It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Storm over BNP on Major BBC Programe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ukmadmax

That's how i feel, but, the thing that really winds me up is when people here just scrounge, not just the people of foreign countries, but when people of my own nation, colour etc. do so, i feel they are letting their communities and their nation down by not being a productive member of society.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphiryll
I find our society very strange and one-sided, if you stand for your nation then you are a racist, a bigot etc. etc. but i suppose it's ok for someone from a foreign country to try and thrust their views on me? I wholly understand if an immigrant comes here because their place of origin is dangerous or quality of life is poor, but i think integration is more suitable personally. I support the EDL, standing up for English values, as they appear to be lost on those in power, who believe they can do what they want (just looking at the expenses' scandal, and the tory mp's behind the scenes rant). I am all for freedom of speech, which is why Nick Griffin should be allowed onto Question Time, so that he can give HIS views instead of people doing it for him.

Thousands of British people move to Spain when they retire, millions go there on holiday every year, where is the demand for them all to learn Spanish?

You clearly haven't read through this thread. I'm British, and I am regularly proud and patriotic, and ashamed and angry at my government in equal measure.

Being proud to be British is completely separate from electing or supporting a racist, homophobic and hateful party.

You can have it both ways, you can be proud to be British and NOT support racism.

The idea that you can't is a myth.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Would anyone from England here go to any other Mid-East/Asian country and cry Racism if the party in that country was patriotic and wanted change?

Yes, if that is where I had emigrated to and considered it my home, but it would chiefly depend on the change they wanted to implement, if it was overtly racist then who would oppose it?

Crime against white people is the majority and theres no jobs for anyone anymore and were still expecting a population rise of 1.7 million in the coming years.

Well the majority of people in the UK are white and is that black on white crime you are talking about?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
of course this guy should be allowed on the show. why not? what's the worst that can happen?

people ask him questions that vaguely challenge his stance, and make him look like a fool or they are plants, and directly make him look foolish (but that scenario is the cynical american in me speaking)

either way, keep us updated, i have no clue as to how to tune in to this, or even see the tape of it, as i am across the pond. i'm interested to see if he gets reamed or what. thanks for the info.

If you google Zattoo or Filmon, you will be able to find where to download these programs. They enable you to watch all the British terrestrial channels, including BBC1 which Question Time will be broadcast on

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by XXXN3O
This is on topic but slightly off, just a question.

Does Nick Griffin have a glass eye?

Yes, yes he does.

In 1990 he was involved in an accident, in circumstances which have not been fully disclosed, in which he lost his left eye when a shotgun cartridge exploded in a fire. He now wears a glass eye. The accident happened in France

[edit on 22-10-2009 by pazcat]

Thanks for the info.

Shotgun cartridge, ouch.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just a heads up if you didn't hear there's rioting going on outside bbc centre atm

here

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Xadaz]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

That's a little misleading.

It's a protest.

Two quite different things.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xadaz
Just a heads up if you didn't hear there's rioting going on outside bbc centre atm

here

This could be the start of history in the making by the way.

This is something to keep an eye on.

It wont be long until theres riots in this country.

With regards to the newspaper article, its interesting that theres no bnp supporters?

[edit on 22-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Saphiryll
I find our society very strange and one-sided, if you stand for your nation then you are a racist, a bigot etc. etc. but i suppose it's ok for someone from a foreign country to try and thrust their views on me? I wholly understand if an immigrant comes here because their place of origin is dangerous or quality of life is poor, but i think integration is more suitable personally. I support the EDL, standing up for English values, as they appear to be lost on those in power, who believe they can do what they want (just looking at the expenses' scandal, and the tory mp's behind the scenes rant). I am all for freedom of speech, which is why Nick Griffin should be allowed onto Question Time, so that he can give HIS views instead of people doing it for him.

Thousands of British people move to Spain when they retire, millions go there on holiday every year, where is the demand for them all to learn Spanish?

You clearly haven't read through this thread. I'm British, and I am regularly proud and patriotic, and ashamed and angry at my government in equal measure.

Being proud to be British is completely separate from electing or supporting a racist, homophobic and hateful party.

You can have it both ways, you can be proud to be British and NOT support racism.

The idea that you can't is a myth.

The Brits that go to live in Spain support themselves, the Spanish don't hand out money and houses to scroungers.
Unlike the UK.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

here

By the "Fail"?

Not even worth looking at.

They are renowned for distorting the truth and blatantly lying. There is no "riot" outside the BBC, especially not when this would have been written.

