It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged After Making Coffee Naked: UPDATED

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The blame rests squarely on our shoulders for letting the Politically Correct Radicals take over our country. We sat back and let this tiny minority of radicals nut jobs control us.

It is going to get worse. Much worse.

In the city I moved here from they were arresting kids on Halloween (on my mind today) for breaking pumpkins and charging them with Felonies. I had a screaming match with a Detective over that. These kids who pulled a normal childhood prank will now never be able to get into a good school because they acted like normal kids.

That was the last straw that made me escape to Alaska. Now these same nut jobs are pouring in to here. You can't get away from these mad control freaks any more. They are now pouring millions in out of State money into here to take over Alaska. A couple of the leading Dem's from California and New York are heavily involved in the take over. They can't stand to see anyone be free of their dictatorial powers. The equally disturbing Republicans are in on the whole thing I'm sure.

Like I said, it is our fault for allowing them to take everything over.

A Hollywood Producer drugs and rapes a child and they demand he be set free. Some poor guy gets up to get a cup of coffee and the local Gestapo destroys his life. The same people doing both control the entire Government now. God I wish I were twenty years older so I would not be around to see this. I loved this country so much. Where did it go? I don't recognize it any more.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It doesn't matter, there should be in no way a violation of the law when you are within the confines of your own home.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

I can see where it would be a safety hazard if he was making bacon... but really coffee???
why wasn't peeping tom charges filed against the complainant?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I can't help but wonder if the naked man was a hot naked woman instead. Hypothetically. Would the complainant who reported the incident still be complaining? If she would have? I'll bet the cops would have shown up anyways but with a box of Krispy-Kreme donuts and coffee to enjoy while they watch to try and get a peak.

Now...

...if it was a naked woman who looked like Nancy Pelosi? She wouldn't be charged with public indecency. I'll bet the cops would have shown up with an entire SWAT team to apprehend the woman and charge her with attempted murder.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
What was he stirring the coffee with?

He was making an extra foam latte.

LOL

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ben Franklyn was a 'Founder' of our country, (USA) one of the first newspaper publishers, and he regularily stood naked in an open window facing a busy street as a form of 'washing', called 'wind bathing'. He was not dishonored or abused for it.

Puritans had courting couples, often as young as 13, sleep together long before marriage, with a 'bundling board' between them, and their sexual explorations were endorsed as long as they didn't get pregnant.

There are long time stable cultures where everyone goes naked, and where children see their parents having sex almost every time they do it, and they have less insanity than our culture by far.

Just what horror is supposed to result in children seeing adult nudity before adulthood ? Certainly most children see nudity and even outright sexual images very young, yet the law seems to be making our own bodies into crimes.

Now we are being more and more sexually oppressed by law, and drowned in sex as a product enticement... sex as a sales gimmick... Is it no wonder that people are going crazy more and more? Certainly, the more repressed people are about sex, the better it works as a sales gimmick. And the response to oppression is to create rebellion, which is definitely happening. Extremes always creates the opposite result. Let that which is natural be natural, and the law should stay out of it unless it is actually, physically harming someone.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Worldmind

Nice post your right about the sexual desires. Sales exploit our repressed feelings, and thats why i never watch ads ever.

I do not think there will be a answer to this, unless we go one gender one day, but nice post.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
10 year old daughter.

Neighbor constantly naked with windows open.

Your whole family sees it.

It's okay. We're in America.

except that this is not the case. You're dramatizing it trying to criminalize him.

It was a matter of a peeping tom at 5:30 in the morning checking out some dude, then getting offended.

BIG difference.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If you are naked in your house for God's sake show some common decency and shut your blinds and curtains. That's all you have to do and everyone is happy.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
If you are naked in your house for God's sake show some common decency and shut your blinds and curtains. That's all you have to do and everyone is happy.

Why? Its your house. All your neighbors have to do is not look. Nobody FORCED this woman to go peeping in on the guy. She did it on her own volition.

Its that simple and then everyone is happy.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How absurd.

How low will we go before we realize that people are getting out of hand with throwing people at the foot of the law? Live and let live...anybody?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Funny, a peeping Tom charges a person inside their private residence?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Unleashed68

Maybe that should be a peeping Jane?

Second line because without it i'm in trouble.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
A bit of an update. The man was convicted!

Erick Williamson says he thought he was just having an early morning cup of coffee in the buff. He got more than coffee.

On Friday, he got a criminal conviction for indecent exposure. A Fairfax County mom says Williamson made eye contact with her and intentionally exposed himself while she was walking her 7-year-old son to school one morning back in October.

All witnesses testified that Williamson never stepped outside his home and made no gestures. However, a judge said since Williamson was seen by more than one person over the course of several hours, the judge considered the behavior "indecent".

"Most people have done it or do it on a daily basis. I think it's a common thing to be naked in your home," said Williamson.

The judge is not requiring Williamson to serve any jail time. He and his lawyer say they will appeal based on principle.

More at link

www.myfoxdc.com...

So now you can be arrested AND CONVICTED for being nude in your own home.

And yes, his lawyers are appealing. Here is the status of that appeal so far:

www.myfoxdc.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
I'm trying to figure out what the woman was doing walking around with her 7 year old son at 5:30 am, then i read the updated version and see that the time has now been changed with some new info added.

First article....

he walked into the kitchen to make coffee about 5:30 a.m. Monday.

www.myfoxdc.com...

Second article....

and he walked into the kitchen to make coffee about 8:30 a.m. Monday.

If they want the charges to stick they may want to get the time right.

Schools in the part of Virginia I lived started way before 8:30am. I usually had to be at my bus stop around 7am. So this still doesn't make sense.

[edit on 3/28/2010 by Jessicamsa]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This makes no since, given the information I have on this case there is no way a reasonable person could convict this guy. I use to have faith in our justice system, and in fellow Americans who I believed would stand up for our rights. Cases like this make me feel like I've been mistaken, I feel like America is doomed and am ready to sail my boat somewhere else.

My mood:

Utterly disgusted

[edit on 28-3-2010 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

I could say to you - keep yourself to yourself! If you are unable to walk by my house without feeling compelled to look inside, get professional help.

That is not an attack at you personally, but you get the idea.

Someone being naked in their own home is not the same as someone being naked on the street or in a park.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
He deserved to be convicted.

Any decent person, would close their curtains before walking around the house naked. He was seen by a 7 year old? It doesn't even sound like he tried to hide it at all. That is not decent behavior.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Any decent person, would close their curtains before walking around the house naked.

Could you define decent for us then? Last i checked, each person is entitled to their own set of morals, and some people even think that the human body is nothing to be ashamed of, or afraid of, or indecent in any way. But the one thing we all DO have in common is the basic sanctity of our homes.......used to, anyway.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

On a completely related note, what business did they have looking into his house?

Quite rude, if I do say

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join