It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks Worldwide Get Ready for the October Surprise

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

This is just common sense.

But sometimes, common sense gets in the way of what people are hoping for.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It looks like a global economic upturn is about to happen. The Dollar is about to be toast along withour current economy. Start stocking up on food, before the dollar is devaluated so much that there won't be any food left on the shelves to buy.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Come on dude...... if you just put the rest of the sentence in there we would all see that this is just you trying to get a post that made the frontpage!!

"but I wouldn't read too much doom into this. We do this several times a year."

SRC:
articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I seem to ponder...could this 'software upgrade' not only be a rehaul for the bank OS's but a conversion to the IMF global currency? I haven't stayed up to date with that so I don't know if it's still being debated and whatnot, but its a thought.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I work for a large retailer, on Friday we received an email from our corporate office stating we would be changing our financing company as of Monday. We would not be able to offer any financing over the weekend and that hopefully by Monday we would have a new company to offer.

Our company was using Wells Fargo Finance, I went to their website today to check something for a customer and the site stated it would be down until Monday.

We have changed finance companies in the past but we were always given at least a months notice so we could change over gradually. This was very out of character for my company to do this on short notice.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My local credit union is available and as far as I can tell it always was. I have to say, when I read that blog it made me think, "what a clever way to get people to tell you what bank they use." I've seen a few people even post how much money they have in their account.
Be careful!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Anyone ever see office space?

I think all the big powers are implementing their now software into the bank computers. Perhaps it will still a fraction of a penny from every account every day or so, and pile into a few separate account for those unknown persons to use.

They gotta keep from going broke too right?

HA I know this is a stretch, and not really what I think is happening, but really, who is to stop them or catch them, with the threat of death looming over your shoulder? Something like that could be a possibility..... I wouldn't put it past them anyway.

There have been a lot of big 'suicides' in the news lately

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It's no secret what is going on as there has been talk about the Federal Reserve Pulling back the trillions of dollars it used to prop up the banking system over the last year. This is so our dollar value will not continue too be diluted in the world economy. They have been experimenting with software on how to do this without a major impact on society and as B of A is a major bank it is likely that the Federal Reserve would test some of the software there first. If it was something underhanded or suspicious do you really think it would be so out in the open like it is?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
*not sure what this is all about, but we turned the clock back one hour. Maybe the banks have to do it too?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Last week I logged into one of my accounts at a smaller bank in Ca. On the front page they had a notice that certain features would be unavailable for a short time due to changes being made in the way the Federal Reserve handles paper checks.

I guess monitoring every penny we pass around was becoming a burden, so they had to implement a system that makes it much easier to keep track of our every move.

Haven't checked BofA or any others in the last couple days.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Been following the story at another thread, E Trade, Scottrade, Td Ameriatrade Down
though not really sure what to make of it, hopefully nothing. But my bit to add is...
Last week I noticed my SMALL credit union began offering email alerts to transactions. I had been receiving them almost instantaneously upon using my debit card but found it odd that my saturday gas purchase didn't trigger an alert... well it did, but it didn't get sent until about an hour ago. So perhaps that would indicate my lil regional CU too was offline much of the weekend. I hope someone with real knowledge reports what this may have been all about.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
So is this world wide? ..Or should this thread title be changed?...
It's not much of a surprise if we know about it. If there is new software being implemented, it could be for so many things. Just keep track of your funds.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
just a random thought...

for you guys making the posts about the technology banks are using, i'm not an expert on the topic; but i think it's hilarious how you networking "experts" really suck at the OSI model - and that's coming from a Computer Science Dropout...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I worked this weekend on a subcontract for Chase bank for the WaMu Chase conversion. I wonder if somehow this ties into the story.

It was a massive undertaking, it was done in three steps. Seemed rather boring but I was just one in an army of IT techs working that day. Who knows?

Found this notice re Chase Bank when I logged in to check my account: This website will be unavailable Saturday, October 24 from 9 PM ET until around 11 AM on Sunday, October 25. In addition, some loan information will be unavailable Saturday, October 24 from midnight ET until around 10 AM and again from 2 PM ET until around 3 PM.

(Posted October 19)

SO, is it just some kind of computer reset or or they all changing over to devalued dollars???

articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com...

As much as I enjoy a nice conspiracy I can attest to that really I doubt anything fishy was going on when it comes to Chase. Since Chase bought out WaMu there was a long process of converting over WaMu to Chase's software and hardware. It's been a process that just concluded this weekend.

I'd know a thing or two because I worked on the project.

The reason why the online functions were down was because the servers were down as well as virtually all of Chase computers because we were imaging the new software. There was no sort of backup system so essentially there was a loss of service.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Is it possible that Obama is to use this Emergency Declaration (concerning Swine Flu) to change our currency to the Amero or Euro. He shouldn't let a good emergency go to waste. Since he has just essentially declared martial law and enabled the DHS to vaccinated us with whatever poison they have planned and round us up and throw us into Fema camps that we will probably not return from. and they since they have available special camps for our orphaned children I wouldn't put anything past him.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Watching for anything that might link to this.
Just had a thought, if the banks go down will they still expect my mortgage payments? Please tell me no!!
But anyone who picks up any info about changing events pleas post as I am keen to be up following changes if they happen.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well it is Momday and soon we will begin to understand why this is all happening. It is most likely many larger banks are taking over the smaller ones, centralizing all banks seems to be the direction they are headed, "One/New World Bank of Earth"...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
this is currently going on, a NAMU (new currency for us and canada) discussion with an economist who is supporting it. its a live chat so time may be a factor. check it out if you can not one of my questions has made it through.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have created a thread as Barclays Bank in the UK has been down all day, no customers could access their funds by internet or telehone banking, queued for hours at the branches and the atms rejected the cards, something big is going down

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The clock's ticking. There isn't too much of October left. Something like 127 hours left.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join