It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin haters try to trick readers into buying their book

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Assuming that the inside of the book is different, it's not copyright infringement. You can't copyright the title of a book, for reasons that have thus far eluded my feeble understanding (IANAL, so I might even be wrong about the titles). But I'm right.

While the author/publisher of the imitation books may be using questionable tactics, I seriously doubt that responsible bookstores would sell the fake along with the real one. That would just annoy people, I think, and not boost sales that much.

I actually think it's kind of funny in a sick way, but it's just a novelty item like a pet rock.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I can't see what all the hate is about.
I had a friend over this weekend, who is a staunch dem, and he said" Sarah palin is stupid."
this is usually the gist of any argument with people who don't like this woman.
so if she is so dumb and so scary...why was she:

One of the highest state approval in the US (in 2007-2008 her approval rating in Alaska was 89-93%)

America 's first line of missile interceptor defense that protects the entire United States.

Commander in Chief of the 49th Missile Defense Battalion of Alaska National Guard.

Routinely briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counter terrorism.

A Higher securtiy rating than either Biden or Obama.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ohh yeah....just in case for those intrested....Im not going to read the book. I read the Harry Potter series....I don't plan on reading any more story books for at least 10 years.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If the left really believed Sarah Palin was dumb and an idiot and a joke on the Republican party wouldn't they be all for her gaining popularity? Wouldn't they be all far her running in the election? That's a win - win for them! I'm all for Joe Biden as a Democrat, the guy is a walking bumbling joke who gaffes all day long.

But the fact that they all out target her, her family, and anyone who supports her tells me exactly what I need to know.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Remember when Biden told the guy in the wheelchair to stand up... Priceless!

-E-

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
If the left really believed Sarah Palin was dumb and an idiot and a joke on the Republican party wouldn't they be all for her gaining popularity? Wouldn't they be all far her running in the election? That's a win - win for them! I'm all for Joe Biden as a Democrat, the guy is a walking bumbling joke who gaffes all day long.

But the fact that they all out target her, her family, and anyone who supports her tells me exactly what I need to know.

It all pales into irrelevancy , her being the toxic asset that she is , she would not make an iota's worth of difference to a party such as the republicans who are so far immersed in the realms of marginalized irrelevance that her having any part of it is nothing more than a minor blip on a much larger splat of this republicans party free fall impact on the nadir of pertinence. So , I doubt that they would care either way . It is what it is , she is a fun figure to make merriment of . There is nothing more to be read into it .

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I could just imagine the outrage from the left if someone published a book titled "Dreams from my Step-Father" and it looked similar to Barack Obamas', but because Palin is a republican, NBC, CNN and the rest will give approving nods of the 'parody book'.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It does. For someone who is as irrelevant as they say, its interesting that her opponents spend SO much time whining about her. It seems to me that they're afraid of her and her popularity.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I honestly feel sorry for the people who can't tell the difference between 'rouge' and 'rogue' and who will end up buying the wrong book by mistake.

But then again, if people aren't even taking the time to read the title and just pick up the book because it has her picture on the cover... what does that say about Palin's target audience?

Right on the money. I think all the fire and brimstone in the OP and its supporters in this thread mainly comes from that observation...

She's gone "rouge" for sure

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Its just a gut feeling I got when I saw her speak the first time.

I just feel I can trust her.

That is why the neolibs attack her.
Sarah has that likability attribute.
George W. Bush has the same thing. It helped him get elected twice!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This close looking book will not sell.
Nice try. We can read.

Go Sarah! We love you!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Put her in any major political race and she'd be destroyed.

That's not true. She was elected governor of her state wasn't she? I'd call that a major political race.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

You think its an effort to simulate the cover of her book?

C'mon now, you don't think they intentionally are trying to mimic the original cover?

Lets define angst here:

a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity

www.merriam-webster.com...

-For somebody who helped sink the McCain campaign in 2008,
-Made political suicide by resigning roughly halfway through her governors administration
-Who made a total fool of herself during afew interviews, including one that asked her about her knowledge over the Bush doctrine,

and more... I really dont understand where you conclusion of "angst" came from? But then again that could be just bluffing on side of her followers.

Thanks for the definition, I am well aware of it and it suits the people that continually bash Palin. Again if she is such a non threat, then why all the vitriol towards her, you can look that one up too.

McCain's campaign was doomed before Palin. Just follow the money trail, Obama outspent him by a stupid margin and stayed on his message.

What makes you think anybody is trying so hard? The woman is an easy target I admit. I dont think anybody needs to try hard on Palin.

I would think mimicking her book, releasing it on the same day is pretty much trying hard.

So you disagree that she's a lightweight? This supposedly "strong" woman with christian conservative values, who needs to have a supporters cover her day in and day out, who couldnt handle any political criticism towards her so much that she resigned.

