It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Red States...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IconoclasticTalamasca

Hey, Blue states, if you'll take a couple of "purple states, it's a deal:

Report: 10 states face looming budget disasters

Drastic financial remedies are no longer limited to California, where a historic budget crisis earlier this year grew so bad that state agencies issued IOUs to pay bills.

A study released Wednesday warned that at least nine other big states are also barreling toward economic disaster, raising the likelihood of higher taxes, more government layoffs and deep cuts in services.

The report by the Pew Center on the States found that Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island and Wisconsin are also at grave risk. Double-digit budget gaps, rising unemployment, high foreclosure rates and built-in budget constraints are the key reasons.

The analysis, "Beyond California: States in Fiscal Peril," urged lawmakers and governors in those states to take quick action to head off a wider catastrophe. The 10 states account for more than one-third of the nation's population and economic output, according to the report.

hosted.ap.org...

So long, losers!

jw

[edit on 11-11-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
Red vs Blue blah blah blah
Why do you guys do this? Its pointless and futile.

I don't get it...

In sum; one part fun plus two parts serious issues that desperately need to be addressed.

You make a good point, yet miss the fact that we have one camp consistently getting in the way of progress/evolution.

If we didn't have the red states to contend with we could pass some worthwhile legislation... and cut off the grip that the military industrial complex has on the direction of this country. That alone would free up funding to address all the social ills that plague our greatest cities, which by the way are all blue.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
From my point of view, you can ALL leave.

What makes you think Arizona, New Mexico, North and South Dakota, and most of the mountain states are going to be yours for the taking or giving?

If the US breaks up, those will belong to the Apache, the Navaho, Cheyenne, Sioux, Pawnee, and Kiowa, not either rednecks or liberals. Hopefully the ethnic cleansing won't be as radically done as it was when you guys stole it in the first place, just a gentle boot in the rear...

Once we clean up the mess you've made we might consider allowing a few of the more intelligent and tolerant of you back in to learn how to live with the land in balance.

But you can keep those parts you've really trashed beyond redemption, like Florida and most of the East Coast: perhaps a few dozen hurricanes might clean it enough to be habitable again, but I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
This is good news to me.

I want to officially nominate Atlanta as the new Capital.

Since the blue states are leaving we get to keep the eagle as our country's bird.

There will be some sorting out to be done concerning sports. You may possibly get a visa for the games.

Happy days are here again.

Trust me, you don't want to nominate that hellhole. We in the rest of Georgia have been trying for years to give Atlanta away, but no one wants it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join