It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares National Medical Emergency on H1N1 Flu

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You must have left your house at once and touched "something" at least 10 days ago.

I'm in the same situation you are, perpetual isolation practically. But I do go out occassionally for errands.

My symptoms started last Saturday and are unlike yours. Nausea, diareea (never could spell that word), sinus congestion, sore throat, cough and sleeplessness. The mild to high fever started Tuesday and comes & goes. So, we have different symptoms.

The national emergency papers being signed Friday night and the news delivered on Saturday seems strange to me. Hospitals must request dispensation in order to be relieved of the block on triage and outside hospital facilities. Its odd. This emergency is no emergency, or is it?

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ermm...

New York State have issued a statement, declaring any health official refusing the vaccine will be sacked. It is included in the BBC article.

Wow, and I just read an article yesterday that they had suspended mandatory vaccines for health care workers because of the shortages. There wasn't enough to vaccinate *only* the health care workers, let alone anyone else. Interesting.

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Responding to a request from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved emergency use of the experimental intravenous antiviral drug peramivir to treat hospitalized patients with pandemic H1N1 influenza.
Peramivir, manufactured by BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc., is still in Phase 2 clinical trials. Known side effects include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and decreases in white blood cell count, all of which stop when its use is halted. It has not been tested in pregnant women.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

The plot thickens.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have this :
President Obama declares H1N1 flu a national emergency

By Michael D. Shear and Rob Stein
Saturday, October 24, 2009; 12:58 PM

President Obama Saturday declared the H1N1 flu a national emergency, clearing the way for legal waivers to allow hospitals and doctors offices to better handle a surge of new patients.

The proclamation will grant Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius the power to authorize the waivers as individual medical facilities request them, officials said.

It says that Obama does "hereby find and proclaim that, given that the rapid increase in illness across the Nation may overburden health care resources and that the temporary waiver of certain standard Federal requirements may be warranted in order to enable U.S. health care facilities to implement emergency operations plans, the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic in the United States constitutes a national emergency."

Al Jazeera

The US president has declared a national emergency over the H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu.

A White House statement on Saturday, a day after Barack Obama signed the declaration, said the move was intended to prepare the country in case of "a rapid increase in illness that may overburden healthcare resources".

A public health emergency was already in place, but the new measure eases legal requirements to help federal government to provide care.

[edit on 24/10/2009 by ChemBreather]

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 24/10/09 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Obama always releases bad news on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Notice how Van Jones resigned at Midnight Sat night/Sun am? This is a known fact, you can check back since he was innaugurated and see that almost all breaking news of import hits on the weekend.

Less media attention, less people paying attention, and it simmers down to a low roar by Monday morning news time.

He is a master manipulator, *especially* when it comes to the media. It was actually signed late Friday night and withheld till today, according to all the news I have read/heard so far.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

yeah real interesting considering they have been planning for this for over 6 months, hyping it up , blowing it out all over the news, having manufactures pump out vaccines day and night.......

Naaaaa im not buying it, they have enough for people that want it.

In my opinion this is just an elaborate set up to help push the universal health care agenda.............great timing

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I love your post plucky!

That is an awesome post, Satan itself could show up in your back yard with the legions of the dead, and you would probably ask if he remembered the BBQ sauce! You are just tough.

I have been waiting with baited breath for the STHTF and it has been slowly building over time. Every day now in So Cal, I see military craft overhead at least 10 times a day. I even saw two massive cargo carriers flying on by and I couldn't help but feel that is our tax dollars and emergency supplies of food flying away.

I'm slightly surprised that the constant activity isn't drawing a little attention. Guess that's what happens in a true press blackout. I cringe to think of what's going to happen next.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You could be correct in that it happens to be a pleasant side effect of the declaration. I guess we will have to wait this one out and see.

I think most peoples' fear stems from a lack of trust. I honestly think that's it in a nutshell. They just don't trust Obama with this kind of power.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Let us have the Audio to go with this story !

Not a great source (MSM), but here's some more info.

President Barack Obama has declared the swine flu outbreak a national emergency, a move that allows medical officials to bypass certain federal requirements.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Does this mean Martial Law is next???

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I am sorry to hear you are quite ill too my friend. I hope you have a quick and speedy recovery. It could be merely coincidental that you and I have come down with severe symptoms that could be Swine Flu.

Of course I like to believe there are no such things as coincidence.

That of course would apply to Obama declaring a national health emergency.

I can't make up my mind if the Swine Flu is designed to help sell the idea of the urgent need for nationalized health and health care reform, or if it's a tool to introduce new laws on the book giving the military authority to operate for emergency purposes in a law enforcement capacity, or if it's a population reduction effort, or if it's just a way to enrich a few corporations at the Tax Payer's expense with a lot of hype and fear...

Or the probably frightening reality...ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Get well soon friend.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

My guess is probably a little of all the above, if this administration has proven one thing its that they are pretty calculated in what they do.

