It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I had read the article on yahoo news and from what i gather what Obama has done will give hospitals the ablility to set up tent sites and stations outside the hospital to treat the swine flu, also one statement in the article talks about the fed law which keeps the tent sites and stations 300 yards or less from the hospital. Now the way it sounded to me from the article they want to possibly extend that range, and if so is this the start of concentration camps???

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Roughly30,000 Americans die every year from the seasonal flu. Why should we be alarmed by H1N1 when it has killed a much smaller 5,000 people in the entire WORLD. Because it's more contagious? Because scientists worry it could mutate into a more deadly strain? Or, should we worry because Obama said so?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Is this the beginning of the end for what ever little freedom remained in America?

H1N1 a national emergency... *caugh* ya right. This is a power play and propaganda. Obama now operating under some very powerful executive orders.

With great power comes great responsibility... only in comics.

History shows us the opposite is true, power corrupts absolute.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I never noticed your Avatar before, it fits in well with mine.

Yes, I mentioned in another thread that one thing about this whole recession/depression(depression I believe is defined as 4 straight quarters with a decrease in GDP-so Biden was correct on one thing) but to my point, a lot of people like me, that use to work 40-60 hours a week, have been doing a lot of investigation over the last year.

At least one thing good has come out of it. I use to be strictly Conservative Republican. Now I trust them as much as I trust Obama, as far as I can throw a nuclear aircraft carrier.

But this whole vaccine thing, I have not trusted vaccines since I was in college and was forced to take a red measles shot, I could not get my records and became extremely ill.

23 years now, and have not had the flu, strep throat or even a major cold. As for broken bones, one of my brothers calls me Mr. Glass.

edit for gramma

[edit on 10/24/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Declaration sent to Congress....

The proclamation was sent to Congress. Its an official State of Emergency

AFP

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's perhaps because "there aren't enough vaccines" that they feel they ought to quarantine people,"for their own good".(Like we believe that!)
Did anyone else read the article on Infowars yesterday,titled "FDA,FTC Threaten Doctor Over Immune-Boosting Supplements for H1N1 Swine Flu". (It was originally written by Mike Adams,Oct.22,on Natural News.)
I don't know yet how to post a link to that source.Maybe someone else would be kind enough to check it out and post more about it.
In any case,this is along the lines of Codex Alimentarius,making herbs,vitamins,and other home-remedies illegal!(Money should all go to Big Pharma,or people can just die!)
It's believed that all those chemtrails have been weakening our immune system,and I don't doubt that!
I've been watching all this come together,and now to hear the president has done this confirms my greatest fears,about martial law,etc...
Great way to start the day...I haven't even had my first cup of coffee yet!(Funny,I come to this site when I first wake up..It's that good!)
I'll come back with my cup of coffee and see about that infowars article!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
National Guard could be used in a limited force.

The declaration gives the President control over the National Guard

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

The proclamation of this invites the World Health Organization to take over the US Government and setup FORCED VACCINATIONS according to treaty we signed on declared Pandemics.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yeah, I have about 3 TV's going and I heard one of the MSM or what I like to call the GPW or Governmental Propaganda Wing, mention that manpower is not a problem there. The national guard has been training for this very contingency.

I feel much better now. If things get bad, they will come and TRY to take my guns away and go to all the Department stores and loot them. Like they did during Katrina.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

DHS and FEMA will oversee the operation.

This could last for two years.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Purdue researchers: H1N1 about to peak

www.wlfi.com...

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Two Purdue University math researchers have predicted the novel H1N1 flu will peak so early that planned vaccinations will not have a large effect on the number of people infected.

Sherry Towers, from Purdue's statistics department, and Zhilan Feng, from Purdue's math department, used a mathematical model to predict the spread of the disease. They used data collected by the Centers for Disease Control in May, June, July and August.

The result? The model predicted that H1N1 infections will reach their peak in either the week before or the week after Halloween.

The researchers said this early peak for the disease mean that the vaccination campaign will only reduce infections by, at most, 6%. However, as the model also predicted that 63% of the US population will have been infected by the end of the year, a 6% reduction could still mean that the vaccinations could save thousands of lives.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

We can "hope" they dont do anything stupid, but thats not the track record now is it?
IF they blow this out of proportion enough and get Homeland involved, and people react to their panic ploy, how convienent will directive 51 be in that case!
I just felt when GW put that into place it was for future use.

This entire legislature makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Most people forget that the Southern hemisphere has already HAD their winter Flu season. June, July and August is winter time for the Southern H.

Have hundreds of thousands of people died from H1N1? No..4,500 (approx) worldwide...even though half of the planet has just come out of it's winter flu season?

Did H1N1 mutate into this powerful and swift killer we've repeatedly been told to expect come Autumn/Winter? No...

So why, would a National emergency be declared based on the figures and data that exists publicly? Even the official figures on infection rates can pretty much be ignored, as there is NO testing for H1N1 infection!

How can infection rate figures be given, if testing for H1N1 is NOT carried out? Couldn't the patient be infected with a nasty cold, seasonal flu or other infection instead of H1N1? Is every reported sniffle, being thrown into the total H1N1 infections hat, regardless of no confirmation of the actual H1N1 infection through testing?

