It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest Pyramid Discovered @ Lost Mayan City Of Mirador Guatemala

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
reply to post by nixie_nox

They said the freeze predated the catholic arrival by 1000 years, so thats circa 500 A.D, they also said it was roughly the size of Los Angeles. Did you watch the vid or what? :p
[edit on 24-10-2009 by quackers]

I think nixie_nox meant hold old and how big is the pyramid -- NOT how old is the frieze and how big is the city.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

The Padilla head is vaguely remeniscent of Easter Island. Aku Aku No matter how great and magnificant it was, nature took it over. I went to Belize, Altun Ha, It isn't huge, but interesting. The archeologist there said there are many more ruins in the jungle, just no funds to excatave them. Sad. On the grounds there, is a large circle where the grass is greener that other places. No one can say why. Some think a UFO landed there and its an artifact.

[edit on 1/4/2010 by zachi]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is very interesting, and the fact they mention that there are thousands of other pyramids also is something that I would like to hear more about in the future. Great post! Thank you!

[edit on 10-2-2010 by UDntNoMe]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
any discoveries yet?
I mean come on, they should update us by the day!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
There is nothing to be discovered anymore in this world, except maybe in Antartica.

Deny Ignorance

Göbekli Tepe, Turkey
Discovery of 12,000 Year Old temple Complex Could Alter Theory of Human Development

Dwarka, India 12,000 Year Old City of Lord Krishna Found

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I think nixie_nox meant hold old and how big is the pyramid -- NOT how old is the frieze and how big is the city.

Well the newscaster clearly states how tall the thing is as she is standing on it. so yeah, people need to actually pay attention to what is said

At 1:32 she says the top of Ladonta is 72 meters 224 feet above the forest floor

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
There must have been a war/melting of ice caps/flood after the pyramid era.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
More excavation!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by mcrom901

Oh by the Plieades! thats one of the pyramids from my dream.. if it's the exact one then there should be 1 or 2 more in the "nearby" area and a lake(may be overgrown now) that has a triangular center like island.

Oh, my! You predicted an obscure amount of multiple pyramids (a relatively common formation) being found in close proximity to each other amongst overgrowth where there may or may not be a lake?

Good work, my friend! Let me know how those premonitions pan out.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xynephadyn
I know CNN is bull#ting when it says that there are hundreds of pyramids in the Guatamala rain forest to be discovered.

I have a good friend who lived in Guatamala until he was 20, and served in a militia regime who did nothing but patrol the rainforest and drug trafficing. Guatamala, in my opinion and his, is run but nothing but Cartels and drug money. They know every inch of rainforest in their territory. There is nothing to be discovered anymore in this world, except maybe in Antartica.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by xynephadyn]

Even at at heavily studied and excavated place like Tikal (which I've been to), they estimate only 90% is uncovered. The Jungle is amazing at taking back and covering ruins.

There may not be "hundreds," but probably a number of things yet to be discovered.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join