It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Everyone Against the Masons?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What I don't get about the world today is, why all the hate towards "secret" societies?

The Masons are not a society of devil worshippers, not atheists, (belief in a higher power is actually required to join), but because of the fact that they have secrets, people view them as evil. but when you think about what society has no secrets, has full disclosure on every bit of information at its disposal? I did some serious thinking on this, yet i came up with a blank.

Some avid conspirators think that because devil signs and other evil symbols can be drawn from a roadmap of DC, it's "proof" that Masons, along with all their "evil" ways held power in founding the US, and also that because you could draw the Star of David on the back of a dollar bill, with the points on the letters m, a, s, o, and n, its more "proof" that they brainwashed early colonists into following them. but, with the roadmap thing, signs such as that could easily be conjured with a road map from say, Denver. and the dollar bill thing, a mere coincedence.

The masons actually even understand sacred writings better than their followers. they realize that humans were made in the image of god, therefore we are gods. also, there are not converters. they don't ask for people to join, but rather have others ask to join.

Masonry can also be viewed as harmony between astrology, religion, science, etc.,

also, they have there own meditating rooms where they reflect on mortality, with symbols of transformation such as a skull to show that we all lose our flesh someday, a scythe to show the reaping of the earth's gifts, trays of salt and sulfur, alchemical catalysts that facilitate transformation, hourglass shows how time transforms, and a candle to show that man will transform by being aroused from their ignorant slumber. All of these symbols are used so they can reflect on their mortality, so they can think about how to better live their lives.

So, why are they so hated?

[edit on 26-10-2009 by LocoHombre]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Why are the so hated?

Because everyone is jealous that they were not invited to join too. Just like they are jealous of rich people, peoople with power, people with a brain, etc...

[edit on 26-10-2009 by R2D2LovesC3PO]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
From everything I have read, experienced, or otherwise learned, the persecution and/or hatred towards Freemasonry comes down to one or more of the following:

1. Religious fundamentalists who are confused about the nature of fraternities, and who surmise that they are "competition" for the beliefs and faith of humankind (eg: the Sydney Anglican church).

2. People looking for scapegoats on whom to hang the blame for their personal problems (eg: "Masonic gangstalking" enthusiasts).

3. Facist dictators who see the organisation of Freemasonry as a subversive threat to their power (eg: Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein)

4. People who imagine that the secrets of Freemasonry are somehow sinister and/or bent toward global domination (eg: MANY conspiracy theorists).

5. People who suspect Freemasons of widespread nepotism or corruption, despite a total lack of supporting evidence. Sometimes these people have been on the wrong side of the law and feel they have somehow been cheated by a judge and/or police. They therefore blame their problems on Freemasonry by insinuating that maybe a plaintiff was a Freemason along with the judge, and so therefore they couldn't get a fair ruling. See #2.

AND last but not least...

6. People who believe everything they read or hear without bothering to check the facts. Victims of memes. Kinda like Medieval peasantry with the whole Jewish "blood libel" controversy.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
if anything I think most people are interested in them not against them. thats why your Dan Browns can sell so many books. The only people I've heard say anything negative about them are really religious. and yes i know the freemasons all believe in a higher power...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
People fear what they do not understand. Because of the secretive nature of the free masons and other "secret societies" some people ten to let the ignorance overtake them, thus allowing fear to manifest and resulting in a clear reason to attack said organizations fueled by a desire to expose fault.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Most people are fairly ambivalent towards them, it's just a relatively small but vocal group that's against them.

As for why, well, the reasons vary.
Some have good reasons, some don't, some are paranoid.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
What I don't get about the world today is, why all the hate towards "secret" societies?

The Masons are not a society of devil worshippers, not atheists, (belief in a higher power is actually required to join), but because of the fact that they have secrets, people view them as evil. but when you think about what society has no secrets, has full disclosure on every bit of information at its disposal? I did some serious thinking on this, yet i came up with a blank.

Have you read "Morals and Dogma"?
Because if not, you might be surprised to find that they do in fact worship lucifer.

Some avid conspirators think that because devil signs and other evil symbols can be drawn from a roadmap of DC, it's "proof" that Masons, along with all their "evil" ways held power in founding the US, and also that because you could draw the Star of David on the back of a dollar bill, with the points on the letters m, a, s, o, and n, its more "proof" that they brainwashed early colonists into following them. but, with the roadmap thing, signs such as that could easily be conjured with a road map from say, Denver. and the dollar bill thing, a mere coincedence.

Well, whether they know it or not masonry is evil.

The masons actually even understand sacred writings better than their followers. they realize that humans were made in the image of god, therefore we are gods. also, there are not converters. they don't ask for people to join, but rather have others ask to join.

Are you a mason? Do you really know what they do? I do.

