It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

Yes I do know about it but what does that have to do with whats being discussed right now.?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I would like to add that Germay sent troops to Kuwait dont ya know-)? Some fuss they kicked up. Well and the french well.... they diddnt want us to find those beautiful french Mirages or the lucrative oil contracts that had with Saddam...-)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Dermo

Alright if the US congress thing didn’t get you how about a fact that the UN security counsel also approved a measure allowing Force to be used to get rid of Saddam (not in those words) I mean the UN allowed so it has be legal now right?

And as far as the Ron Paul thing I am going to say he is 1) Lying 2) misinformed 3) had the context of his speech re edited.. Not even the Iraqi government says its that high or the
UN...

1) The UN council approved it based on lies. They were convinced that there were WMD's in Iraq when there clearly weren't. Its blatantly obvious NOW that it was about Petrodollar and the protection of the USD as the reserve in the region which basically secures the US empire and interests in the region while also destabilizing the Eurasian continent which keeps the US in the top dog position. Its an illegal war.

2) Re Ron Paul, if you want to say he's lying.. thats fine. I'd listen to him before i'd listen to any of your other politicians or spokespersons. He's the only one that seems to make sense or tell it as it is.

If we're not going to agree on this, there's probably no point in going on because Im not going to change my opinion on the Iraq war and it seems you aren't either so probably best off agreeing to disagree here because it will go on and on.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It is often said that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Hmm, you get first prize.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

These events aren't European Vs American matters, but just another part of the NWO Agenda and committed by the same bloodlines as today.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Ahhhh, the clarification helped thank-you. I see and understand your point now, please forgive my pre-emptive rudeness.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Seeing the discussion title I thought you were going to claim the EU was going to attack the US. Thanks for long, violent giggle fit which resulted.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

But I'm still confuzzled

Sure European colonialism was "wrong".

But we're judging colonialism in todays terms. Way back then land meant everything. You could farm it & feed your family on it, you could farm it and sell the produce, you could graze your cattle on it and sell their produce, you could exploit its minerals and sell them too.

Back then land was everything. The colonialists took the land off the native peoples and exploited both them and their land. They did it to make money for themselves & they did it with the consent of the colonial authorities also were the beneficiaries of this arrangement. And they also did it with the post colonial consent of the sweet little innocent administrations of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson etc, way into the mid 1800's when the civil war put a stop to the worst of it.

How is that more morally wrong than what we see on Wall Street every day of the week ?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Earlier, I wondered why this thread couldn't have actually started as a response in the 'ATS is too American' thread. After all, that's what this is all about as well as a couple of other recent threads.*

Then I remembered, posts and threads in 'Board Business and Questions' don't result in flags and stars. And we gotta have them there flags and stars.

*which don't really go anywhere near offsetting the anti-European or 'USA is #1 and the rest of y'all are looooooooseeers!' type posting that I've seen over the years.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm British

We are no better nor no worse than USA.

The simple fact is that we don't have the clout or power to make the big decisions that USA make and hence cannot be then criticised for making those decisions.

France, Britain, etc. all go about furrowing their own little nests stamping on the little people in their own way (UK - MP expense scandal, unelected people in Government )

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

You know I like Ron Paul to, and I think he was mislead on the death toll. In war people die its just a fact. But here something that isn’t widely known or reported on to much, we did find Saddams WMDs, Just not a whole bunch of them that the Intel Said was there. We found them on a truck roughly 50 shells at the Syrian Border.

A little Army Lesson in 2003 the 4th ID task force Iron Horse was supposed to invade Iraq through Turkey. Bringing with them, 50,000 Turkish soldiers to secure northern Iraq while elements of the 4th id and Turks were suppose to secure the large Iraqi/Syrian Border. On the ground reports from SF and CIA were reporting that large trucks full of Papers and weapons and money were being smuggle out of Iraq VIA Syria.... Well it didn’t happen that way the 4th ID had to be rerouted through the SUEZ canal and Kuwait, the 101st and SF attempted to secure that border but it is long and they were to few.

