It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name the last war fought for YOUR freedoms!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Not to put to fine a point on it, but women and minorities are still dying to this day for rights. Using the u.s. as an example we can say that most of the women who started the suffrage movement did not live to see it fulfilled and fought their entire life. They dedicated their lives to what they believed. Is this not what your talking about? Perhaps I've misunderstood.

I consider all three of my listings to be intertwined. No one is truly free till all are free. It is these fighters I salute whether they carry a weapon, or they carry an idea. It is because these people stood up, and continue to stand up that I have even the limited amount of rights that I have now.

This is an ongoing battle, and it has been going on for some time. These are just battles in the history of it that I mention.

and... emily wilding davison...though self inflcited

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Totally agreed, no one can be free until we are all freed. Any Race, Creed, Color or Gender, we must all realize that the person next to us is just as important as you or I. It's useful to realize that we are all divine and special, and that love of your fellow human, no matter how much they hate you, will set you free and guide them to the next level.

Always say Namaste: I Bow to the divinity in your soul.

Edit:

emily wilding davison

Didn't she throw herself in front of a horse?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Shamrock87]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Yeah it's funny how people in the States so loosely use the term 'American', not realizing Central America and South America include themselves in that term.

As for the last war I feel was legitimate to my freedom.. I have not taken Ancient History in school yet.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock87

Yes emily threw herself in front of the horse of king george the fifth. It was the first example I could think of of the top of my head for someone who died concerning the suffrage movement.

She is buried with a headstone that says "deeds not words"

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have been fighting a war for my freedoms my entire life.

For some reason I got manifest onto slave planet Earth and let me tell you it is a CONSTANT fight to be free around here.

Corrupt, manipulative, despotic governments that pander lies and deceits ring the planet. Equally corrupt religions devoid of anything spiritual work with the corrupt governments in tandem, and a 24 hour a day propaganda drive to plant lies and confuse people never lets up.

Fighting this war has been my whole life's work!

The good news is I think I have the entire planet on the verge of capitulating!

Though in all honesty it's still a bit touch and go!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
No war has ever been fought for our freedom. Liberty was fought for during the Revolutionary War, not freedom. Freedom is an individual struggle, and it can only be waged within ourselves.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broox
No war has ever been fought for our freedom. Liberty was fought for during the Revolutionary War, not freedom. Freedom is an individual struggle, and it can only be waged within ourselves.

That's an interesting stance on it, actually. Liberty and Freedom do go hand in and, and quite honestly you can't have one without the other.

It's like Liberty is the peanut butter and Freedom is the chocolate: the peanut butter gives it delicious substance, but the chocolate makes it oh so sweet.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
All wars fought by American soldiers are for the protection of our nation, either directly or indirectly. We preserve peace through strength.

Our country helps other countries, just like you help a downs syndrome person to do the special olympics, or a crippled person across a street.
Many countries are not educated or advanced enough to preserve peace. They are run over by violence. We assist them in obtaining and maintaining peace. We do this because we care about our fellow man.

We build schools, hospitals, and infrastructure to get them on their feet. We try to leave them in better condition than when we found them run over by their enemies.

Sorry you don't share this point of view, but the American Fighting Man or Woman are saving the planet from the ravages of long-term conflict and oppression.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
the "war on terrorism"

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
All wars fought by American soldiers are for the protection of our nation, either directly or indirectly. We preserve peace through strength.

Our country helps other countries, just like you help a downs syndrome person to do the special olympics, or a crippled person across a street.
[edit on 20-10-2009 by Jim Scott]

I'm sorry, I have to stop you right there and observe that statement and point out why it's derogatory/wrong.

"All wars fought by American soldiers are for the protection of our nation, either directly or indirectly."

Wars like the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam, The Spanish-American War (perfect example) are nothing more that displays of strength and bullying. Imagine the world as a playground. When we were really young we used to get along with all the other kids and play nice. But as we started getting older we started hanging out with a bad group of people. Being an English speaking peoples we naturally allied with Britain and European nations. Until very recently they still had colonies all over the world (don't know if they still do or not), and they led by example. As we grew older it became our mindset that we must display our strength to maintain peace with the world. (Looks up at Canada) No one messes with them and they don't start preemptive wars of aggression. So now here we are, in the third grade trying to rule the play ground. But what happens when someone gets pissed off at the bully? Someone stands up and says "No More."

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that any aggression against us is morally justified, but it is a consequence. I'm just saying, being in an empirically minded country will lead to our downfall, it happened to Rome, it will happen to us.

Invasion, occupation, control, this is empire and empire is not freedom. And I put it to you that we are not free unless our brothers and sisters are free, and that includes free from our IRON FIST OF PEACE.

