It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Red States...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
In Canada we have the same issue, Quebec keeps screaming they are going to leave the country, they do it to get something from the rest of us. Then they don't leave. They should just go and stop costing the rest of the country money.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It sounds more like a debate of if you should have Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top play your party or Neil Young and Hootie and the Blowfish. Is there really that much of a debate in that?

The easy question to all this is which area do you really think other nations would try to mess with? Keep in mind not only do we have the guns, we have most of the nukes and a less likely attitude of pussyfooting around with talking when there is shooting to be done.

Oh and good luck finding wild game in the cities or getting a filling breakfast.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Next time just kick them out. The savings on not printing everything in both French and English would be worth it.

There was a joke I had heard about what is a French Canadian from Quebec? A person that can't talk right in two languages.

--the above was humor and not meant to deeply offend, so just find it to be minorly offensive.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
what about Alaska (red state)? we have 60% of the worlds coal reserves, a huge amount of oil and an unmeasurable amount of natural gas and fresh water.

not to mention all the fish....

have fun in your new country, i'll be living well in Alaska.

edited to add: oh yeah and more beaches and coast line then the rest of the country combined

[edit on 10/28/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IconoclasticTalamasca

Living in a red state, this sounds like a great deal to me. Heck, I'd settle for booting the west coast and Massachussetts, but all of them? Even better! I say go for it! Just don't let the door hit you in the behind on your way out, blue states.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

This is a great Idea!

Dear Blue States, this is more than fair. The Red States will keep the mid west per your offer. Of course this means we will control the majority of the food supply on the entire continent, and We'll be sure to sell it to you at a premium. With any luck, we'll starve all you fat a***** out of existence in one generation.

We also hold most of the Oil, and we won't be making anymore "green fuels" from our crops. Have fun walking.

Have a nice day.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Dear Blue States:

So ... you get the Federal Reserve Bank and we get Fort Knox?

You drive a hard bargain, but no take-backsies

We are willing to negotiate for the rights to Gilligan's Island and the Clampett mansion, though. Will you take New Orleans for them?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Really ALL of the US (in particular) as we know it will eventually be remembered as Redneckistan. It's just that folks here in the South get more stereotyped. There is a way, WAY beyond staggering level of ignorance EVERYWHERE. The majority in America, regardless of the false dichotomies of liberal-conservative or Democrat-Republican, simply worship secrecy-based government (as only actions, including inactions, can ever speak). The National "Security" State is God here, no matter how you slice it. Sheep will be sheep everywhere, including and especially those who don't consider themselves sheep. Sheep think literally untold billions spent on the Black Budget is perfectly normal or acceptable, for example. So it doesn't matter AT ALL whether one is a more "educated" liberal elitist who enjoys the Wi-Fi at a Starbucks in Seattle or New York, or a tobacky-chawin' Goober at a transmission shop in Tuscaloosa. You're ALL the same where it matters the most. All of you just LOVE secrecy... hence the very name of this site, for example.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just to let you know...the rich are made from the middle class/poor.

It also seems you implying that more wealth = better knowledge for the general public.

This information is brought to you by THE PURPLE STATE.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Dean Goldberry

Really ALL of the US (in particular) as we know it will eventually be remembered as Redneckistan.

Hey, did I just get elected President?

As my first official action, I hereby give the state of California to the Mexican government.

See? I just got rid of two thirds of our financial problems...

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Blue states please dont forget during the transfer you will get to keep numerous, maybe even a majority of the people. Like in my situation I would give you all my employees and take my business to red state. I'm sure I could find someone to hire their.
But hey I'm sure I would be the only one.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Both divides had their chance with the Civil War. If you Yanks had let the Confederates win we would not be having this discussion now.

But industrial revolutions would have come along much more slowly and Europe would be the German Empire, continually at war with the Soviet Empire. You, Uncle Sam divided, all would have remained two second world or even third world countries. No we, just the others.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Don't think this is wholly fair to divide up the states.... how about we split it up along county lines, thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
One day none of this stuff will matter. Funny article nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

NO, NO, don't go. Please don't go. You get Obama, let us secede

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing that the GREAT Uniter, the ONE, instead of bringing the country together makes us all want to leave.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I couldn't agree with you more. We would be much better off then they would. They would be communist, we would have freedom! Ain't life grand

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We all need to be careful. With the way things are going obama and his puppets may take this all the wrong way and throw all us in jail......

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
Sounds good to me, where do I sign?
I like how he forgets to mention that the red states get NASA, Texas Instruments, AT&T and countless other corporations.
Have fun with your excessive taxes, and government regulation... Oh and your debt, cause the first thing that the country of New California will have to do is go bankrupt.

Oh and once we split, be sure not to try and start anything with us, we'll have all the guns.

Not to mention the largest military reservations, flight training and Gulf ports. Oil and gas.
( We went through this equation a while back when Texas' secession was seriously being discussed. )

The only profitable domestic airline, best sports teams, and best University/Health care systems ... .

The list goes on.

I'd call that bet, too.

jw

[edit on 31-10-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes..yes it's funny. Both the OP and some very good comebacks.

In the end I don't believe in this mentality...neither the OP or Sarah Palin's "real America".

We were the first nation on earth to come together by choice, united by ideas rather than ruled by dynasty.

Our diversity of views, politics, ethnicity, and culture has always been and remains to be our greatest strength. We are an alloy. Our diversity is the very thing that makes us America. It leads to innovation like no other country on earth. China, Japan...every nation I can think of makes their living copying our innovations.

It may be difficult to understand in these times of the politics of division, but it is these times that we need to remember what actually makes America strong.

Disagree...do it loudly...but in the end remember we are the greatest country on earth for that very reason. The belief that all ideas should be voiced and the best ideas survive.

Our unity and strength as a nation is tethered to our diversity as a people...always has been...Alloy

Alloying one metal with other metal(s) or non metal(s) often enhances its properties. For example, steel is stronger than iron, its primary element.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join