It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Storm over BNP on Major BBC Programe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My chief concern regarding the BNP getting any publicity is that, generally, racist attacks increase whenever they raise their racist heads, and I can almost guarantee that it will be no different on this occasion.

The BNP is born of ignorance, populated by ignorance and supported by the ignorant.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I didn't say i don't agree with their policies. Yes i agree with their policies but i don't agree with the racist blur's that comes out of the party.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by adeH1]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeH1
reply to post by TSOM87

I didn't say i don't agree with their policies.

I don't believe i asked you?

tsom87

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeH1
reply to post by detachedindividual

True, you raised some good points their.

Choosing a political party to vote for is a complicated process, all of them make promises and then fail completely to even try to enact any of them (See Obama!)
Politicians are famous for lying on camera, they'll tell you anything they like in the hope of convincing you to vote for them.

The BNP are no different, they'll tell you anything to convince you that they'll run this country far better than any others, it doesn't mean they will.

Just look at the damage existing political parties have done already, and they don't have these disgusting views or such a horrific background. Imagine just how much worse it would be if an extreme party like the BNP did gain power, with their existing views and history!

It really doesn't bear thinking about.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

True.

I am going to stop talking about the party as most of you hate them and i don't want to be in the cross hair.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

The fact that they are (soon to be were) a white's only party?

They're now having to rethink that so that they may continue in their current form.

The Equality and Human Rights Commission has pretty much forced the change.

They also had on their site a program of "Compulsory repatriation" which they then changed to "Voluntary repatriation".

It's not even so much their policies now... as they're not so stupid as to carry on with the "White is right, down with the brown" type rhetoric...
It's more the people and the agenda that these people have.

There have been many documentaries and expose type programs showing these scum in their true light.

As i said before...they use the "hot topics" and "sore issues" that people have and run with them.... which in principal is what many political parties do... but none of the others have a convicted racist criminal as their leader... none of the other parties are whites only.

I have had soooooo many BNP discussions and arguments on here.

I'm not here to go round the houses again on the same issues.

The BNP are a racist party.... if you support them, you're supporting racism.

It's really quite simple.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by adeH1

Ok I really believe the government need a kick up the backside about immigration but kicking people out? it is not there fault it is our government for letting it get in a mess in the first place.

Government need to start listening and then we wont have horrible parties like this gaining popularity.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by valiant]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
My chief concern regarding the BNP getting any publicity is that, generally, racist attacks increase whenever they raise their racist heads, and I can almost guarantee that it will be no different on this occasion.

The BNP is born of ignorance, populated by ignorance and supported by the ignorant.

That is a fear, but in the same breath, that's not enough of a reason to restrict freedom of opinion or the BBC's impartiality.

I'm hopeful that the public are about to make it clear, beyond any doubt, that this party does not represent the majority of our citizens. I'm hopeful that this will allow free expression of views, coverage of the truth.

Already, the BBC have been showing a background of Nick Griffin, his National Front involvement, his criminal history...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i,ve got some questions for people.

If you like a race over an other race is that racist or just natural stick to your original race

If you have friends off other races but want the oringal people who manned this land to have first choicein things like housing, ect. Is this racist ?

i am asking because i am unsure.

surely because you favour a race does not mean your racist maybe just being unfair.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You know, I watched a movie the other night and if you look beyond this scene that I am going to post. There might be a possibility of this happening in the future if you think about it....

Britain certainly is on the brink of panic, wonder where it will turn?

Even the old bailey has been replaced in the last few weeks by a supreme court.

Id vote for Mr V anyday thats for sure

I really think talking will solve nothing now in a country where certain things cannot be said anymore.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
On the immigration issue, these people are very quick to give the simple answer of "kick them out", but they fail to address the reason they are here.

These people come to Britain because, most of the time, we are or have been bombing the crap out of their country to secure oil or some other commodity.

We, along with America, attack anywhere we like for financial gain. We side with global groups to force trade restrictions and embargo's on already poor nations, and then wonder why millions of people have to leave that country to find work!

How about, instead of demanding that our leaders stop immigration, we demand that our leaders stop bombing poor people, stop enforcing unfair trade laws on them, start working with other nations to make their country more habitable?

We need to find reasons for people to want to remain in their own nations, and at the moment, we're adding to the problems for these people and then complaining when they want to come here for a better life!

