It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest Pyramid Discovered @ Lost Mayan City Of Mirador Guatemala

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+115 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i believe they were working on this site for sometime already.... but anyways check this very recent news clip from CNN....

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Nice Find - S&F

I wonder what implications this has on the comparison between these pyramids and Egyptian pyramids.

And does this give the Mayan calendar more weight? And the so called end of a cycle period of 2012?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Awesome find
That was a beautiful view from that pyramid. On a side note your signature is cool looking too.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
wow!!!

thanks for posting. s&F.

isnt it just amazing that even today theres still huge amounts of things undiscovered. Very interesting indeed!!

g

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
They don't say how old it is. They don't say how big it is. Unless they just don't know yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
thats awesome ....

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow very cool, I would be nice to see more of that pyramid. It still surprises me how much we still dont know about earth.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Oh by the Plieades! thats one of the pyramids from my dream.. if it's the exact one then there should be 1 or 2 more in the "nearby" area and a lake(may be overgrown now) that has a triangular center like island.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

They said the freeze predated the catholic arrival by 1000 years, so thats circa 500 A.D, they also said it was roughly the size of Los Angeles. Did you watch the vid or what? :p

[edit on 24-10-2009 by quackers]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Very interesting!

I'm looking forward to seeing photos and hearing further information after they have uncovered more.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolPower
Nice Find - S&F

I wonder what implications this has on the comparison between these pyramids and Egyptian pyramids.

None at all. The Egyptian pyramids were built in an entirely different style and were built about 3,000 years before the Mayan pyramids. Egyptian civilization was dead and buried by the time of the Mayas; the Romans were also in decline. The best engineers at the time were in the Middle East, and were building domes and far more complex structures than pyramids.

And does this give the Mayan calendar more weight? And the so called end of a cycle period of 2012?

No. Their calendar ran out in 2012 (not a perpetual calendar) and they'd be busy carving a new one if the civilization had survived the Spanish conquistadores.

Actually, they'd probably be printing one or hundreds of artists would be sculpting them in a variety of sizes, ready to sell when the new cycle started.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Thats a cool story...

I found about the Popol Vuh, their story of creation.... via wikipedia..

The tradition then credits the creation of humans to the three water-dwelling feathered serpents: "There was only immobility and silence in the darkness, in the night. Only the Creator, the Maker, Tepeu, Gucumatz, the Forefathers, were in the water surrounded with light. They were hidden under green and blue feathers, and were therefore called Gucumatz [...]"[5] and to the three other deities, collectively called "Heart of Heaven": "Then while they meditated, it became clear to them that when dawn would break, man must appear. Then they planned the creation, and the growth of the trees and the thickets and the birth of life and the creation of man. Thus it was arranged in the darkness and in the night by the Heart of Heaven who is called Huracán. The first is called Caculhá Huracán. The second is Chipi Caculhá. The third is Raxa Caculhá. And these three are the Heart of Heaven."[6] Together, these gods attempted to create human beings to venerate and praise them. Their first attempts proved unsuccessful. They attempted to make men of mud, but they could neither move nor speak. After destroying the mud men, they tried again by creating wooden creatures that could speak but had no soul or blood and quickly forgot their creators; who destroyed the creatures by tearing them apart. In their final attempt, the "true people" were successfully made out of maize: "After that they began to talk about the creation and the making of our first mother and father; of yellow corn and of white corn they made their flesh; of cornmeal dough they made the arms and the legs of man. Only dough of corn meal went into the flesh of our first fathers, the four men, who were created

And this that I found on some blog, basically summing it up.

This story talks about how unknown gods came down to Earth and made a new tipe of living beeing, the man. At first, the man was perfect, just like the gods, He could see as far as gods did and he could live forever. But then, gods decided that the man could be a competitor of the gods themselves and they distroyed and made a new kind of man. An imperfect man
roruita126.wordpress.com...

To me, the story is reminiscent of the Anunaki....

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by SolPower
Nice Find - S&F

None at all. The Egyptian pyramids were built in an entirely different style and were built about 3,000 years before the Mayan pyramids. Egyptian civilization was dead and buried by the time of the Mayas; the Romans were also in decline. The best engineers at the time were in the Middle East, and were building domes and far more complex structures than pyramids.

No. Their calendar ran out in 2012 (not a perpetual calendar) and they'd be busy carving a new one if the civilization had survived the Spanish conquistadores.

Actually, they'd probably be printing one or hundreds of artists would be sculpting them in a variety of sizes, ready to sell when the new cycle started.

Nope, I'm sure they would still be in the jungle cutting each others head off actually!

[edit on 24-10-2009 by IntelRetard]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

Oh by the Plieades! thats one of the pyramids from my dream.. if it's the exact one then there should be 1 or 2 more in the "nearby" area and a lake(may be overgrown now) that has a triangular center like island.

They found that one not to long ago, I remember seeing a program about it. Most was hidden and they did show where a massive lake once was. It was awesome the way the place was set up.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
very awesome.

i love it when they find things hiding in plain sight. a pyramid mistaken for a mountain,

s&f

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
very awesome.

i love it when they find things hiding in plain sight. a pyramid mistaken for a mountain,

s&f

S & F
For posting this story.

That isn't the first time. There have been a couple.

Here are some related threads.
Ancient America Rocked!

AND

Olmec Giant Stone Heads Mystery Solved?

[edit on 25-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Fantastic. It seems unbelievable that something this large should go un-discovered for so long. There must be alot more.

Thanks for the Post.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
awesome stuff OP thanks for bringing this to our attention.

cheers,
AA

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So does this have anything to do with, Key Astrophysics, just kidding, but really what is the deal. their are so many Ideas, surrounding 2012, funny thing is they all talk about the same thing. . .Awarness. . .to the real truth. . "live free or die"

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The freeze interests me. Its made up of 2 biggish carved stucco panels and these are the earliest known representation of the Mayan creation myth, 2300 years old.
Well known Mayan myhtology is polluted. Most refer the Popol Vuh (16th century) but the Mayan history is embedded with Spanish Catholic overtones. This freeze is really exciting as it predates any other representations of the myth by at least 1000 years, and is orthodox Mayan belief (depending on how we interpret it)

The Freezes have images of gods, heroes, monsters. The twin brothers retrieving their Old man's head by swimming through the underworld....and que the ATS fringe Atlantis connections.

I will link Hanson's work on the site

Exciting stuff

EDIT to add the list of his research papers and books

www.miradorbasin.com...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join