Nothing serves a single purpose thus far. I hate to sound like a conspiracy nut, but when the dots connect.......the dots connect!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I read the entire thread, but may have missed it if anyone mentioned this:

Having this emergency declared today, Saturday, may add credence to the Timewave Zero correlation for October 26th. If only for the fact that people are going to be distracted by yet another "the flu is coming to kill me" type scenario.

Enough about that:

I really don't see how this declaration can be construed as anything legit. Aren't the pharmaceutical companies supposed to already be working as fast as they can to distribute as many vaccines as possible? Also, I thought hospitals had already instituted policies to handle a surge in patients due to H1N1 -- wasn't that the point of WHO declaring it a "6" in the first place?

Further, unless Obama's announcement comes with an additional 10,000 doctors and nurses being distributed around the country -- I really can't see how this "removing the red tape" policy is going to assist hospitals dealing -- or potentially dealing -- with a tremendous number of patients.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by antar

Perhaps. By declaring this a emergency, I bet lots more people will want to get vaccinated.

Well here they said it had run it's course and was on the decline, in our area.

Then this week they sent under 900 doses, not for the public, stating soon they would send 18,000, well that leaves about 100,000, that wont get anything,

It is all odd they said ages under two, and over 49, would not be getting the vaccine either.

[edit on 013131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
I think most peoples' fear stems from a lack of trust. I honestly think that's it in a nutshell. They just don't trust Obama with this kind of power.

I myself don't trust anyone with this kind of power. Whenever I hear the term, bypass, or circumvent concerning constitutional law, I become alarmed.

I freely admit I am by nature paranoid of overreaching control. I submit some of us have to be to help with the checks and balances.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

My guess is probably a little of all the above, if this administration has proven one thing its that they are pretty calculated in what they do.

Nothing serves a single purpose thus far. I hate to sound like a conspiracy nut, but when the dots connect.......the dots connect!

Remember Rahm's quote

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Everyone mentioning the weekend news leaks by the Whitehouse, you are spot on. I came across a site about a week ago that listed all the large news so far this year. Over 65% were released by WH on the weekend. Guess which news source usually spread it. You guessed it, the same one I caught this release on. MSNBC is not the media wing of the WH, they are the propaganda wing.

Traveler, peace and hope you kick the # out of whatever bug you have quickly.

reply to post by Hazelnut

Same to you Hazel or is it nut,
hope you are feeling better soon. See above. I believe you are spot on.

reply to post by ChemBreather

Thanks for all you links Breather, I had to step out for a little bit. They have been manufacturing this vaccine since this spring, and they still do not have it done. Something smells a little fishy, especially with whole countries refusing to take the vaccine.

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Mask, I believe this whole thing has so many sides their are chances that the government is using it for every purpose. Healthcare, Chaos, Economics, etc etc. I just hope our worse fears are never realized.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Hazel and proto,

We have all been sick, and the symptoms vary from person to person,

My 25 year old son, passed out then threw up, that was it, the next day he was fine.

My husband has the head cold,

My asthmatic juvenile diabetic 21 year old daughter had the stomach thing, which the onset came out of the blue, she was fine one second, them bam, she was sick and in bed for two days,

I have the off and on again headache and weakness,

It is a strange thing, how whatever it is, effects each person differently.

[edit on 013131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes Storm, I had posted a picture and quote of exactly what you said. Great minds think alike.

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by hadriana

Panic and crisis is a wonderful thing to the government.

“Never let a serious crisis go to waste.”
– Rahm Emmanuel
White House Chief of Staff

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I must admit, this came as a shock to me. I really wasn't expecting it. Of course, in hindsight, I should have been...

NY Suspends Mandatory Flu Shots

It would appear that the game is afoot. One state decides to buck the system, and something must be done to bring them back into the fold. I'm sure this decision was being bantered about for a while; Obama just realized it was going through and decided it is time to play the Federal trump card. Now, the Federal government has the final say-so over the NY health care, instead of the state of NY.

Relax everyone. This is not martial law (yet). People are (believe it or not) still too much aware to fall for a full takeover just yet.

We live as pawns on a huge chess table. The players are TPTB, be they OPEC, the Illuminati, or Eastern tyrants. The whole idea behind the H1N1 scare was to make some more $$$ for the pharmaceuticals; after all, they are every bit as greedy as the bankers who got the bailout cash, and just as 'connected'. This declaration was nothing more than an attempt to make sure a few rogue states didn't jeopardize all the hard work and planning that went into making H1N1 a big scare tactic. After all, anyone can see that it is only a matter of time before there is no more bustling US economy, and everyone in the loop is grasping at every dollar they can find. That's why the banks and insurance companies got bailed out, and that's why the recent scares about flu have surfaced.

Incidentally, I have counted three separate flu bugs that have already swept this area, one of which may have been H1N1. We're still here. If that was H1N1, it's a nasty little bugger (only one to grab onto me, but lasted all of 1 day thanks to my home remedies.
), but it's just a flu.

If that wasn't it, then I suppose I'll have to battle it away when it pops up. Either case, this old redneck will NOT be taking a vaccination for it.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join