It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Storm over BNP on Major BBC Programe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

seriously?? the questions on question time are probably the most screened in the political world! ... (ok, maybe not at that level, but they deffinitelly dont let people ask a question without first reviewing it )

watching sky news atm, it appears some people have manage to break in to television before the question time recording..seems theirs some protesting happening.

edit - even more crazieness...

and in something very reminicent of scientologists tactics, i just saw someone come out from bbc side taking pics of the protestors, it has me wondering if their bbc photogoraphers or someone with bnp.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah, anti fascist demonstrators appeared to have stormed the gates at BBC Television Centre in West London. Some have entered the building itself. BBC News are showing live coverage as demonstrators are being arrested in the grounds of TV Centre.

The crowd seems to be enlarging & getting "boisterous". I can't see how they'll manage to get the Question Time guests in ... perhaps they'll have to move to Plan B and record the show at an undisclosed location.

Have mixed feelings on the subject. Griffin is a very dangerous man. He's Cambridge educated & a slippery fish when subject to awkward questions about his own past and that of his membership. But he does have the right to free speech. Quite whether the BBC have the responsibility to provide him with a platform for his free speech is another thing altogether.

I'd rather they'd hadn't invited him.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
He has to be REALLY careful what he says on the show as this is the big time now for the BNP.

Why does he have to be REALLY careful, surely if he speaks openly and honestly he won't slip up and therefore has nothing to worry about?

I agree.. all these anti fascists should look up the meaning of the word.. the UAF are the biggest Nazi's and fascists around all the marching they do with the usual crap "Stop the Fascist BNP" should instead be "Vote in the lefties, legalise drugs..man" up to me i'd burn the lot of them..but it's not..shame

Yes you should indeed have a great deal of shame.

..........and now the BNP have black members and they have lots of Jewish members so what's with all the racist rubbish?

Beyond laughable......please show me evidence?

Edit: Have been trying to locate those black and "lots of Jewish" members you spoke of, but to no avail, I did find this article posted in the Guardian in 2004, here are a couple of exerts from the article:

BNP to allow Black recruits

Earlier this month Griffin met senior members of the BNP to discuss ways of quashing the threat of legal action. The issue first materialised late last year when an Asian man threatened to sue the BNP after being barred from joining the party. The BNP's constitution stipulates that all its members must be of 'British or closely kindred native European stock.'

Phil Edwards, spokesman for the BNP, defended its efforts. 'The BNP is a party for white people and discrimination is a fundamental human right. If I was a lawyer I would not be able to join the Black Lawyers Association,' Edwards said.

Now what part of that is NOT racist...?

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
.........if they received a million + votes in ur elections, then alot of you are racist and hate so.. i dont really see the conflict and im happy to see the BBC being journalists and not a tool...

The population of the UK is, as of mid 2008, 61.8 million, which roughly equates to be being one person in every sixty people being a racist or incredibly ignorant to what the BNP actually stands for.

I'm not sure if that equates to "a lot" but it's 1 million people the UK wouldn't miss.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
For the first time in a long time I am incredibly proud of my fellow citizens.

They have come out in considerable numbers to express their opinion.

Personally, I was in support of the BBC to allow him to be on the show, because, whether we like it or not, he is an elected, recognised party leader. We cannot pick and choose in these matter, we have to allow a platform for all parties, no matter if we agree with their abhorrent views or not.

BUT...

The people also have the right to protest, and this should never be prevented.

Just as that BNP arse has the right to be involved in the political arena, the people have the right to protest and give their opinion.

Incidentally, to lend support to exactly why these people are protesting, I just heard Nick Griffin on Sky news calling these people rioters. He also stated clearly that, in his opinion, they shouldn't be permitted to express their views!
He later revised this when appearing on the BBC, adding that these people were "limiting democracy". He completely fails to understand that this is a democratic right of the people, they have the right to protest against his views. This is true democracy in action.

So, while he demands the right to speak, he would quickly refuse the people their right to an opposing opinion.

This is another reason why the BNP should NEVER gain any ground politically in this country!

Many of us have pondered the question of if you could go back in time and kill Hitler, would you? Well, IMO, this is the same situation. If you have the opportunity to prevent Hitler from gaining leadership of a country, wouldn't you do everything you can to make sure such a grotesque human never gains such power?

