It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks Worldwide Get Ready for the October Surprise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Banks Worldwide Get Ready for the October Surprise

articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com

From an IT guy. "I'm a BofA IT worker and can tell you there is a large event going down this weekend.

They're implementing what they're calling the "October Release".

My understanding is that this is a software and systems upgrade which is somehow tied into the FED and their regulations.

If this is a Federal Reserve activity, that would explain why ALL banks and credit unions are involved. We've been on a change lockdown for the past week and threatened with our jobs if we snip anything up.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Urgent Web Bot Update Ref: 10/25
Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu
National Emergency Act : Know Your Law, When Law Is Suspended, and You May Be Arrested

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yes, I do know this is just a blog, and yes, I do know that this is just a guy somewhere, unknown but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

He has a list of bank website actions that are underway this weekend and people are adding their experiences with their banks in their countries. If these people are not lying then something, definitely is underway.

I know that Bank of America's systems were scheduled to be shut down for a few days due to taking in Wells Fargo customers (at least that's what they told me). I learned this because I was planning to pay off my mortgage and when I called for a payoff amount, I was told to make sure to do it before that date or wait until November to do it.

Have any of you experienced any interruptions in service on your bank's website?

Edit to add: I know I'll be labeled fear mongering by some but to be honest, right now things DO seem to be gloomy and doomy.

articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25/10/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Strange.....
Some of the websites i was able to see the message
some of them just gave me log in page but i dont have accounts to check

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Oh, and I just saw this thread: E Trade, Scottrade, Td Ameriatrade Down

WTH is going on?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Dead cat bounce.

Pretty simple. The market got an artificial inflation from the bailouts, now that the money is drying up the stocks will devalue to where they should actually be. People who poured a lot of money in the market are going to cash out and we will be back in the same boat as last year.

Fun eh?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's now 10:20, 10:36 12:34 Pm, here at zip code 29577 in USA

the BoA website is OK

the BoA telephone line for account activity is OK (800-432-1000)
and has current status of accounts, figuring Friday transactions...

so whatever the 'new' system is...its not bank activity itself ->
It is probably a new system to report all transactions over say $500.oo??
the fed/treas oligarchs

[edit on 25-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Oh, and I just saw this thread: E Trade, Scottrade, Td Ameriatrade Down

WTH is going on?

Distribution of wealth

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Interesting. The largest bank Nordea in Sweden also had system downtime for maintenance for a couple of hours yesterday night.

Seems to be a global thing then? Anyone else from other countries noticed downtime on their Internet banks?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
really weird!
i live in germany, near hamburg and over the weekend from 9th to 11th oct they ("Sparkasse") shut down ALL servie terminals (incl EC CASH) to install a new software. they told us to get enough money for this WE and they do it to make the service easier.. bla bla...
I went after the 11th to service terminal and saw a new screen but it was really the same interface than before.

maybe it has something to do with this issue?

really strange

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Rumor Mill News website also has a listing of "Multiple Online Banking Systems are Down at 1am Sunday" about 1/4 of the way down the page.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Its a great day to go phishing, isnt it ?

I wouldn't be accepting any unknown email or clicking on a link if you are not sure of. Don't you just love it how easy it is to disrupt several thousand with a so called flip of the switch. In any case, all my transaction are as normal as they can be, both internal and external. Its business as usual for me.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Gosh, I'm sorry if I missed something, but where did you get the info that BOA was taking in Wells Fargo?

Can you post some info or sources?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
1. October surprise is an event meant to influence an election. Since the presidential election is 3 years away, I'm curious, what election does anyone think this banking "issue" will influence?

NYC's mayor?

2. Sundays are down days for the banks. So are Saturdays. While many banks have opted to remain open on weekends, the money in and out is not processed until Monday. In other words, if you depost funds on Saturday, they won't be processed until Monday, usually after the bank closes as they are too busy dealing with the current day's transaction processing so, a bank system shut down on a saturday or sunday makes sense in that won't create havoc amongst customers or markets.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Maybe they are getting rid of the current bills and coins and replacing them with the new and improved currency and the soft ware to handel it.
just a thought

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In all fairness banks use some of the most antiquated computer systems known to human kind for security purposes.

Windows are something that the banks order in bullet proof plexi-glass not to run their computers.

Their DOS based systems are wired to one another through secure land phone lines they don't even use T-1 lines for fear they could be breached.

They don't use wireless connections or networks for fear the information can be intercepted.

In fact most IT programers wouldn't have a clue how to work on a Bank's Computer system because they would have basically had to have a 1980's computer skill set geared to terminals not personal computers.

The banks are a little old fashioned when it comes to technology...

That alone should tell people something about the inherent dangers to convenient electronic technology we are all wired grid like into.

