the bitching .

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I seem to remember when 2012 was the backup goalpost when the world failed to end in 2000. Then it all became "oh no it's 2012 we're going to end".

Much like the recent "October doomsday" threads, first it October 25, then it was October 25-26, then it was October 25-28, with each passing date a prediction failed to come true the goalposts just keep getting pushed back.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fallenearth

I know chap, makes me laugh that bible code. I used the formula on pretty much every book i have. I found names dates and references in pretty much every book I won from Moby dick, to Hyperion, to Tale of two titties.....whoops what was that book doing there...I mean Tales of Two Cities.

Its called chance. In fact if you used the formula on an ATS Comment you would find a prediction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join