It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged After Making Coffee Naked: UPDATED

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
its quite clear that being naked in any circumstance is disgusting and should never be allowed anywhere anytime! i myself was born completely clothed, as is the natural way! i even shower partially clothed an nakedness disgusts me! i also regularly report the women i look at showering for indecent exposure, as i should be allowed to look through peoples bathroom windows and not see nakedness. [/sarcasm]

the law in america has gone completely insane...... i worry for the people there

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

More political correctness gone absolutely bonkers! Who in their right mind would ring the police after accidently seeing someone naked in their own home!

I'm just glad this didn't happen in my country (UK) because I think if I hear one more story of this nature I'm going to explode!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
this is absolutely ridiculous.
no one has the right to dictate what people can and cant do in their own home. where does it end. next we wont be able to have a few drinks and watch the football with your mates in our own homes. this leaves me flabbergasted, why was the woman cutting through HIS garden and perving in through HIS window in the first place. should'nt she be charged with tresspassing.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Ok if the guy had been pressing it up against the window then i could understand it, but the poor fellow was getting a drink. I just don't understand the mentality of the person walking by but well i can take a guess or two.

1) They were genuinely offended to see a naked person and the fact that it was someone in their own home did not trump their inner outrage. This kind of person has something seriously, mentally wrong with them.

2) They thought they could report it and get some attention, this kindof person has something seriously, mentally wrong with them.

Either way whoever reported this needs to get a damn life and realise they are not the centre of the universe! I would also argue that they should be prosecuted for spying on the guy. I mean come on if any of us started peeking in windows at 5:30am we'd be in trouble.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think the point of this isn't that you can't walk around your own home naked, but that you need to ensure that you're not readily visible from the public way. The complaint appears to be that this guy *deliberately* displayed himself, or at least he should have known that he was likely to be putting on a show and should have drawn the curtains or something.

I don't think this incident is as unreasonable as some seem to feel; though I have to admit that the woman making a big deal about it was uncalled for.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

I guess this is one of thise stories where there may be more going on than what's initially being reported.

www.myfoxdc.com...

Quite possibly. The video from your link demonstrates how closely to the sidewalk the home is located.

As viewed from a European perspective, though, we appear to be unrepentant repressed prudes.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Initially it did seem rather "What the...?", but after reading the update to the story it tends to cast a whole different light on the matter.

Apparently the house is directly across the street from a school bus stop, and it is supposedly Not the first time the man has been reported or purported to have done such.

"We've heard there may have been other people who had a similar incident," said Mary Ann Jennings, a Fairfax County Police spokesperson.

Also, the woman who initially made the complaint turns out to be the wife of Fairfax County police officer.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
The accusing individual will have the IMPOSSIBLE task of proving that the man making the coffee was, in fact, naked. Word vs. word. Unless the naked coffee dude admitted it to police (if he admitted it, then he deserves whatever he gets for being stupid). Furthermore, if I were the coffee dude, I would file a cross complaint for the "peeping tom" invading his privacy.

So the man deserves it if he tells the truth? what kind of a D**k are you?
Your as ingraned in the system as any brainless buff.

Honest people shouldn't deserve a sanctioning.

edit: typo

[edit on 22-10-2009 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So what did they arrest him for? Reverse trespassing? Being himself?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I hate to say this but so what? I mean if my house was in that location and i wanted coffee at 5:30am then i may very well walk around naked to get it. Maybe that seems wrong to some but if i'm in my own home i don't see the problem. I would argue that the fixation society has on nakedness being bad is what is causing the harm.

No i'm not naturist in case anyone wondered.

It should be noted that the article you linked does not seem to say he's been exposing himself often, only that it is by a school bus lane and that police are requesting any other witnesses of other events, regardless of the time of day to come forward. It seems to me like the police are on a bit of a biased case, maybe because the woman is married to a police officer. That story coming from fox isn't helpful either.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Yep if you have your own place and no one else in house, you can do what you want if your home, walking around naked making coffee is your choice.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I wonder how the police and press would have handled this case had it been the other way around? A man looking at a naked woman in her house and telling the police...

I think perhaps the press would be reporting a peeping-tom and the police would be asking the naked woman if she wanted to press charges..

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well, on the upside, there must have been literally no other crimes occuring at the time when they recieved the call!

But yes, its completely insane.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

If it were 5:30 and he was just stumbling to the kitchen to make coffee, perhaps. But according to the complaint filed, that wouldn't seem to be the case here.

But at about 8:30 a.m. on Monday morning, a neighbor walking her son to school says he deliberately exposed himself-- not once, but twice. First, she says it happened as he was standing in the glass doorway in the kitchen, and then again at a front window.

I don't personally feel the indecent exposure charge is warranted, perhaps more a case of poor judgement, but there would seem a difference between shuffling around the kitchen in the buff making coffee and standing in front of your front window for all to see. (?)

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Hang on a second. Lets say he's making coffee at 8:30am, he pads into the kitchen not fully awake and the woman sees him. He then slopes over to the living room, still naked to turn on the tv and drink said coffee. Both times he is seen by a woman.

Now at this point it comes down to the witness. Is she easily offended? Was she worried because children were around and blew the entire thing out of proportion?

I would say yes, the witness is at fault.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think this entire thing stems from societies general view of nakedness. Here in the UK it isn't to bad, in some European countries it's a virtually unknown problem. Children seeing nakedness won't upset them, but if adults react to it badly then children associate it with bad things.

As an example, when i was 13 (i think) and my brother 18 we went on a Butlins holiday with our parents. One day when it was raining (ahh classic British holiday) my brother and i were playing cards.

My father walked out of the shower room, right in front of us, naked. Our reaction of course was horrified "omg dad cover up" etc. He responded with classic irish humour.

"Oh come on lads we all have one, it's only a problem if you stare".

People are far to upset about nakedness

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The only reason this is a big deal is because the woman that made the complaint is married to one of the cops.

If someone called in a complaint to 911 the dispatcher would probably have laughed, put the call out to patrol and maybe an hour later someone would have done a follow up and some paper work.

But in this case, wife goes home crying to husband how traumatized she is, husband is a cop, cop ego gets inflated, must protect wifes honor..so its now just an ego thing.

The county didn't expect it to blow national, now they are trying to cover their ass and not look stupid..they just aren't doing a good job of it lol.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I want to know what kind of person calls the cops for seeing somebody neud in their own home.

If anything the guy should have called the cops on the passerby for peeping.

I guess the law is like racism now? First one to call it wins.

Because this is a setup. They are spying on people all the time and probably know how nearly everyone sleeps and were picking on him because they now wish to tell you how to dress at home, along with every other aspect of your life. This is a legal precedent they wish to set (though it hardly matters, most of your judges ARE COMMITING TREASON with their decidisions too.) You're not slaves, after all! So if there is a judgment made against him, everyone without children should make a firm commitment to have that law stricken from the books, and walk around nude too, and all the ones with kids should support them in writing.

link   
The cops say that they charged him because they thought he wanted to be seen naked...

...but If you want to be seen naked, then there are better ways to do it other than standing at your own kitchen counter at 5:30 in the morning making coffee.

It's not like he was standing pressed up against his bay window nude during rush hour -- or as kids walked to school.

[edit on 10/22/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

link   
nice double standards ,

the woman broke the law , in return she the claims someone eles broke the law , twise....

these a saying in finland , dont let the pea/piss go to your head...

the woman is on a power trip.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join