Yes that guy from Kenya went ahead and signed a National Emergency Decree placing us one pen stroke and one executive order away from Martial Law...

Let the Powers that Be make there next move and then for pity's sake people try to remember that you are Americans or read a book on it over the next couple days so you can act like Americans and human beings and show a little back bone and conviction and stand up and put a stop to this madness in Washington D.C.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
In all fairness banks use some of the most antiquated computer systems known to human kind for security purposes.

Windows are something that the banks order in bullet proof plexi-glass not to run their computers.

Their DOS based systems are wired to one another through secure land phone lines they don't even use T-1 lines for fear they could be breached.

They don't use wireless connections or networks for fear the information can be intercepted.

In fact most IT programers wouldn't have a clue how to work on a Bank's Computer system because they would have basically had to have a 1980's computer skill set geared to terminals not personal computers.

The banks are a little old fashioned when it comes to technology...

That alone should tell people something about the inherent dangers to convenient electronic technology we are all wired grid like into.

Yes that guy from Kenya went ahead and signed a National Emergency Decree placing us one pen stroke and one executive order away from Martial Law...

Let the Powers that Be make there next move and then for pity's sake people try to remember that you are Americans or read a book on it over the next couple days so you can act like Americans and human beings and show a little back bone and conviction and stand up and put a stop to this madness in Washington D.C.

Mr. ProtoplasmicTraveler

That would require people to use their neuronsynapses, obviously you are from the old school days, were people were required to open books and educate themselves. Oh dear, i mentioned that word "educate", sorry i wont do that again. Getting back to my reply, there are so many out there who would just love to tag the latest story of fiber optic cable cut last week (again) into this October festive issue. Then again many have forgotten the fiber optic cables cut in the Mediterranean which connected the Middle East to Europe thus disrupting certain bank transaction. The most noted but not publicised disruption from what i heard was the Diamond Exchange office in Zurich and Israel.

In any case, its a wonderful day for phishing.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You know, I'm starting to wonder now if this has anything to do with a credible threat against our financial sector's infrastructure. Meaning, I wonder if they've heard that our systems were in grave danger from attackers or something.

Has anyone heard or seen anything along those lines?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

That could very well be.

But I would guess that they phase the new currency in over time as not to just say, here you go.

It will give every one incentive to get amero's, since the dollar is losing it's value.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You know, I'm starting to wonder now if this has anything to do with a credible threat against our financial sector's infrastructure. Meaning, I wonder if they've heard that our systems were in grave danger from attackers or something.

Has anyone heard or seen anything along those lines?

All I can say for sure my friend is that there is currently a palpable pregnant pause in the air that I have definately noticed the last week.

It is as if some collective cosmic force is holding it's breath waiting for something to happen.

What is causing this I can not say. Whether what unfolds will be cause for sorrow or happiness and triumph I can not say either.

This I can say, Be Very Careful What you Wish For, and Be Very Careful What you Fear. People's thoughts manifest into reality and self fulfilling prophecy and the surest way to invite doom and gloom is to create doom and gloom through one's own focus and thoughts.

There is a reason the media serves up 24 hour a day anger, fear, angst and vitriol. They are very much trying to and suceeding in getting people to focus on negatives, use negative energy and manifest negative things.

This is called the 'Dark Side of the Force' young Sky Walker!

Though people are well intentioned and primarily do this out of fear they are actually manifesting the events that cause them fear and anger by being so intently and constantly focused on it.

My best advice to all is go to the beach, or sit under a big old leafy tree, or stand on top some towering peak, breath deep some fresh natural air, disconect from the buzzing electronic grid and remember your own inherent human and natural nature and rejoice in it, and renew your hope with thoughts of prosperity and plenty and to focus on and visualize that.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My Bank goes down every night between 1am and 3 am, always has done for maintenance, I like to do all my finances when the house is quiet so have to wait until 3 or 4 am before I can do all the transference's.

They did send me a debit card reader a few weeks back, and keep bugging me to download a software package called Rapport, which is an anti fraud software so they say (haven't bitten) Here and I do really mean they have been pestering me like my life depended on it.

Apart from that the times they do their down time seems sensible to me, not everyone is an insomniac or does their banking at anti social hours, everything seems to be ok with my funds.

I cant see a major change in the banking system unless it was Worldwide, it would have to be seeing that they all seem to be linked these days, the only major change I have noticed recently was, every Bank Holiday, I get paid 3 days early, even though I normally used to get paid the day afterwards, which has become a bit of a pain in the ass.

My Brother said a few days back he couldn't find a working ATM in the city center, which I thought a bit odd, because there are dozens of them, and yesterday a friend said the local DIY store and the post office card machines where down for hours and could only take cash.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join