There was an angry mob, expressing their opinion. Sky reports numbers are now dwindling, which is disappointing, I would have liked them to continue until at least NG left the studio.
Maybe they're just off to the pub for an hour or so?

That's what I'd do, sound like a good night *Protest BNP, go for a loo break and sink a few pints, go back and protest some more*

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Exactly what i said above man... It's a protest.

NOT a riot.

Some people eh?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukmadmax
The Brits that go to live in Spain support themselves, the Spanish don't hand out money and houses to scroungers.
Unlike the UK.

Ok, now go and find the statistics on the people claiming benefits, for how long, for how many people in their family.

There are FAR more White, British people claiming benefits for decades in this country than immigrants. That is a fact, and I challenge you to find any evidence to the contrary.

So, instead of blaming all these immigrants for the taxes we have to pay for supporting scroungers, how about facing the truth and criticising the white, British layabouts claiming every benefit going while popping out spawn at an alarming rate?

So many people are very quick to repeat the propaganda (by rags like the Daily Fail) and never think for themselves. Where is the common sense and intelligent thought?

Are most British people really that stupid?
These protests would suggest not, thankfully.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

They have done this before, with Gerry Adams, so they could if they wanted to. But they know there would be a backlash from people shouting censorship censorship!!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

They are given the name of those whom wish to ask questions, they do not screen the questions members of public want to ask, no one on the panel even knows what questions the audience want to ask. Before the member of the audience is asked for thier question.

The Equality commission in the UK has now written to the BBC, asking for an explanation.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Whoops my mistake, riots on my mind

Good times ;-)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

here

This could be the start of history in the making by the way.

This is something to keep an eye on.

It wont be long until theres riots in this country.

With regards to the newspaper article, its interesting that theres no bnp supporters?

[edit on 22-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

Applause for the fantastic pun!

Needless to say, I'll be tuning in to this tonight. I hear William Hague will be on there too.. And I hope he'll tear Griffin to shreds with his scathing wit..

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
His decision to use Winston Churchill's picture, along with those of Spitfire pilots and WWII heroes and soldiers in general is just sickening...

Blupblup, my friend. Perhaps you should research Winston Churchill a little further. His views on Islam, race and immigration would have made him right at home in the BNP
. Examples:

"Someone once asked Churchill if he had seen the film Carmen Jones, which starred Dorothy Dandridge. Winston replied that he didn't like blackamoors and had walked out early in the proceedings."

"When he was told that there was a very high mortality among Negroes from measels he growled 'Well there are plenty left. They've a high rate of production'".

"Churchill was irritated by Harold Macmillan's 1960 'Wind of Change' speech. 'Harold should not have gone to Africa encouraging the black men.'"

On Islam:

"civilisation is confronted with militant Mahommedanism. The forces of progress clash with those of reaction. The religion of blood and war is face to face with that of peace. Luckily the religion of peace is usually the better armed."

Plenty more where that came from.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

He was also the first home secretary to order British troops to attack their own people.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
His decision to use Winston Churchill's picture, along with those of Spitfire pilots and WWII heroes and soldiers in general is just sickening...

So it is fine for other Political Parties to do this, or were you sickened to the stomache because it was the BNP whom used the images and not the main political parties?

You see the double standards?

Political parties use the images of the military to gain publicity, the Government, Opposition parties use the media for publicity, is that not sickening in itself>

UPDATE:

3 Arrested, 3 Police Officers have been injured also, due to the protests outside the BBC.

Ooooh Protestors are moving on mass towards the Wesfield Shopping Centre. To try and face Griffins when he comes out of the BBC Centre. Seemingly they are trying to get out of the BBC Centre, using a different exit.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It fascinates me that so many posters here have no clue of their own delusion.

You can appreciate patriotism and "Britishness" without supporting a fascist, nazi party.

What's the confusion here?

These are not riots, if you think this is a riot you are seriously naive. I have been in a riot, and it was nothing like this. This is a PROTEST, with examples of passive resistance and civil disobedience. There is a big difference between people being dragged from a building on their backs and people throwing petrol bombs! Stop trying to make these protesters into something they are not!

It's a weak attempt at deionising freedom of protest, you don't like it so you portray them as "rioters" and "anarchists", never mind the fact that we can all see this and openly state that you are lying.

Regardless of some truly idiotic, overly-simplistic and confused opinions here, I am proud that there are so many willing to express what is right.

I'm incredibly proud of these people, and I hope they keep up the opposition throughout the following weeks, months and years, in order to prevent this group of hateful Nazi's from gaining any mask of credibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join