Masonry can also be viewed as harmony between astrology, religion, science, etc.,

I am not a "bible thumper" but I believe in God. He is not the same as Lucifer, which is the god the Masons worship.

also, they have there own meditating rooms where they reflect on mortality, with symbols of transformation such as a skull to show that we all lose our flesh someday, a scythe to show the reaping of the earth's gifts, trays of salt and sulfur, alchemical catalysts that facilitate transformation, hourglass shows how time transforms, and a candle to show that man will transform by being aroused from their ignorant slumber. All of these symbols are used so they can reflect on their mortality, so they can think about how to better live their lives.

They worships Lucifer and his Demons. If you don't know about this stuff, you are not very high up, and playing with something you don't understand.

So, why are they so hated?

Because they are evil, Lucifer worshiping, Demon people that do bad things to other people to get ahead in life.
[edit on 26-10-2009 by LocoHombre]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Masons DO NOT believe "we" or any other Human, is a God. We do not strive to be Gods, view ourselves as equalss to God, nor do we believe that one could reach a level of God like status.

Our religious beliefs albeit diverse, must recognize a higher authority. If one cannot swear by a higher authority, their word is essentially baseless. If you cannot revere, fear, love or otherwise worship the source of your oath, as a fallible Human we could never consider your search for Light to be sincere, see?

But anyways.

The vast majority of people like the Masons. The number one reason for not liking the Masons is watching to many youtube videos and believing everything that you hear or see. The second biggest reason, especially for the common person, is religious intollerance and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

When it comes to organized religions, like the Catholic Church, the relationship to masons is . . . strange (for lack of a better word). Catholics CAN become masons, but the Catholic Church forbids its members from being members (not exactly forbids, but Catholics are in a state of grave sin if they are members). Also, masons are somewhat against organized religion (man-made religion type-thing, including the Catholic Church). . . so that's why i couldn't find another word besides "strange" to describe the relationship between Catholics & Masons.

But I have no problem with Masons or Catholics. Conspiracy Theorists have pointed the finger at both, claiming they are both the devil. OH NO!! (the "oh no!!" is sarcastic)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
Also, masons are somewhat against organized religion (man-made religion type-thing, including the Catholic Church). . .
Not a bit of it. There have certainly been a number of famous Masons who were Deists, but Masonry encourages involvement in your church if you are a member of an organized religion. (It doesn't really have much to say for members of disorganized religions such as Discordianism, but we don't take it personally...)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Masonry has only one sstance on religions, organized or unorganized: be active. The Masonic organisation does not have a list of enemies, or friends for that matter. And to speak of religion in any form outside Masonic tradition is a Masonic offense.

I have known a Catholic priest who was a Mason and a few pastors from various other religions. I've seen churches both say we are good, and evil.. for the most part the majority of religions have some kind of rule against us, but we hold nothing against them. I am Catholic (though I consider myself a deist, so I should say, I was raised catholic) and I've experienced even in my own family ignorance on the topic of Masonry, all coming down to a lack of education of the subject.

For the most part though, id say masonry benefits from this love hate relationship.. keeps the good coming in, keeps the bad out. We don't want to start spreading a misconception that we actively seek close minded ignorant individuals...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Have you read "Morals and Dogma"?
Because if not, you might be surprised to find that they do in fact worship lucifer.
Have YOU read "Morals and Dogma?"
Because if not, you might be surprised to find that out of context quoting doesn't prove squat.

Well, whether they know it or not masonry is evil.
How so?

Are you a mason? Do you really know what they do? I do.
Are YOU a mason? How do YOU really know what we do?

I am not a "bible thumper" but I believe in God. He is not the same as Lucifer, which is the god the Masons worship.
Masonry's not a religion. Members of Masonry worship whatever god they personally choose. It is not the place of Masonry to tell them who or how to worship.

They worships Lucifer and his Demons. If you don't know about this stuff, you are not very high up, and playing with something you don't understand.
What fantasy novel have you been reading? Not a bible thumper, but you believe in demons? Actual horned little guys with pointy tails? Wow. Just... Wow.

Because they are evil, Lucifer worshiping, Demon people that do bad things to other people to get ahead in life.
Such as...?

[edit on 10/27/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
There was a huge backlash against the Masons shortly after the War of 1812, Many lodges were burned and raised to the ground, many Masons claimed to abandon their membership in the orginization.

I can not say whether it was true or not as I was not there at the time.

Some people at the time did believe that the Masons who founded the country had signed Treaties with the English that conceeded certain things that the citizens were decieved about.

Little tiny details hardly worth fussing over like the United States of America was actually set up as State of the Roman Empire.

Nothing to get upset about really.

Hail Caesar!

By the way they really aren't Masons they are the Knights Templar.

Oh and Lucifer is not Satan but a Venutian Diety known as the Light Bearer for his Knowledge and Wisdom and was never one of Yahweh's angels but a fellow God of equal or greater stature.

Greater in fact since their was no Yahweh, but Yahsweh Caananite God of mercenaries, pirates and thieves.

