It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Too American!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Hey, what about Canadians:

All-hosers Top Secret.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Getting rid of the American evangelicals and right wing extremists on here would be a great start, but I can't see that happening.. Those two profiles are ultra "American" and basically resent having to share this planet with anyone else..

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Hey, what about Canadians:
All-hosers Top Secret.

Only if ATS makes Red Green a super mod !!!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

How do you know they didn't... 'trep isn't the only canadien mod, after all.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Getting rid of the American evangelicals and right wing extremists on here would be a great start, but I can't see that happening.. Those two profiles are ultra "American" and basically resent having to share this planet with anyone else..

Yet, in a thread which you started, you say that Internet forums should be unmoderated, to allow the reader to choose what to read and what to ignore.

You want the freedom to decide what to view, yet you want the site to get rid o what YOU don't want to be here.

A bit of hypocrisy eh?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Too American? Not at all... We have members from all over the world. The content is member added so if you or anyone else wants to see content having to do with topics from other parts of the world....Well, post it! Nothing is stopping you, as long as you obide by the T&C you can post topics from anywhere in the world.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Best way to approach this issue is to spread the good gospel of conspiracy all over England.

Good luck, and God speed

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The fact that ATS is more American just means that Americans are tuning into the real issues more than people from other countries....I take it as a compliment to my fellow Americans no matter how far right or left or other. All ideas have a place here.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by acmpnsfal]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Is it just me or is ATS most of the time only interested in American things, such as UFO/ET disclosure in America, although most countries admit aliens exist it only matter if America does it, global meltdown is only for Americans, NWO is just for americans despite its a New WORLD Order.

Yeh we get the slight thing from the UK or Europe (rarely) but in the mean time everythings going down in the good ole U.S of A.
Yes i know the majority of ATS'ers are American but it think it will be a welcome change to mention more countries, for example what are the NWO doing in other countries, where are these other so called "extermination camps" and coffins etc etc

We have the internet and google wants more to search that just "American politics"

Or

"obama is a kenyan"

IF you get my drift, there are probaly 100's of UFO sightings and other interesting stories but we have missed them because we just look at the big countries.

End Rant

yes i would say its about 2 out of three posters are yanks.

they wouldnt like it either if they had to read 2 out of every three posts that were made by people with their heads shoved up their own @rses.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

they wouldnt like it either if they had to read 2 out of every three posts that were made by people with their heads shoved up their own @rses.

My, what manners.

Care to start a thread that isn't American. I would be more than glad to see what other people have to say about their country or region.

Life is all about learning.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I try not to be anti-american, i really do, but it is becoming more and more of a chore with some of the attitudes around here. Now without using too broad of a brush, there are some great minds here that are my neighbors to the south. But there is also a lot of blind patriotism that I think is leading to the so called "anti american" movement on ATS. And thats what my previous post which got 86'd was tryign to say, guess I should have used a little more tact.

For example, I am a Canadian, but my job is the adminstration of a certain american "light bulb" company, which has "universal" power in the states
. So I see both sides of the healthcare coin and seeing your guys system and what you pay and how you look after your sick, it blows my mind how you still think you have the best health care system on earth, there is no arguing with ppl who have that logic

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just for the record, i find Canadian woman seriously hot, although they are hot tempered too, that being said, thank god i am the only one with access to this forum, cough , cough.

In all honesty, i have seen a wide diversity of English , American, several Australian, one or two Greek, afew about crop circles revolving around the country Norwegian. But to say that its mostly U.S. is correct in terms of content, after all, more U.S. viewers in here than from the U.K., heck even a studio is registered in here.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2

yes i would say its about 2 out of three posters are yanks.

I guess the threads you have started are all about people that don't have their head up their arses? Oh, wait, you haven't started any threads.

So you are bitching about what others have contributed, while you have contributed nothing.

There is an easy fix if you are so disgruntaled by the content of ANY site ....... don't go to that site.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
ggod save us from canadians that have seen the light aswell.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Perhaps we should just leave are American friends to get on with it?

It will be worth sticking around because of all the Obama threads the Lisbon treaty has gone under the radar. Once they see the Obama rushing to meet the European President they won't know whats hit them.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Look at the homepage do we really need 3 whitehouse threads. We never have uk politics threads, if we did we would get 1 reply, but if obama farts we get 100s of flags, do you americans know who david cameron is?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Look at the homepage do we really need 3 whitehouse threads. We never have uk politics threads, if we did we would get 1 reply, but if obama farts we get 100s of flags, do you americans know who david cameron is?

I wouldn't worry about it man.

It is a predominantly American site.

Most don't care what Gordon Brown or Cameron say or do.
Most Brits don't so why would anyone else...

It's all about Obama...

link   

do you americans know who david cameron is?

I don't know who at ATS does but do an ATS Google search. Plenty on him here. You are being too sensitive imo.

link   
i was only joking with them .. natural that they are goimg to talk about whats going on around them.

will be a shock when tony becomes president of the free world tho,

russia nor america can bully a unified europe as we dont need anything from either.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
The fact that ATS is more American just means that Americans are tuning into the real issues more than people from other countries....I take it as a compliment to my fellow Americans no matter how far right or left or other. All ideas have a place here.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by acmpnsfal]

Erm, not really. It just means that, as an English-speaking demographic, there's far more Americans on the internet than anyone else, or at least any site that's vaguely 'international'. I'm seeing it more and more on British news sites, for example, too.

Also, with regard to these comments about 'non-Americans should start posting non-American threads and so on', people do, but the fact is, the bulk of this site aren't interested in topics outside of America.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join