It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin haters try to trick readers into buying their book

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wow that cover is a coincidence isn't it? NOT! They did do that on purpose. It's stupid and wrong.

I don't like caribou barbie much, but I don't think I would stoop so low as to copy a book cover to try and trash her sales.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
From Websters:

Rogue \rog\ n

1. A dishonest person. : SCOUNDREL
2. A mischievous person : SCAMP

I don't play partisan politics and I won't support or disapprove of Palin but why would she use the word "Rogue" on the cover and title of her book ?
I guess she was seeking a synonym for Maverick but John McCain had already used that term.

Unfortunately this is an example of exactly why the "Left" makes fun of her...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There is also:

dictionary.reference.com...

11. no longer obedient, belonging, or accepted and hence not controllable or answerable; deviating, renegade: a rogue cop; a rogue union local.

Yeah, I can see how that works. But in itself it's a hypocrisy because there is nothing renegade in politicking on far-right agenda.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
See what did I tell ya ....here we are , page 5

from the movie revenge of the nerds I sing~
~Ohh ahh Sarah Palin

~Ohh ahh Sarah Palin

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
You can speculate all you want, but you must surely know this Palin is deficient in all basic requirements to lead any kind of nation , she lacks all the requirements and credentials . She will be a laughing stock . When she comes up against the likes of Putin , a well respected and knowledgeable pipeline strategist counterpart , she'll be telling Putin of her bedroom view of russia from alaska . And shooting of moose . They will run rings around a fool such as her . Much as I would like to see the downfall of the usa , I would not wish such an ignominious farcical departure from the world stage.

She'd do a better job than Obama, because, she sure as hell can't do any worse.

***UNNECESSARY PERSONAL ATTACK REMOVED***
I'll happily take any penalties given for my previous comment, but I won't retract it.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Warnings – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
why would she use the word "Rogue" on the cover and title of her book ?

Actually, this term came from the John McCain campaign aides. Toward the end of the campaign, some "insiders" came out and said that Sarah wouldn't do anything she was told to do and that she was going off message. They said she was "going rogue". So that's where that came from.

Source

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Aw. Poor Sarah. That is a dirty trick. But it's not like she doesn't deserve it.

What "dirty trick" did she do to deserve it? Just curious. At least you can see it for a dirty trick.

(Snip)

Sarah Palin did nothing to deserve being treated as badly as she did.

Oh wait - yes she did - she agreed to run against Barack "the Savior of our nation" Obama and dared to give the Republican Party hope that he might not be elected during the campaign (at least during that first week when she was unveiled by the McCain campaign).

[edit on 22-10-2009 by asala]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For somebody who isn't a threat, they are sure doing one hell of alot of work to try and neutralize her. Anybody that pisses the Liberals off that much is OK in my book.

Watch, you will probably be able to pick up the look-alike book in discount stores for $.99 in a few weeks.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by JIMC5499]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
For somebody who isn't a threat, they are sure doing one hell of alot of work to try and neutralize her. Anybody that pisses the Liberals off that much is OK in my book.

Watch, you will probably be able to pick up the look-alike book in discount stores for $.99 in a few weeks.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by JIMC5499]

Actually, Palin could totally turn the tables on these idiots by offering a coverless copy of the fake book free as satire: the "Katie Couric authorized edition" with each purchase of her own book. Her sales would skyrocket.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

What "dirty trick" did she do to deserve it? Just curious. At least you can see it for a dirty trick.

I'm not saying that Palin did a "dirty trick" herself (although I'm not saying she didn't), I'm just saying that she deserves all the negative attention she gets for all the negative things she did and said during the campaign and since. The Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson interviews, the "death panel" agenda, the fact that she quit her job to make money, her "hanging around with terrorists" stuff she did during the campaign, using state funds for personal use, her lack of intelligence, her desire to marry religion and government, she can see Russia from Alaska, Putin, need I go on?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I'm not saying that Palin did a "dirty trick" herself (although I'm not saying she didn't), I'm just saying that she deserves all the negative attention she gets for all the negative things she did and said during the campaign and since. The Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson interviews, the "death panel" agenda, the fact that she quit her job to make money, her "hanging around with terrorists" stuff she did during the campaign, using state funds for personal use, her lack of intelligence, her desire to marry religion and government, she can see Russia from Alaska, Putin, need I go on?

Seeing Russia "from my house" was a SNL skit done by Tina Fey.

Using state funds for personal use - that's much, much worse than Barack Obama fueling up AF One and making a cross country flight across the country to do an appearance on "Letterman", right, to let people know he was black before the election? And of course that pales in comparison to the stimulus package spent to bail out Wall Street and now the second bail out package that's in the works, right? Oh, sorry, "stimulus" package. Oh, wait - what are they going to call this next one?

"lack of intelligence" - you're kidding, right? How about Barbara Boxer? Joe "Bidenisms" Biden? Patrick Kennedy? Robert Byrd?

Also, it's one thing to be unintelligent, but that's better than being far-out evil like Nancy Pelosi.

"Her desire to marry religion and government" - well OH MY GOODNESS, first lady MICHELLE OBAMA is guilty of the very same thing!

[edit on 22-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Mod note: Please keep to the topic and hand and not each other please,
Such posts will result in an Off-topic.

Thanks,
Asala.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
welll the one on the left looks way better...seems like the haters have a way better designer than palin does lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join