It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Too American!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Even ET knows americais the center of the universe, ET only wants to land in america.
Oh america the most peacfull and respected country on earth.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Haydn_17]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Not sure what you can do about that, really...

We can't make people from other countries join... Nor can we make the one's here post stuff...

Yes, the majority of the members are, I suppose, I've never really tried to find out for sure; Americans. But there's a large segment from all over the world...Europe, of course; Asia, Africa, Australia, and a whole host of other nations, and continents. I'm really looking forward to our first Antarctica based member...that'd be cool.

...and yes, I'm American.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The ATS community is user driven. That means the people that post create the content. If you want other content provide it. If you just want to go along for the ride can't help you out there.

Edit: And no, I'm not an American.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Probably because there's a lot of Americans posting and reading an English speaking site.

I don't see too many Mongolians discussing goat-shaving conspiracies, big-money corporations fixing goat races, or Parliamentary conspiracies to legislate non-productive goat-grazing legislation.

Maybe it's just me.

I note you live in England.

Do you know the Queen?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I would have to disagree there was a case in Italy that most people here in the states had no clue about intill somebody from that whereabouts posted it, and it got a lot of attention.

But yes the U.S. has a lot of dirt. Or should I say a lot of closets to clean out as far as skeletons.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a) Almost 3/4 of all people with English as native language live in US.
b) Owners are from US.
c) 75 percent of US population uses internet as opposed to 25 percent in average for general population of our little rock.
So what exactly puzzles you about too much of "US stuff" on English speaking internet board with US owners? You think that in Chinese ATS analog (for all two seconds it will be allowed to exist) there will be not so many Chinese news?
By the way , i do not see anybody blocking non-Americans here (unless some rules are broken). So you can beat those Americans with weight number and quality of your posts in fair competition. There are worse goals in life possible, why not.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I tend to go straight into the 'recent posts' section when I come to ATS. If you've ever refreshed the page there, you'll see that the posts come at a pretty fantastic rate. This rate changes at different times of day too. Have you (OS) checked the traffic based on timezones and when different countries are at peak usage?

Someone mentioned that this is an English speaking site, and there are a LOT of Americans who speak something similar to English (I jest). There are a lot of Canadians here too. It might be hard for a, say, Portuguese speaker who does not speak English fluently to get past the pedants here who seem to be more interested in grammar, spelling and punctuation than they are in the content of the thread. Spell a name wrong; miss an apostrophe; use "your" instead of "you're" and you are instantly 'debunked'. That could get old quick.

For the record, I'm English but living in the USA.
Just ignore the silly threads, and dig deeper into the search function. You'll find much that will be on subjects close to your heart.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think the reason that most things discussed here is American, is because Americans are the most gullible...

Everytime (almost at least) you people see or hear something you cannot recognise, its allways a ufo, space critter, et's or a conspiracy.. To me it seems like other people (i.e europeans) generally are more skeptic and in touch with reality.. And thats why most of the ufo/et/conspiracy news discussed here and elsewhere is about americans...

"CAN I HAVE I BIG MAC WITH THAT UFO PLEASE..."

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wish us Brits would stop dissing the US, have you not even seen independance day? They saved our asses from those aliens for flip sake AND it was all done on the 4th of July! What a coincedence!!

Joking aside, truth is that when America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold. Simple as that. And I for one am gratefull that on this site we have insightfull and vigilant people who give eye witness accounts to what is going on the ground, even though sometimes in a bi-partisan way.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have two points I wanna make. Is that one, I love to hear stuff about other countries. So if you have it, post it.

Two: American's are drama queens. Everything is so much worse for them. Everything is just horrific. DRAMA QUEENS.

I was having a conversation once and a person DARED to try to compare Katrina to the Tsunami. I quickly put them in their place.

Guess that is what happens to a bored nation.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nothing would please me more than to see more members outside the US posting topics specifically about their region. (Okay, there are things that would please me more. It's just a figure of speech
).

Something like skyfloating's Untersberg threadwhich was all new to me, I find really fascinating.

I admit to having a real affinity for Europe in general and the British Isles specifically. It's a big world out there. I don't think there's any deliberate intent to limit the scope. It's member driven content, and I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping we can get a wider range of contributing members.

Tell your friends. Spread it around your global reach of social contact sites. Let's get viral in a healthy non flulike way.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I wouldn't tar them (Americans) all with the same brush. Remember that the MSM in the US is very ethnocentric. Reporting on news from parts of the world where no Americans are directly involved is very rare. You really have to dig deep to find "World" news. If someone is ill informed, they are likely getting their information from the American MSM. The drama you cite is fuelled by the reporters and talking heads, not by the common man on the street.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some time ago I felt exactly like you are feeling right now.Like so. Too much America...

Today, 3 years later, I still visit ATS at least 8 hours a day. And it's still just as much fun. ATS is what you make of it. The non-American stuff is definitely here. And it's not even hard to find.

Also - and this has been said earlier in the thread - you want to see something here, then but it there! Build it, and they will come.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's unfair to dismiss what the OP says.

It was Management's decision to integrate AbovePolitics.Com into "the main body of the kirk". That was supposedly on the grounds that US Presidential election year 2008 would bring in new US members ... and with politics on the front page we'd strengthen ATS as a whole and make the site more appealing.

All that happened was that we got a shower of US gamma minus semi morons posting tiresome & repetitive political crap ... and non US members simply tuned in and turned off in their droves.

That's why there's such a US bias today. Management can't entirely absolve themselves of blame, it's not like they weren't warned about it ... but in the dash for new American members they just left the rest of the world behind. Their site, their call.

Over the weekend a German contributor posted a brilliant thread about the swine flu vaccine in his country ... so all's not lost. It's just a pity we've got to wade through so many American garnets to find the real gems.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I understand where the OP is coming from but understand that the site is USA focussed by reason of it's membership.
That said, I do see the occasional post - and this is difficult to explain - where the poster seems painfully unaware that anything exists outside of America. Maybe the only answer is for Europeans to start their own site (but what would a conspiracy site be without fema camps and imminent martial law?).

[edit on 19-10-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 19-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I guess my "EXTREME VIOLATION of T&C" is a prime example of how Americanized this site is, I throw together a post about the states and how I FEEL about some of the context that is BEAT TO DEATH here and it gets flagged as a warning by someone, no racism, no attacking anyone individually, just satirically expressing my opinion, how dare I?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
[Off Topic Reply Removed]

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We should really consider having some additional forums dedicated to non-US conspiracies, perhaps geographically categorized by continent.

That would encourage more diversity in our discussions, since the American stuff, which constitutes 95% of our content here, would be specifically excluded.

It may also help boost the membership.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
ATS is also too alien, too 9/11, too many silly conspiracies, too entertaining, too addictive, too Canadian, too Australian, too European, too political, too controversial, too crazy, too sane, ATS is...

It's all a matter of perspective.
I wish I could star you for this reply.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This post is being done in humor:

ATS is...

American Top Secret

Alien Top Secret

Alternative Top Secret

Australian Top Secret

Austrian Top Secret

Anybody's Top Secret