It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon: 19 58 48.31 N 21 11 35.57 E

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It does look a bit odd... but the apparant straight lines seems to happen quite a lot on these sorts of photos. I could be wrong, but to me it seems like the apparant square/rectangle shapes are there because of the crappy resolution.

As for the 'why dont we get better quality photos of the moon' thing - why should we? The pictures have improved in quality alot over the years, but if nasa have no real need for more in-detail photos then why would they spend money, time & effort getting them?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This one from Google looks very 3D, Rittenhouse crater with weird 'growth' in the centre.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e3835a49300.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The lens is focused on the moon's surface(infinity)and not on something thats floating right in front of it(close up).Same reason why Hubble can't do clear and focused moon shots.So the black bits might be debris in front of the lens,but the clear shot of the"structure"is something else all together.It must be on the moon's surface.Just to"unwrap"the whole thing again.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here's a "glitch" in Google Earth:

Same "glitch" from another perspective:

Do you see any 3D in the image, or elevation?

This is one oil rig south of New Orleans

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silversurfer6161

Do you think this is on the surface.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bf317dff223.jpg[/atsimg]

Go here bbs.keyhole.com... and download dirty lunar imagery kmz

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mcmauro

Good point well put.
second line

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mcmauro

Very nice comparison !
i was more inclined on the rig stuff than the fort or base.
Make sense as there is a lot of mining outposts also.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just thought I would let everyone know that I have emailed the astro dept at cornell asking them what they think it is.Tried Nasa but they dont ask question about the Earth,Moon or Solar system any more.

Question:
Hello,I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this is,
19 58 48.31 N 21 11 35.57 E
its on the Moon,would send you a photo but cant

Oh, and interstingly its not there in the shots from the 60's.If you have a resent high res shot I would love to see it.
Thank you for your time,best wishes Jason

Background:
Very curious

Will keep you posted if I get a Reply

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Moreonethananyone

PLEASE DO! i was wondering last night where to start asking.

and thanks for who posted the oil rig "glitch" it seems like the same type of structure to me

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I notice that when I load up my Google Earth and switch back and forth between "Moon", "Earth" and "Mars", there seems to be an "overlay" effect.

Anybody know of the possibility of "objects" on Earth being transferred to the Moon view? I just don't know enough how the images are loaded.

I do notice that the placemarks that I designate on Earth are still loaded when I switch to moon view at the same coordinates.

[edit on 10/22/09 by StonyJ]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
there seems to be more of these. 21 4 43.46N 18 8 57.34E

I can't upload, but your right, after viewing the initial coordinates in the OP, I 'snooped around' the surrounding areas and found approx. 3-4 more of these 'things' so far.

I've also ran across items that are without a doubt large rock formations and compared them, not even close.

Whatever these things are their aritificial, that's all i can tell, can't tell how big they are in compare to say a 6'2" Human.

my search continues....

[edit on 10/22/09 by RecentlyAwaken]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

"Dear Moreonethananyone,

After a deep research within our database we reached the conclusion that the thing you can see on the picture is a weather baloon."

Oh wait no this one doesnt work on the moon xD

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Well that about wraps it up.

Good work, Soboro!

I wish people weren't always in such a hurry to declare outlandish claims, like moon bases or soul catchers.

[edit on 10/22/2009 by pjslug]

Are you kidding?! It's SOP for most of ATS members!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow great finds guys. What i want to know is why is the strip section of the moon the highest res were the OP found the first anomolie? The rest of the moon is really pixelated.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fedge

"Dear Moreonethananyone,

After a deep research within our database we reached the conclusion that the thing you can see on the picture is a weather baloon."

You're wrong! According to Hoagland or Lear, or both, the Moon has an atmosphere therefore a weather balloon could float! Of course, such a weather balloon could only report heat or cold.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I took a look at 19 58 48.31 N 21 11 35.57 E, and it seems like it could just be a rock. Measuring it out though, it's roughly 728 1/2 by 605 feet. (at the farthest edges) Pretty big for a rock, which mean it probably hit the moon. Which also means there should be an impact crater. There isn't one. It's also very interesting that I'd seen from earlier replies that this "anomaly" doesn't appear in the 60s photographs. Does that mean this object has appeared on the moon since the 60s photos were taken?
I don't know, I doubt even NASA knows either. Heck, NASA probably doesn't even care. To sum things up though, it's too hard to tell if this anomaly is anything at all, much less an inter-galactic spaceship.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapples
Looks like a man made base. As you can see the left corner is square and from what I can tell is very accurate in its angles. The distortion of the picture might affect this though.

It looks exactly like SNES map graphics. Illusion of Gaia is one example and so is ActRaiser.

www.mobygames.com...

media.strategywiki.org...

[edit on 22-10-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

you know...i had that same thought. it kinda looks like a cheap old school video game graphic...definetly from farther away...but on the zoom, it looses that feel to it.

could be because of distortion..could be bc of a million things...i'm hoping its a base. to me that just seems more cool.

and until i get an answer...that's what it will be

but for real...it looks man made to me.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by Fedge

"Dear Moreonethananyone,

You're wrong! According to Hoagland or Lear, or both, the Moon has an atmosphere therefore a weather balloon could float! Of course, such a weather balloon could only report heat or cold.

Wrong !

Hoagland doesnt say there is atmosphere he says there is glassdomes ! And there is no utility for a weather baloon in a dome right ? :p
For Lear i plead guilty. ^^

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
On another side i think using simple logical reasoning you can guess that if nasa hide stuff (i consider this a proof), there is stuff to hide and so some of it may be found !

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join