I'm watching this with glee. I'm proud of these people for speaking out and showing that this party is not welcome in this country by a vast majority.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by detachedindividual]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
he should be allowed to go and speak and share his views maybe the other partys will get a kick up the arse and try to change thnigs for the btter because the more the major partys screw up, the more the BNP will pick up on it and show the public that they dont care about them.

One partys loss is anothers gain just like the euro elections.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm glad people are protesting... and DAMN...are they protesting...

But i still want NG to appear tonight.

I want the panel and audience and DD to absolutely hammer him.

Of course he's not going to be open and honest, the BNP don't know how to be.
They lie and twist and mask their true racist agenda by talking about immigration and our "poor soldiers".

They just pick the hot topics and convince gullible and stupid people that the BNP are there for them...and that they are working for their issues.
They're not.... they're pushing their racist agenda and in a much more mainstream yet covert way.

Judging by what's happening on the news at the moment (protests) i can't see him even getting in....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Apparently he's made it into the studio. But not before he was caught up at a gated entrance for a while to allow the press to take lots of pretty snaps into his car.

The BBC are clearly loving this and milking it for all its worth. Even the news broadcaster has a slight grin as he's talking about the protesters

We now need to make sure this pressure is kept on, as the headlines roll out over the next few days, we need plenty of intelligent people stating the truth about this party. Instead of giving them publicity, which is what a lot of people fear will happen, we need to make sure any publicity includes the facts about this disgusting group of people.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think the crowd have gotten word that he's in, now this could turn ugly if they decide to openly attack the BBC.

That's something I really hope doesn't happen. The BBC have acted fairly and correctly in this so far. People shouldn't be protesting against the BBC, they should be protesting the BNP alone.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I believe in the immigration policies of the BNP and they are

British Jobs for British Workers
British Homes for British Families
Stop Immigration and Put British People First
Say NO to a federal Europe, Keep Britain Free
Bring British Soldiers Home from Afghanistan
Put British Workers Before the Banks
Promote British Culture, Traditions and Heritage
A Future for British Children

Who doesn't want the above? I'm not racist but i agree on the above. I'm not saying kick every black person from the country but remove the one's that wasn't born here and don't remove the people that was born here.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by adeH1

As you're "not racist" what about the white people who aren't British?

Hmmmmm Not racist.... Okaaaaayyyyy

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The same. If they wasn't born in Britain then they shouldn't be aloud to take British jobs.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeH1
I believe in the immigration policies of the BNP and they are

British Jobs for British Workers
British Homes for British Families
Stop Immigration and Put British People First
Say NO to a federal Europe, Keep Britain Free
Bring British Soldiers Home from Afghanistan
Put British Workers Before the Banks
Promote British Culture, Traditions and Heritage
A Future for British Children

I believe in some of those policies too, but the BNP has consistently refused to elaborate on how exactly they would do all of this.

You have to consider what this party has said and done in the past. Would you be willing to allow this party into power based on these ideas at the risk of allowing another fascist psychopath to gain power?

They may have one or two appealing ideas, but that is accompanied by some horrific statements about their appreciation of Hitler, their denial of the holocaust, their links to racist and homophobic violent attacks...

It's all very well saying "but they have some good ideas", all parties have some good ideas, it doesn't mean they'll actually achieve any of them, and it doesn't mean their goals are limited to them either. You have to consider exactly what they are, and how they would be in a position of power. Say goodbye to your freedom and rights to protest for one thing. Say goodbye to freedom of press and opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by adeH1

Ah ok then.... it's just when you said

Originally posted by adeH1
I'm not saying kick every black person from the country but remove the one's that wasn't born here and don't remove the people that was born here.

Kind of seemed that you were racist.

But obviously, as a BNP supporter... you couldn't possibly be a racist could you?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

True, you raised some good points their.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

They may have one or two appealing ideas, but that is accompanied by some horrific statements about their appreciation of Hitler, their denial of the holocaust, their links to racist and homophobic violent attacks...

Exactly.

Not forgetting that the leader of this so-called "political party" is a convicted criminal and convicted for being racist.

Just because these people wear suits and now call themselves a political party.. doesn't make them any less racist.

[edit on 22/10/09 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I understand where you came from blupblup, also i am not racist, i will never ever go around blurring out racist comments.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by adeH1

Fair enough, i apologise for implying you were then.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Ok, Ok, i know that he was convicted all i was doing was doing was expressing my views on the policies of the BNP.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Tell me some the polices you don't agree with that the BNP stand for!

Tsom87

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join