We should be proud that our country is so desirable, but we should also be ashamed that our leaders have consistently forced this on such people. They have no choice but to find security, safety and a future elsewhere, because we've screwed up their own country for our benefit!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by detachedindividual]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
of course this guy should be allowed on the show. why not? what's the worst that can happen?

people ask him questions that vaguely challenge his stance, and make him look like a fool or they are plants, and directly make him look foolish (but that scenario is the cynical american in me speaking)

either way, keep us updated, i have no clue as to how to tune in to this, or even see the tape of it, as i am across the pond. i'm interested to see if he gets reamed or what. thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I don't know if you can access it from the US...

BBC Live

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Aaaaah V absolutely, he would get my vote and I would march to the houses of parliment from lincolnshire in full costume

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I am expecting someone to show up shortly in the UK after the riots happen as the noose gets tighter on everyones neck.

Its only a matter of time, the choice will be the countries because it was the countries choice to let the mess happen in the first place.

Time will tell and I hope that people make the right choice.

Right now however, people just cannot seem to see that expecting a problem to fix the problem that the problem created is never going to give you anything but more problems

Ahhh, government, the cause of and the solution to lifes problems.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

'' The fact that they are (soon to be were) a white's only party? ''

So you have problem because its a one race party. So you would be against the The Metropolitan Black Police Association?

''As i said before...they use the "hot topics" and "sore issues" that people have and run with them.... which in principal is what many political parties do... but none of the others have a convicted racist criminal as their leader... none of the other parties are whites only''

Yeah every party dose do that. What worser a racist or a war criminal like Tony Blair/George Bush who were in power for 10 years?

Free Speech. They have been Elected to EP with a million odd votes they have every right to be on the Program.

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

It depends how one "favours" a race?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you favour one race above others in law, society, freedoms and rights, then yes, absolutely that is racist.

As for anything else, I'm confused. I don't know how a person can "favour" one race in friendship or relationship in life. Surely you know Black, Asian, European people?

If you were to limit your friendships and relationships to only people of your own race, consciously, I'd say that's more xenophobic than racist.

Ultimately, people are free to have their opinion and live their life to their own laws in these respects. But the moment it crosses the line into restricting the rights of others, then there's a problem.

When it's the leadership of a country, it is in direct violation of Human Rights and public opinion.

I am all for the idea of putting certain groups of people first in housing and so on, when a nation can barely manage as it is. But this has to be done very carefully, and with the right intentions.

As I've said, instead of making the very simple statements of "British first" and "end immigration", people need to think logically of why people would choose to leave their own country and come here, and most of the time, it's because of unfair restrictions and the damage we have caused to their own economy.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
That is a fear, but in the same breath, that's not enough of a reason to restrict freedom of opinion or the BBC's impartiality.

Yes, I am well aware of that, as I mentioned in my initial post.

I still have concerns for the rise in attacks that will inevitably arise from the publicity garnered due to this.

I doubt very much that those making the decisions to allow this to go ahead are going to be victims of a racial attack on the street though, it's easy when the repurcussions do not affect you directly.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
As I've said, instead of making the very simple statements of "British first" and "end immigration", people need to think logically of why people would choose to leave their own country and come here, and most of the time, it's because of unfair restrictions and the damage we have caused to their own economy.

That don't mean the UK or an other country has to be irresponsable with there Immigration. The Immigration IS out of control, it needs sorted out big time.

tsom87

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I usually restruct myself from commenting about the BNP as I know how the vast majority of the UK population has fallen for G.Browns dishevelling and demonising of this party.
The BBC is funded in part by G.Brown, and as such, parties like the EDL/BNP pose a significant threat to Browns future in Parliament. The BBC wants the "top 3" parties to be in the runnings for elections and anyone who is patriotic to this country has the inevitable task of being called Racist, simply because its the easiest category to label them as.

Its all playground talk and little politics, the campaigners against the BNP fall into the hands of the other parties by believing the Slander there told instead of listening or researching the BNP themselves. I find it insulting that OTHER people should have to tell me who I should vote for, especially those who dont belong in this country.

Would anyone from England here go to any other Mid-East/Asian country and cry Racism if the party in that country was patriotic and wanted change?, of course not..so why should we accept it here, especially when our culture is dying out. Crime against white people is the majority and theres no jobs for anyone anymore and were still expecting a population rise of 1.7 million in the coming years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join