Not as for the "faulty Intel" the UN received it was giving to them By the CIA, MOSSAD, the Russians, MI6, and the UN spy’s. Also as party of the know Saddam big weapons thing he fired Scuds into Kuwait. The weapons inspectors never found them... He wasn’t suppose to have them according to the treaty... but he did have them and he did use them

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
I diddnt do anything. As well as 300 Million Americans who were not alove at that time period.

As far as i know none of the 700+ million europeans of today were alive back then either. So you don't feel responsible for something your ancestors may or may have not done but you want europeans to feel responsible?

What a constructive, well researched thread! Now we can all point fingers at each other across the ocean and yell "ha ha, you're worse than we are!". Meanwhile, our allied troops are fighting side by side in the Middle East in meaningless wars and our economies are in a profound coma, but why focus on current stuff, when we can talk about what Europe did 400 years ago.

It's Europe's fault.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Did i say it wasnt or that wall street was right?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Templar we still love you though.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Can i just point out that you Europeans have it pretty easy, us Canadians get treated like Americas retarted nephew when really we are that quiet smart kid who keeps to himself in his room, and while he is in his room he has the freedom to say and do whatever he likes (excluding the obvious exceptions, murder for example) It is only when we leave our room (Canada for anyone whos missing the word play) and head downstairs (America) that we get teased and told to shut up.
You Euro's have to go on vacation to be made to feel less important, ive got literally a 20 minute drive.
Its like when your dealing with a crack addict, you can tell them a million times they have an addiction but until they admit it to themselves nothing will change. America rules the world with the greatest of intentions, and no matter how much the rest of the globe tries to explain to them thats not the case, it will only make a difference once the majority of the people in America change their views.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
hey Poe,

if you wanna go back in time hundreds of years and set up a discussion forum about European evil be my guest, I'll come back and agree with you. The fact that we did wrong in the past is no excuse for any nation to do wrong now. If we cannot learn from past mistakes we don't deserve this planet. I also think you need to do some more history research and learn to differentiate between us Europeans, yeh I know "We all look the same don't we?"

I don't think most Europeans had much of a problem with the US until the 'Chicago School' performed a coup de dat and took over your country. Since then though it's all been downhill. We were blind to your indiscretions until then.

Unfortunately since at least the time of the Kuomintag the US government has had a policy of supporting dictatorships covertly and overtly, while betraying freedom and doing everything it can to demolish it and true democracy whenever it staggers to its feet out of despotism. I don't blame US citizens for this, I blame the corporatist regime that hides under the banner of capitalism, and they're not exclusively US either. The same power structures have been in control for thousands of years.

I find it astonishing that on a site that claims to deny ignorance, one where I would imagine everyone considers themselves to be awake, that there are still so many hypnotised and mind controlled numpties. You are reacting in just the manner that your masters want you to. For the sake of all our children please stop fuelling the false 'you against us' paradigm. The power elite have no loyalty to any nation, they look down upon patriotism with disgust and laugh at us for our bickering. They believe that 'do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law' and we better (snip) well wake up to it pretty sharpish.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by sharps] typos, typos...

[edit on 20-10-2009 by sharps]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually, "Texas" isn't a Spanish name, it's Indian.

The word texas (tejas, tayshas, texias, thecas?, techan, teysas, techas?) had wide usage among the Indians of East Texas even before the coming of the Spanish, whose various transcriptions and interpretations gave rise to many theories about the meaning. The usual meaning was "friends," although the Hasinais applied the word to many groups-including Caddoan-to mean "allies."

TSHA Online

Not that it really matters either way though.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
You Euro's have to go on vacation to be made to feel less important, ive got literally a 20 minute drive.

That's not quite true, in my home city I've been given the spiel by American tourists as to how everything is 'bigger and better' back home.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Canada is important though, and a very close American Ally, your soliders are fighting in Afgan just as our are... You guys are not retarded-)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
*which don't really go anywhere near offsetting the anti-European or 'USA is #1 and the rest of y'all are looooooooseeers!' type posting that I've seen over the years.

Interesting perspective.

As an American I see the US being put under the microscope and judged all day everyday by the world. We get our actions thrown in our faces all the time here on ATS. When somebody simply points out what others have done now all of a sudden somebody starts saying we are claiming the following?????

[USA is #1] ?

And of course they throw this crap in there.

[Y'all]

Talk about generalizations

Sad really.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join