It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Too American!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Great points.

However this ratio shouldn't stop somebody from posting. I post new threads all the time. Not all are American centric. I'd say about 60% or more flop with little or no interest shown.

I chalk it up to either bad timing or simply not a popular topic. To my surprise though some of the threads of mine that took off I didn't think would be that great.

A good topic would likely draw attention to itself regardless...

In other words you wont know until you try and you just never know which ones will be a hit.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Since this board is hosted in the US on US servers, based in the US, written (mostly) in the English language and founded by US citizens, why does it surprise you to see lots of stuff about the US? Also, the United States is the third-most populous nation in the world, by the way.

If you dislike the US content, don't read it. Or start your own non-US threads and topics, like so many others have already said. Or you could even start your own board, perhaps, and restrict it soelely to discussion about events in your own country.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Since this board is hosted in the US on US servers, based in the US, written (mostly) in the English language and founded by US citizens, why does it surprise you to see lots of stuff about the US? Also, the United States is the third-most populous nation in the world, by the way.

The physical location of the servers means nothing because, given the nature of the internet, packets of information are sent all around the world via the fastest routes usually before they reach your computer. ATS is "virtual". It exsists outside nationality, and - incidentally - ATS was founded by an Englishman.

ATS has valued contributors from many countries and everyones opinions are as valid as anyone elses, regardless of size of country.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
ATS was founded by an Englishman.

Well, then my apologies, kind sir. My mistake.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ya I'm tired of it too!!!

I feel like punching myself everytime I post something because of my nationality.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
All too often people assume an thread is started based on something happening on American soil, it's not until one read the news link provided they discover otherwise.

All one can do is post their news in a thread and those who are interested will read it and maybe comment on what they read. You think it's too American because of all the posts about Obama and discussions about the Whitehouse I guess it would be from your perspective as a non-American but that shouldn't deter you from posting news about things happening in your neck of the woods.

I think it may be safe for me to say that most members tend to read and comment on a wide variety of things because of being fascinated (shocked, and or amazed) with this world and it's people, and I'm no different I come here for the same reason.

So ATS is not just for Americans it's for anybody who want exposure to a wide variety of viewpoints, ideas, and news some of which they may not be exposed to normally.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Come to think of it Slayer69 the threads you listed are types of threads that have always appeared on this site especially stuff about pyramids and freemasonry. I just think they are overlooked by some because it's not something they are interested in.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I for one disagree with the OP I always see other nationalities posting in all of the threads, you appear to have blinkers on pal

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

If you dislike the US content, don't read it. Or start your own non-US threads and topics, like so many others have already said. Or you could even start your own board, perhaps, and restrict it soelely to discussion about events in your own country.

I always thought ATS was founded in the EU. Anyone can choose google as their search engine. Am I mistaken?? I dont know everything.

I started a few threads about the UK but they werent a big hit. I figured all from the EU liked watching us go through hell over politics and the global economy. I'd sure jump in on one that was about Gordon Brown. Ive never liked that guy.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join