It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name the last war fought for YOUR freedoms!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock87

I didn't mean to come across as pointed with my first post, but it's true.. no one can fight for your freedom but you. Liberty is a political ideology.. something that can indeed be taken away. Freedom, however cannot. You can choose not to exercise your freedom, but you can't give it away and it can't be taken.

I say again, no war has ever been fought for anyone's freedom.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

OH! I get it!

You're one of those who would rather wait until the barbarians are pounding on the gate.

You want to wait on your enemies, and afford them the timing as well as the method of your destruction.

Nearsighted folks do the same thing.

They can't see beyond the immediate field.

Fortunately, the country has rangers and far-archers who roam distant passes, meeting the enemy THERE, instead of waiting for them to get HERE.

Good for you. Don't look, and it's not there.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Sigh. Please do read my post on bottom of the last page, and actually respond to my comments. Debate, or 'debunk' my talking points PLEASE!

In short response to you however, all "we" do out in the world is take the freedom of others ("barbarians" you call them) and create enemies that then want to come and get 'us'. Barbarians is what the Roman Empire oligarchs used to call those not subject to the rule of the empire. And slaughtered they were, barbarically! So please stop sounding foolish and respond to the lengthy post on the last page like I begged...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Wake up call!

They already "visited" us.

Been in a coma?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

In short response to you however, all "we" do out in the world is take the freedom of others ("barbarians" you call them) and create enemies that then want to come and get 'us'. Barbarians is what the Roman Empire oligarchs used to call those not subject to the rule of the empire. And slaughtered they were, barbarically! So please stop sounding foolish and respond to the lengthy post on the last page like I begged...

Pardon my bluntness, but these are lies and distortions.

America is about freedom. We have liberated Europe twice in one century. Look at Japan. Is that a nation of slaves?

America is not perfect, but our track record is better than any nation ever to exist on this planet.

As for the term barbarian, it comes from the Greek and was a mimicking of the sound of the languages of tribal nation as the ancient Greeks heard them--"bar-bar-bar."

The word "barbarian" comes into English from Medieval Latin barbarinus, from Latin barbaria, from Latin barbarus, from the ancient Greek word βάρβαρος (bárbaros). The word is onomatopoeic, the bar-bar representing the impression of random hubbub produced by hearing a spoken language that one cannot understand, similar to blah blah, babble or rhubarb in modern English. Related imitative forms are found in other Indo-European languages, such as Sanskrit barbara-, "stammering" or "curly-haired."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Here's my repsonse to Grady I wanted you to read that answers eveything you could be talking about:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There should be plenty in there you wont agree with and can attempt to debunk.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Pardon my bluntness, but these are lies and distortions.

America is about freedom. We have liberated Europe twice in one century. Look at Japan. Is that a nation of slaves?

Wow! I typed out a huge response to your first that smashes your new words here, in advance, and instead of respond to that, you respond to my response to someone else whom I actually refered to read my response to you!

Ok, so now that you've dodged my master response to you we'll continue on this redherring material?

Actually, it IS a nation of slaves just like we here in the US ARE slaves. So we and they as slaves have it better than many other of the worlds slaves. If it werent for a lifetimes worth of indoctrinating propaganda there'd be little doubt to our servitude. And yes, Japan is part os the American Empire.

America is not perfect, but our track record is better than any nation ever to exist on this planet.

Correction, better than any hegemonic empire on the planet.

As for the term barbarian, it comes from the Greek and was a mimicking of the sound of the languages of tribal nation as the ancient Greeks heard them--"bar-bar-bar."

So the Romans didnt use the word? How about a varient of it? Total red herring material.

Now tha tI responded to your red herring response I think I'm due a response to my first response to you:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-10-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The NZDF is involved in various Peacekeeping operations around the world looking after New Zealand interests .
Admittedly Geopolitics is involved but when hasn't this been the case ?
Anybody with half a brain can work out that letting instability run lose in the Pacific and letting the Afghan effort fail is fool hardy to say the least .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Last fighters for freedom: Spartacus, Jesus of Nazereth (Love and Self), Rob Roy, those that died for the Magna-Carta, and those that died for the Constitution. The rest of war seems to be over inflated egos or for monitory gain for the few and elite.

I am free because I AM a Natural Human of the Earth and do not subscribe to the Corporation known as the United States of America that makes most of us unnatural humans by corporatizing us.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by AnotherSon]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

We lost all of our wars to secure our freedoms. But hte last big one was the Lakota wars, the Battle of Little Bighorn. Chief Joseph's stand against the Americans was also a good one that you don't hear a whole lot about. I sometimes wonder how much different the world would be had my people sided with Tecumseh, or even with the Creeks a few years later.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Let's see if I have your drift.

We're slaves.

Japan is part of the American Empire.

I don't mind extrapolations, such as a sequence 2, 4, 6, and we all can be reasonable certain that "8" will be next.

But to state that we're all slaves and Japan is part of the American Empire is based on . . . what?

How do you get to such statements?

Oh. One more little thing. War is a group effort. War is not a personal thing.

Even then, in any war since time began, you don't fight for your God, your country, or ideals.

You fight for each other, and until very, very recently, booty. (both kinds)

<< 1  2   >>

join