It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Everyone Against the Masons?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Aside from their ceremonies the masons which have an somewhat (harmless and) odd flavor to them. They actually do quite a bit of good in their respective communities. They are a positive force for good. They do more works of good and kindness then bad and evil that is reported part of the problem is this nutjob David Icke who slanders everyone who strikes his fancy. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4b7cf2b9796e056c.jpg[/atsimg]

The masons Can't be chanting in their cloaks holding odd ceremonies all the time, and when they are not I submit that they are acting out a true love of their fellow man and serving selfless and charitably.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by refuse2lose2nwo
If these Masons claim to believe in God like they say, they would acknowledge the fact that God created man to serve him, not to be on the same level as him.

I've never heard or read a Mason who has claimed otherwise.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

I don't see how that is a reference to Jesus.

Care to source your reference?

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Doh! Got the wrong version

It's the NIV version...

The King James Version says:

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"
KJV: ~Isaiah 14:12

However, the NIV version calls Lucifer the morning star, and then later refers to Jesus as the morning star:

"How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!"
NIV: ~Isaiah 14:12

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."
NIV: ~Revelation 22:16

[edit on 3/11/2009 by Saurus]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

It's the NIV version...

The Latin Vulgate actually uses the word "Lucifer" instead of "Jesus" a couple of times in the New Testament.

Which goes back on point: "Lucifer" is not a proper name, but a general title of anything that bears light.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You are all my brothers and sisters regardless of my beliefs, but am I a brother to the masons? Or am I a brother, but still a level below their true brothers? Where lies their allegiance? With humanity, or first with themselves, and then the rest of us?

Will a hiring mason give preference to a fellow mason or will he choose the best man for the job?
Will masons have a better chance of success when other masons are in control?

They favor their own and pull in as much money and power as they can. They get all the chances, you get almost none. You're a mason, so you're a good guy. He's not a mason, we can't trust that one! Trading in humility for enlightenment if you ask me.
But hey, I am not worthy, after all I am not a mason, what do I know?

Veritas Odium Parit

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Here is that quote from Morals and Dogma on the Templar/ Mason connection-

In his book, "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite", Pike states, "Therefore, it was that the Sword and the Trowel were the insignia of the Templars, who subsequently, as will be seen, concealed themselves under the name of Brethren Masons. This name, Freres Macons in the French, adopted by way of secret reference to the Builders of the Second Temple, was corrupted in English into Free-Masons ..." [Page 816]

It sounds logical that it could have panned out this way and more interesting I suppose to think so.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

And this is actually the point Masonic Light brings up here quite a bit. Pike was mistaken. The whole bit about low level Masons not being told the truth that would be revealed at higher degrees was written because there's no mention of the Templars in the first 3 degrees, yet they factor in to some of the Scottish Rite degrees. He believed that the Masons were descended from the Templars, but there's not really any historical evidence to back up that claim.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by raknjak

Those accusations have been circulating about the masons since, well, forever...

It runs contrary to everything the masons in my experiences hold dear. Of course, being an organization founded by, and run by humans with all our faults, there will always be one or two bad apples.

I'm not a mason, but I know several, six at last count...and a better group of men you'd be hard pressed to find. Not that they're perfect, they're not, but good men nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by raknjak
You are all my brothers and sisters regardless of my beliefs, but am I a brother to the masons? Or am I a brother, but still a level below their true brothers? Where lies their allegiance? With humanity, or first with themselves, and then the rest of us?

Will a hiring mason give preference to a fellow mason or will he choose the best man for the job?

They favor their own and pull in as much money and power as they can. They get all the chances, you get almost none. You're a mason, so you're a good guy. He's not a mason, we can't trust that one! Trading in humility for enlightenment if you ask me.

Veritas Odium Parit

I don't know if I am right so I will reserve judgement for my Father but I can see a relevance in "workers of inequity". From what I've experienced is that they believe that their good works will get them into heaven. However, to this Christian NONE of my good works will get me into Heaven. It is by my faith in Jesus Christ alone and my acceptance of Jesus who died on the cross for me as he chose me that will get me in to Heaven. However, I will account for my bad deeds as well as my good deeds on the day of Judgement. HOWEVER, it is my hope in Jesus Christ that He will place his arm around me and tell my Father that this one is accounted for and that my Father will not say "Depart from me you worker of inequity. I never knew you". Because I can assure you, I am not ashamed to mention the name of Jesus under ANY roof top! Are any of you? The quote (not an exact quote) that I gave you from the Bible is most likely to be considered man made by the Masons and this is where the motto "free and accepted" comes from because they believe they are free from the ignorance and dogma of religion and therefore accepted into thier society. Like I said, I haven't always been right, it's just how I see it.

Anyway, not trying to start any fights. I'm just telling you how this Christian sees it. My yoke is easy and my burden is Light(Jesus).

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Joshua116]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by raknjak

Veritas Odium Parit

And yet, we don't see Masons accused of nepotism in official circles... Why is that, if it is as widespread and inherent as you claim?

Such behaviour could hardly be considered to be "on the square" and therefore runs directly against the tenets of Freemasonry.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by raknjak

Sure, you're my brother, however you are not my Brother. If that makes sense?

Twice in my life thus far I was given extra preference for being a Mason. Both times by a Non Mason. The first guy's father was a Mason, and he grew up around them and considered them very respectable, I being so young he thought it exceptional I would go so far to join this organization when I have no historical ties to it. Perhaps not because I was a Mason but rather I "went the extra mile" for a selfless cause?

The second time was a Woman, she had no idea what Masonry was and in the interview she asked why I wore so many strange rings (I only wear two..) so I went on to explain the whole point of the Fraternity, she she found it very interesting as far as I could tell.

When I moved to Oregon I was unemployed. One of the first things I did was visit some Masonic lodges.. I met a few Brothers who showed me the regional job posting sites, a .Gov site, as well as offer to help with my Resume, since competition is tougher. I went 9 months with no job, I never asked a Mason for special treatment nor did I receive any, nor would I have expected any.

I cannot say whether I would hire a Mason over a Non Mason, usually you can tell active Masons from non Active, which would probably effect my judgment, an Active Mason, like anyone active in selfless charity or Fraternity, it shows character in my opinion. But then that begs to question: Are Masons often times by nature more qualified for certain positions, not for their affiliation but character and intellect? Each Mason is an individual, and since that's what it ultimately comes down to, Masonry probably doesn't play to much of a roll.

Depends on the person, the company, etc.. I would say in most cases no, though it would be ignorant to assume it never happens.

after all I am not a mason, what do I know?

Sadly, not much....

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Just to throw a wrench into the game!
Wasn't it Bro. Andrew Ramsey(Chevalier Ramsay), a courtier of Bonnie Prince Charles' (Stuart), while in exile in France that made a rather famous speech in a French Lodge that was considered to be the link made to the Templars.

It is not, however substantiated that this connection is true and clear. Although there is some anticdotal evidence and some documentaion from the 1300's that the Templars and Hospitilars were present and functioning to some degree in Scotland and England during this period.

I sight Karen Ralls book, "The Templars and the Grail". A very interesting read.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by sharkman]

[edit on 7-11-2009 by sharkman]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join