On to the second part.

Please, for the love of humanity, do not insult another country by comparing them to a Dow Syndrome case or an old "cripple". That is a very derogatory statement which insults the intelligence of other human beings. Albeit, Middle Eastern politics are irrational, but fighting with an irrational person will only fuel their paranoia and distrust. The only way to work with someone like that is to present ourselves to them as their friend.

But this is not to say that we should not defend ourselves when under attack.

I'm Just using this next part as an example Please do not take this the wrong way!

If we were truly attacked by Al Qaeda, no invasion of a country should have ensued. One of two things should have happened, we should have entered into peaceful negotiations with the countries that supposedly harbored them, or at worst, used black ops. But never should innocent people die in the sake of REVENGE.

This is my stance. I believe in peace and I believe in the good in people's hearts. Pain and suffering must be avoided at all costs.

Edit: Spelling.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Being British i have to say WW2...

Hitler was bombing the crap out of us and getting ready for an invasion.

I honestly believe that the pilots of the RAF saved us from Nazi occupation.

God Bless them

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.raf.mod.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It might be hard for some to look at the larger picture, but the fact is that most of the wars we've fought have been for our freedom. One might exclude the banana wars, but even those were to protect our interests abroad.

The world is interconnected and when freedom is denied anywhere it is a problem for all of us, more or less. Deciding on what is more and what is less becomes complicated sometimes and prudence must always prevail, as it pays to choose one's battles carefully.

Anytime there are those who seek global domination our freedom is at risk.

During the Cold War, the risk was communist expansion and this was a global threat. There were communist insurgencies throughout the world including South America, Africa, and East Asia.

Therefore, the wars in Korea and Vietnam were fought for our freedom, because if allowed to expand Communism would have taken the world by force and the effect would have been devastating. As it is, the Communists murdered some 100 million innocent people during the twentieth century.

Even today, Marxist driven ideologies are a threat to our freedom, as we now have Marxists in Korea, South America, the Caribbean, and the White House doing their best to overtake and quash our American ideals.

Today, we have wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been entered into in order to engage those who foster global terrorism, which as some might have forgotten, led to two bombings of the World Trade Center, one of which destroyed them completely.

In the most recent attack, the terrorists also attacked the Pentagon. One of the hijacked planes on the day of the most recent attacks was probably destined for the Capitol building.

So, in that one day, terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center, tried to destroy the Pentagon, and would have attacked the Capitol, if it were not for a few brave souls on the third aircraft. Those three targets represented our economy, our military and our government. In all, over three thousand Americans were killed in these attacks. The intent is pretty hard to ignore.

Threats need not reach our shores in order to be serious threats. It is always in our best interest to try to foil threats before they reach our shores.

For those who cannot or refuse to look at the larger picture, long term goals are hard to understand.

For some ignorance is bliss.

[edit on 2009/10/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We have never fought for freedom
The only war that was close was the civil war

The revolutionary war was not fought for freedom
We are not free, We are not slaves per say...............
Alright we are slaves

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The revolutionary war and the war of 1812.. Blasted red coats....

You Brits need to be told no twice I guess.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Nice thread, too right, nazi or the west winning, both eventually will turn into the same thing, but different people running it. I think we where totally misdirected in ww2, and the ptb played us(i mean the world), so then they could do all there stuff in secret. I am not talking about jewish things here, i think satanists run this world and they made the nazis out to be them and pretended to be fighting that while the world is run by such folks.

But i doubt anyone can really name a war about our freedoms. Liberties what the wars may be fought over, but liberty means something different than freedoms.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Iraq.

Yeah it's not politically correct to say but in all honesty, if Bush hadn't taken the war to Islamofacists and made them realize that America was not going to roll over and take it, we would have seen 9-11 over and over and over again. We defended freedom there and should never hesitate to do so again.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Me personally? I'm not sure. Certainly not in the 20th century. There were wars fought for the freedom of other peoples in that century. World War II comes to mind; the freedoms of many Europeans were saved. Some wars of independence gained freedoms for people, but really, most wars aren't about saving anybody's freedom; they're about power grabs, or money, or something along those lines.

As a Canadian, I don't think I can even name one war fought for my personal freedom. The last time a war was fought on Canadian land was I think the War of 1812, and before that was the Seven Years War. Therefore, any war Canada has been in since then was either fought for somebody else's freedoms, or else for the wrong reasons.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Being British i have to say WW2...
I honestly believe that the pilots of the RAF saved us from Nazi occupation.

Right on. I've seen a good documentary on that element of the war. Outnumbered and fought them off. And I seen another good one on the secret radar system with all human operators. Amazing what people could do back then before the days of calculators.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
One might exclude the banana wars, but even those were to protect our interests abroad.

