It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin haters try to trick readers into buying their book

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This book is almost identicle,and is being released on the same day.

A far left startup publisher is going to release “Going Rouge,” a collection of Palin hit-pieces, on November 17th, the same day as Sarah Palin’s best seller “Going Rogue” hits the book stores.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7698c7ed7219.jpg[/atsimg]

Palin-haters Set to Release Hit-Piece “Going Rouge” On Same Day as Sarah’s Book Launch

It is dispicable how people are doing every thing they can to destroy this woman. Is this copyright infringment?

According to "Michael Kahn, a partner at Bryan Cave law firm in St. Louis and a mystery writer"

The copyright law governing book jacket art is the same as
the copyright law covering all visual arts. The basic question is
whether the alleged infringer’s artwork is “substantially similar” to
the original artwork. While there are, as you can imagine, many
refinements of that general rule depending upon the specific artwork at
issue, the courts generally ask whether the ordinary observer would find the images substantially similar.

What is copyright infringement anyway?

I would have the lawyers all over this

-E-

[edit on 21-10-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It is despicable, but probably not illegal.

The massive propaganda machine of the Obama administration is running full tilt and no conservative or even liberal who speaks his mind is safe.

Ask Juan Williams.

Nothing is sacred except the party line.

[edit on 2009/10/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The massive propaganda machine of the Obama administration is running full tilt and no conservative or even liberal who speaks his mind is safe.

You've got that right!

-E-

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
That's a hard case to make man, hard to prove.

They could easily say it was satire or mockery or even comedic effect and easily get away with it because it just might be true. Depends on the viewpoint in today's legal process.

Honestly, I can't see what anyone would LIKE about Sara Palin. She really doesn't come across as smart, worldly, or terribly relevant.

Put her in any major political race and she'd be destroyed. In any case, she doesn't represent anything good that I can see, and I'm conservative (libertarian-side but still).

George Bush doesn't look good in skirt-suits, but it'd be the same effect.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
How can it be against copyright , who are they copying ? Unless Sarah Palin's ghost writer wants to take it up in court , but she isn't allowed to say anything anyway about the book she wrote , so that rules that out . It is like milli vanilli trying to accuse somebody of stealing they vocals .

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

I was talking about the cover

-E-

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
It is like milli vanilli trying to accuse somebody of stealing they vocals .

Man, that's funny. Almost woke my boys.

I get tired of empty politicians and their phony media campaigns. I rue the day consumption became the main event, because advertising is more advanced here than in any other place on earth.

Sad really.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
That's a hard case to make man, hard to prove.

They could easily say it was satire or mockery or even comedic effect and easily get away with it because it just might be true. Depends on the viewpoint in today's legal process.

Honestly, I can't see what anyone would LIKE about Sara Palin. She really doesn't come across as smart, worldly, or terribly relevant.

Put her in any major political race and she'd be destroyed. In any case, she doesn't represent anything good that I can see, and I'm conservative (libertarian-side but still).

George Bush doesn't look good in skirt-suits, but it'd be the same effect.

I agree.

I do think they are deliberately doing it, of course they are, look how similar it is.

But either way Sarah Palin is a joke, as corrupt as they come, sh*t, she abdicated from Alaska due to those nagging ethics problems.

Who could really vote for this woman? Who thinkls she would make a change for the positive? I just don't understand people these days.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
How funny, I was just talking about "Firecracker" earlier today and how many in washington are scared of her...this is anoter example.

Evertime I see these kind of attacks,just makes me like her more.

Ohh ahh Sarah Palin
Ohh ahh Sarah Palin

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Grayelf2009]

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is despicable, but probably not illegal.

Shoot man, if you ignore who's doing it, I'd say quite a few politicians should be destroyed politically.

You assume the intent, unless you know something I don't. If that's the case I'd be interested to hear it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
How funny, I was just talking about "Firecracker" earlier today and how many in washington are scared of her...this is anoter example.

Evertime I see these kind of attacks,just makes me like her more.

Ohh ahh Sarah Palin

Why do you like her, and why does criticism of something make it more attractive?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
How can it be against copyright , who are they copying ? Unless Sarah Palin's ghost writer wants to take it up in court , but she isn't allowed to say anything anyway about the book she wrote , so that rules that out . It is like milli vanilli trying to accuse somebody of stealing they vocals .

You see.

They're everywhere.

No facts, just slurs and noise.

I've been a target of these leftists and I know whereof I speak.

They are bold now, but they can be defeated at the ballot box.

A tree Is known By its fruit.

[edit on 2009/10/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This just proves that the traditional Christian values of America are being assaulted on every front by the Marxist underbelly of what was, until a year ago, the only decent country on the planet.

It's a typical communist move to try and deceive the American public into buying their manifestos by deliberately misspelling words. Freedom loving Americans shouldn't have to be literate before buying books; if they were, then what would be the point of buying books?

Is there no depth of indecency the left won't sink to?

[edit on 22/10/09 by Fuggle]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The main reason I like Sarah Palin is that it seems she hasn't been corrupted as most politicians of her caliber have. She seems like a normal person, not an empty suit marionette.

-E-

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Shoot man, if you ignore who's doing it, I'd say quite a few politicians should be destroyed politically.

You assume the intent, unless you know something I don't. If that's the case I'd be interested to hear it.

I know quite a bit that you do not and I've shared much of it on this site.

I've beaten my fingers bloody already.

You too will learn, I'm confident.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Its just a gut feeling I got when I saw her speak the first time.

I just feel I can trust her.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

That's terrible what they did to Juan Wiliams. If a republican told him to "go back to the porch" he would have been destroyed by the media.

-E-

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuggle
Freedom loving Americans shouldn't have to be literate before buying books; if they were, then what would be the point of buying books?

Another typical leftist slur.

The book is designed to confuse. Most will not be deceived, but there are those who will be looking for Palin's book and might pick up the wrong one.

Trademark holders are well aware of that sometimes people don't look as closely as they should at things and aggressively protect their marks.

In this case, there will be little effect, I believe, except to expose the unscrupulous, mean-spirited character of the left.

Things must be really boring down under.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Its just a gut feeling I got when I saw her speak the first time.

I just feel I can trust her.

That is why the neolibs attack her.
Sarah has that likability attribute.
George W. Bush has the same thing. It helped him get elected twice!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This close looking book will not sell.
Nice try. We can read.

Go Sarah! We love you!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think this definitely proves that the left definitely can't stand on their own merits, but I don't think it breaks any laws. Wonder what the left would say if the right made a lookalike book to one of Obama's about his Constitutional illegitimacy and Marxist ties?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join