Once again all just trivial details really. Which is why Christians instead dedicate their prayers to Amen-Ra.

You know that Egyptian God like from that Egyptian Pyramid with the Latin Writing around on the back of your One Dollar Bill.

Little details, trivial things.

There is so much deception on Slave Planet Earth I am surprised anyone even finds their way to the bathroom!

Hail Caesar!

[edit on 27/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Morning all,

To a part in @bettermakings post, regarding catholics in Freemasonry. I know catholic priests and Church of england priests who are freemasons, the Catholic and masonry argument is one of the oldest rumors I know.

To answer the overall question, I think it can be linked to another thread on here about "What is mans greatest fear". For me this is very related as they are:

a) What they don't understand - people don't understand Freemasonry as the doors are kept closed until you join.
b) Secrets - anything that is a secret usually gets people wondering what that is. When a secret is shared amongst a group of men that meet in secret your brain automatically thinks "Wow now that must be one hell of a secret" and therefore they must be up to no good.

What also really doesn't help is the god awful books such as the latest offering from Dan Brown that just fuels peoples imagination in completely the wrong way. I would love to see statistics on how many people are wanting to join after reading that book.

You then get the die hard conspiracy theorists that latch onto a misunderstood word or passage and BAM you have propaganda.

People will always believe what they want to believe and that is usually the most outlandish and, at times, down right laughable theory out there.

-EDIT: Just read my post again and it sounds like a real rant! Definitely not meant that way!

[edit on 27/10/09 by Doodle456]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You always had an interesting take on history...

1. The only Lodges to be attacked in America were attacked by the British Army, during the Revolutionary War and War of 1812. No lodge was sacked by Americans however.

2. Masons are not Templars. Though its possible Templars in Scotland/england formed the first lodges, the history is unknown.. there are more traces of Gnosticism, or perhaps catharism. But its probably more likely Masonry was the creation of some eccentric rich Merchants.

3. Lucifer in the King James Bible refers to Jesus.

4. Masonry is a PHILOSOPHY and not a religion.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by R2D2LovesC3PO

Why are the so hated?

Because everyone is jealous that they were not invited to join too. Just like they are jealous of rich people, peoople with power, people with a brain, etc...

[edit on 26-10-2009 by R2D2LovesC3PO]

like i said earlier, they are not invited to join, they must seek membership.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
like i said earlier, they are not invited to join, they must seek membership.

Not always.

I got a call on the phone once from a mason asking me to join.

Was working as resident manager and head of maintenance at an apartment complex and there were several mason's widows there, all old ladies who thought I was their grandson or something. I was talking to one of them once about masonry and expressed an interest in learning more.

Later that week I got a phone call asking me if I was nterested in masonry. At first I thought it was somebody hiring for a bricklayer crew or something, then he mentioned the old lady's name and it clicked.

I told him to call back later, never got a return call.

Next thing you know, the old ladies stopped handing off biscuits and red velvet cake, and started complaining to the general manager about things which weren't really problems.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Symbiote]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You always had an interesting take on history...

1. The only Lodges to be attacked in America were attacked by the British Army, during the Revolutionary War and War of 1812. No lodge was sacked by Americans however.

2. Masons are not Templars. Though its possible Templars in Scotland/england formed the first lodges, the history is unknown.. there are more traces of Gnosticism, or perhaps catharism. But its probably more likely Masonry was the creation of some eccentric rich Merchants.

4. Masonry is a PHILOSOPHY and not a religion.

Ah Rockpuck my dear friend. You always have an interesting take on...speaking of which do they use electrodes to reinforce some of this nonesense they teach you people when drilling it in to you?

I have to ask I missed the whole middle school, high school thing, I was too busy learning about the real world and the government agreed early on it really wasn't up to the task of teaching anyone with a truly critical, questioning and logical mind.

Since you seem to know a lot about some things I sure could appreciate some insight on the following:

The Tooth Fairy? Does she have gossamar wings?
Santa Clause? Is he actually immortal as he's been around a very long time wearing that magic mushroom costume of his.
The Easter Bunny? How does he hold and paint those eggs when he has no opposing thumbs?

The Poor Knights of Christ, aka Knights Templar, aka the Masons were founded by the Prince Abbot of the Monastary in Seborga the last original state in the still alive and well and nearly in complete conquest of the world Roman Empire during the Second Holy Crusade.

You are such a kidder, but hey if you have some answers on the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny I really have been searching for answers on those!

Thanks buddy you are the best!

[edit on 27/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I dont think they are against them as more do they fear an UNKNOWN exising GOV. that nobody outside of them understands. If the MASONS would tell their deep secretes MABEY THEY WOULD BE EMBRCED BY THE SOCIETIES THEY KEEP VALUABLE SECRETS FROM.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

In the King James bible, the only mention of Lucifer is this passage.

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

I don't see how that is a reference to Jesus.

Care to source your reference?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join