How are these figures originating, if not through guesswork?

Something is very wrong with the whole H1N1 scenario...very wrong.

Is it simple monetary greed?
Is it enforced population/birth control?
A sterilization programme on a grande scale?
R.P.R. (Rapid Population Reduction) using time delayed pathogens?
Is it to chemically track us or tag us?

I wish i knew, but i don't...and that's what worries the hell out of me, not knowing the reasons why.
Given the evidence and whole history of this pantomime, i'm certain it's not a genuine vaccination given out of concern and with noble intent...the data doesn't support the level of response being given.

Could it be utter gullibility on all our respective governments part? Could they ignorantly, but genuinely think they are doing good for us, having been duped over H1N1?
I doubt it..our leaders can be and are many things, but we don't get to become leaders without at least some common sense or reasoning ability...they must know the truth, one way or another.

Could it be euthanasia on a global scale? Not to reduce our numbers..but to spare us, what they consider to be a much worse fate, shorty to emerge? Personally, i'd like the choice of suicide or taking my chances, wouldn't you?

Could it be a real vaccination..but not for some engineered, massively overhyped virus, but for something far more deadly?

Wild i know, but suppose an ET race - made contact and wanted to establish permanent and peaceful relations, under full disclosure conditions..thing is, they have or we have, an inherent genetic trait, curiously viral in nature, that is deadly to humans (or themselves visa-versa) on contact. What would TPTB do? They'd work with the ET's in finding a vaccine or genetic treatment to give to us all or the ET's in order to facilitate full disclosure and relations for the benefit of all.

Again, i'd much rather know than be told lies.
I don't know what the real motive for this thing is, but i know something is wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I very much agree. I think we all smell a rat here. These events doesnt make sense from the information that we have. Perhaps its just about getting more people to take the vaccine, perhaps its about something else. We should find out in the next week or so.

But they are pushing hard for people to take this vaccine now... it will be interesting to see if it has the expected effect on the general population (that is, more will want it) or if they will start to question the events we see here.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here's a couple of highlights from the statement...

Department of Health and Human Services Secretarial Declaration of a Public Heath Emergency
www.hhs.gov...

Declaration: The Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) may, under section 319 of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act determine that: a) a disease or disorder presents a public health emergency; or b) that a public health emergency, including significant outbreaks of infectious disease or bioterrorist attacks, otherwise exists.

~
Declare an emergency under section 564 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) authorizing emergency use of an investigational product. In this case, the Secretary must determine under section 319 of the PHS Act that there is a public health emergency that affects or has significant potential to affect national security that involves a specified chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear (CBRN) agent. The Secretary’s declaration of an emergency under section 564 of the FFDCA can also be based on a: a) determination by the Secretary of Homeland Security that there is an actual or significant potential for a domestic emergency involving heightened risk of attack with an CBRN agent; or b) determination by the Secretary of the Department of Defense that there is an actual or significant potential for a military emergency involving heightened risk of attack to U.S. military forces with a CBRN.

~
The President may declare a national emergency under the National Emergencies Act by transmitting a proclamation to Congress that is published in the Federal Register. Upon such declaration, authorities or powers made available by statute for use in an emergency are exercised only as specified by the President in his declaration or an Executive Order. The emergency may be terminated by Presidential proclamation or a joint resolution by Congress. In regard to international emergency economic powers, the President may declare an emergency to deal with any unusual and extraordinary threat which has its source in whole or substantial part outside the U.S. to the national security, foreign policy, or economy of the U.S.

~
sanctions under the Emergency Medial Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) for redirection of an individual to another location to receive a medical screening examination pursuant to a state emergency preparedness plan or transfer of an individual who has not been stabilized if the transfer arises out of emergency circumstances. A waiver of EMTALA requirements is effective only if actions under the waiver do not discriminate on the basis of a patient’s source of payment or ability to pay;

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 24/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

That was issued in April.

We are talking National Emergency, across all States and suspension and bypass of federal law.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
"It increases the ability of treatment facilities to handle a surge in H1N1 patients by easing the implementation of emergency plans."

See? This is what I don't understand about declaring the flu a national emergency.

HOW will making a statement increase the amount of health care personnel available to treat the expected influx of sick people?

HOW will simply speaking increase the amount of vaccines available or stores of Tamiflu?

HOW will a mere human utterance allow treatment facilities to handle a surge in patients?

What exactly do they mean by "easing" regulations? Does that mean that HIPPA patient privacy laws no longer apply? Does it mean the staff no longer will be required to wash their hands?

My concern with "easing federal regulations" is that the regulations being "eased" will actually be the U.S. Constitutional rule of law.

Barry the Wonder Boy has no innate power or gift to stop a virus in it's tracks no matter how much hope and change he promised the buggers.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Priceless. Protest Breaks Out at Massive Wisconsin Flu Shot Line

Check out the guy with the sign,

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel posted this photo essay showing the HUGE lines of people being forced to wait outside in the rain for flu shots.

Photo six is posted below- Mike O’Keefe brought a plywood sign, “Welcome to Government health care.”

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
everyone remain calm!!! do not panic!! everything will be back to normal in about 5-6 hour. this thread will disappear and we will resume our daily obama-sucks-and-here-is-why thread shortly.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join