Who's interests? WHO is OUR? By our do you mean US as a nation, like its in YOUR interest for a US owned corporation fascistly tied into the federal government to turn a central American state into a slave nation? Your first paragraph goes right to the source of what this thread is all about: this notion that if US corporations go somewhere and dominates a people that its US, like you and me. Tribalism at its worst.

Tribalism of this sort is at least somewhat understandable when its our military, although as this thread is chronicling, in practice tribalism with military affairs is absurd as well. Look at most wars ever fought, and apply the military tribalist mentality to it... think back to all of those colonialist nations, say France, yeah WE dominated those Vietnamese for decades. I doubt too many French would be proud of that... the thing is hardly any living French citizens ACTUALLY went over there and literally dominated them. Instead some people from their nation did, on the orders of their government. Therefore, few French actually did that, although any French that did support colonialist policies could technically count them selves in their whole "We" or "our" nonsense.

But your Banana Wars reference is interesting when we take your following sentence:

The world is interconnected and when freedom is denied anywhere it is a problem for all of us, more or less.

Right, so when we take freedom away from an entire nation, so that United Fruit can get us banana's at a few nickels cheaper, then its now a problem for us all. At this point, its safe to say that everyone who bought United Fruit bananas back in the 50's has the blood of the hundreds of thousands murdered, disappeared, tortued and imprisoned on their hands. I know I wasnt around back then.

Anytime there are those who seek global domination our freedom is at risk.

Right, and that would be the "US". Us! Global domination was the underlying element behind virtually every war and skirmish that video exists from each era, and going back even further.

I did a thread on this very subject a while back:
America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++

Therefore, the wars in Korea and Vietnam were fought for our freedom, because if allowed to expand Communism would have taken the world by force and the effect would have been devastating.

After the Vietnam War Communism DID prevail there. After "WE" left, was it devastating? Did the dominos drop? How about the part where after WW2 Mein pleaded to the US to help get the French imperialists out of their nation so they could be FREE. He cited Thomas Jefferson as his hero. He was turned down, the French remain as the local tyrants. In their desperation to be FREE, they turned to the Commies for help. They had no choice because WE were already helping the French enslve them, and some sources say "we" were already in their with military forces before even that had happened.

I will say that the war in Nam was about communism, but it wasnt about communism in Vietnam. Take a look at a map. Who's next door to Nam? CHINA. Now look at where Korea is located. It was about putting imperial beacheads all around China's borders. Imagien if they had done that over here... you mentioning Guatemala above is interesting again: the fabricated propaganda to justify what "we" did down there claimed that the USSR was attempting to build such a beachhead. The odd thing is "we" had NUMEROUS REAL beacheads all around the USSR & China. Soviets finally actually did get one over here: Cuba. What a melodrama that turned into. "We" already had the equivilent of many Cuba's by that time.

As it is, the Communists murdered some 100 million innocent people during the twentieth century.

And many of them were their own peoples in their empires via bad rationing type policies. When you dice out those deaths, and look to how many died in their imperial conquests, the numbers murdered are probably about the same as my link above describes.

Even today, Marxist driven ideologies are a threat to our freedom, as we now have Marxists in Korea, South America, the Caribbean, and the White House doing their best to overtake and quash our American ideals.

If a war for freedom is to be waged it will be in our 'homeland', just the same as if a war against communism is to be fought it'd have to start in London, New York and DC.

Today, we have wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been entered into in order to engage those who foster global terrorism, which as some might have forgotten, led to two bombings of the World Trade Center, one of which destroyed them completely.

Wars for conquest. Simple as that. This little segment from a video I did awhile ago destroys the myth of the "war on terror":

And parts 2&3:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

In the most recent attack, the terrorists also attacked the Pentagon. One of the hijacked planes on the day of the most recent attacks was probably destined for the Capitol building.

Those three targets represented our economy, our military and our government. ... The intent is pretty hard to ignore.

Right. The targets that represented "our" empire. Following the findings of the 9/11 Commission, they attacked "US" because "our" military empire is in their backyard. We have bases in most of those nations to keep the monarch dictatorships in power. "We" are instrumental in their slavery.

For those who cannot or refuse to look at the larger picture, long term goals are hard to understand.

Right. Global domination technological totalitarianism NWO.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Me as a black guy? The last war that America fought for my freedom was...um...none. They weren't fighting for my freedom during the American Revolution or hell even the Civil War. The main reason may have been slavery (which it was, the south wanted all those new states to have slavery for the labor) but the south was mostly pissed cuz there main means of income was threatened by Lincoln, so it comes down to paper.

Answer you question...none.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join