See? still trying to bash and marginalize. But she's no threat, eh? You continually keep proving my point.

Do you honestly think shes a threat Pavil? This isnt a rhetorical question, Im asking honestly. Do you think shes any kind of a force come 2012? This isnt hollywood, its the real world need I remind you. Things can happen, but assuredly not to Palin any longer.

To contend that Palin doesn't have an audience and can raise money is living in Hollywood, to use your analogy. That alone makes her a force. I think the left still gets worked up about her, yet not any of the other Republican contenders, why is that? By the time the next election rolls around people might be clamoring that they should have voted a business man into the White House. I think Romney or someone like him is the more pressing challenge to Obama in the next election. But the left seems fixated on trashing Palin.

By your logic any political figure that leaves the political limelight is deemed still to be a threat if criticism continues. Thats a very broad assumption.

Then why all the fascination of the left over bashing Palin? I would contend that she hasn't left the political limelight, just the office. It's not like they are doing the same trashing of Huckabee, Romney, McCain, Jindal ect........

They (the Left) do seem to have a vendetta out against her. It's just an observation. They pick on her yet hardly touch anyone else. It's kinda weird that the Democrats would bash a successful women Governor. But hey, run your party however you want.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I think those bashing Palin are nothing but bullies. The fact that they are liberal aren't doing the Democrats any favors.

Why does a bully put other people down? Because they have no sense of self-worth. They need to put others down to make themselves feel like they actually are worth something, when in fact they aren't.

Let them bully her all they want. She's the one laughing at them all the way to the bank.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I think those bashing Palin are nothing but bullies. The fact that they are liberal aren't doing the Democrats any favors.

Please get off you high horse, buddy. Look at you avatar and it's clear who's bullying who.

Some of the criticisms of Palin were that she didn't know jack about global politics (she didn't) and that she lied about her news sources (she did). You are implying Obama is a Marxist (he's not) and Palin said Obama wants to institute "death panels" (he doesn't).

So are lying bullies here?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Aw. Poor Sarah. That is a dirty trick. But it's not like she doesn't deserve it.

Originally posted by buddhasystem
She's gone "rouge" for sure

Did you see the Moment of Zen On Jon Stewart where the newscaster read it wrong?

Moment of Zen

I wonder if that's where the author of this hit piece got the idea?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Please get off you high horse, buddy. Look at you avatar and it's clear who's bullying who.

Some of the criticisms of Palin were that she didn't know jack about global politics (she didn't) and that she lied about her news sources (she did). You are implying Obama is a Marxist (he's not) and Palin said Obama wants to institute "death panels" (he doesn't).

So are lying bullies here?

The bullies allies are usually the first to respond. What, were you offended by the realization that you have no sense of self worth?

No matter what you want to believe, Palin was elected governor of her state and has many notable accomplishments to her name. You can't take that away no matter how much you want to. You're just bitter.

Bullies are the ones who usually instigate the attacks and keep pummelling. And as for your knowledge of Marxism and the paralells of Obama's policies, I think it's safe to say you don't know what you're talking about.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

No matter what you want to believe, Palin was elected governor of her state and has many notable accomplishments to her name. You can't take that away no matter how much you want to.

I think I'm speaking plain fact when I note that she betrayed the trust the citizens of Alaska put in her, when she flaked out of her office. Whether this was a result of her feeling inadequate for the position, or somewhat understandable desire to score a quick buck with books and speeches, it doesn't change that simple fact.

You're just bitter.

I don't have any reason to be bitter because she has lost the election and she'll never win.

And as for your knowledge of Marxism and the paralells of Obama's policies, I think it's safe to say you don't know what you're talking about.

You don't know me (among other things). How many college-level classes have you had in Marxist philosophy and areas related to it?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The bullies allies are usually the first to respond. What, were you offended by the realization that you have no sense of self worth?

Wow...the logic has gone from ....anyone critical of Palin = threatened by her, to anyone critical of Palin = Bully? She must be great because Dems don't like her?

And finally the above rebuttal by Sos....If you respond to me ...you are a bully...a slight variation on the brillaint rebuttal "he who smelt it first dealt it!"

BTW - I am liberal and I say Palin is great!!...Please, oh please run her for POTUS in 2012, she is just what the GOP needs

Run Sara RUN!! LOL

[edit on 22-10-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Aw. Poor Sarah. That is a dirty trick. But it's not like she doesn't deserve it.

What "dirty trick" did she do to deserve it? Just curious. At least you can see it for a dirty trick.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
In the grown up world, saying bad things about a person you know nothing about is considered prejudice. And I believe there was something about that in the T&C to this site.

If she is truly as inconsequential of a person, then why bother to say anything at all?

Just saying...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join