It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger: what are you doing with yours?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
it's people with awareness vs. the clueless..

imagine how frustrated your parents were trying toilet train you. Yet, you still shat yourself every night till you finally understood the point of using a toilet.

only difference is rather than physical, what is required is mental. As far as that is concerned the avg. american is beyond backward. I'm not talking about good grades at the local highschool, anyone in the know, knows that education is garbage. Banter for your life of slavery...

I mean volition, but that word is so foreign to the average person...

regardless, if you have volition and you run across someone who doesn't. It will create a "small" bit of angst...

ps. dont worry, most of you are unfortunately not in the volition club. An example, would be that you are feeling the effects of a bruised ego and/or you are complacent and/or not understanding of this post.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I should clarify something; I used ATS as an example, but the post wasn't directed at ATS so much as it was meant to be directed at the the larger collective and there are a lot of people who ARE very angry, right now. I do tend to be vague with most questions, comes with the training (counseling) so sorry if I wasn't clear. I do think it's beneficial for people to examine themselves, how they influence others, how others influence them and how one handles those influences (are we aware of them?) and asking questions rather than stating something upfront, tends to move a discussion forward.

Call me on it though, if I'm being confusing.

ETA: and in the case of this thread, it's genuine interest/curiosity, on my part. I wanted to understand how/what/why people are doing (dealing with) the things they're seeing and feeling.

And again, the big question; are we aware of the influences on us and how we're being affected?

[edit on 19-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

I believe anger is most of all, fueled by those whom you surround yourself with.
What you see and hear becomes what you feel.

I have learned first hand that you are 100 percent correct.

The problem really starts to come forward, as you probably know, after you have removed yourself from those that change you, and you discover that the anger remains.

I have spent the better part of a year working on myself, just to remove that which is not me. It's a slow process but as I can attest to, it can be done.

p.s. very few ever realize that this is happening to them, or has happened to them.

Welcome to the club...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

There are two things that you need to do to handle your anger in my experience.

Learning to deal with the anger that is welling up inside of you, and learning how not to get angry, so you can deal with the first without having more and more anger build up inside you.

Believe it or not, the easiest of the two is to not let anger get in, and the way I have found is to deflect it. It works wonders for me, and allows me to deal with that anger that is already there.

To get rid of pent up anger, you have to be totally honest with yourself. To find out who you really are. Not as easy as you might think as it means facing yourself. Looking at the good and the bad.

It is very hard to be honest with yourself. Many will say they have no problems with it. They are just kidding themselves.

Look to the ego for the answer to your problems with anger. It is there that it hides.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You probably won't have much luck with introspective talk on my part. I don't tend to talk about myself much as I'm pretty boring. There's nothing exciting going on here.

As for the people in my life, I don't see much anger going on. We are fairly well-adjusted though and try to stay away from negative people. I don't go out much either except for school, church on sundays and errands. I listen to classical music on npr, play wow, sing, play piano, that sort of thing. I've been accused of being a robot at times. My family is as boring as I am. We don't get angry much and when we do we tend to just let it go unless it's something serious then we talk it out. I am having a problem with an immature friend but i just don't think about it for the most part.

As for the rest of the population, I can see the anger issues. I think a lot of it is just misdirected energy and a sense of hopelessness. There are a lot of things going wrong on the globe right now. Many people are just getting mad instead of just living in the moment and taking care of themselves. It's unfortunate,.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

You make some good points as anger is only an energy afterall.

One thing do not do anything with your anger, just society have its rubbish, lol.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Anger should be controlled and allowed to quietly ferment.

Then, at the appropriate time, you can also limit your mercy.

Amazing how that works.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I wish i was as self controlled as some of you seem to be.

I get angry all the time.

I don't dwell on it or lash out but I do feel it. Then I discard it (usually) and move on.

After a year of frequenting ATS I can say I've learned to discard the opportunity to become angry a lot easier than I used to.

Dealing with the most extreme minded people in the world on a regular basis really teaches you how to put daily annoyances into perspective.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My anger originates from the injustice I come across.

I try to channel that anger to do something about it.

It don't always get the results I want, but I get results.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I wish i was as self controlled as some of you seem to be.

I get angry all the time.

I don't dwell on it or lash out but I do feel it. Then I discard it (usually) and move on.

SNIP

I was just thinking the same thing and I'm like that too. I get frustrated, annoyed all the time. I don't generally get "angry" it's rare, anyway. I will vent frustration and then let it go. I don't generally dwell on it...

[edit on 20-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
24 hour news cycles are a big issue, as well. Doom and gloom from all angles. I would love to know what the "true" long term affect is on the psyche...

[edit on 19-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Im saving it, it will be my strenght in the future.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Interesting article on anger study; fuels better decision making?

The next time you are plagued with indecision and need a clear way out, it might help to get angry, according to a surprising new study.

Despite its reputation as an impetus to rash behavior, anger actually seems to help people make better choices—even aiding those who are usually very poor at thinking rationally. This could be because angry people base their decisions on the cues that "really matter" rather than things that can be called irrelevant or a distraction.

Previous research has shown that anger biases people’s thinking—turning them into bigger risk-takers and making them less trusting and more prejudiced, for instance.

In both studies, the researchers found that the angry subjects were better at discriminating between strong and weak arguments and were more convinced by the stronger arguments.

Those who were not made to feel angry tended to be equally convinced by both arguments, indicating that they were not as analytical in their assessments. The angry students were also better at weighing the arguments appropriately depending on which organization had made them.

The researchers repeated the experiment a third time using a different argument—one that supported the implementation of a university-wide requirement for graduating seniors to take comprehensive exams. This time, they tested only those subjects who were the least analytical, or in other words, those who were the least likely to make logical decisions. This way, the researchers would be able to see whether anger also makes typically non-analytical thinkers more analytical.

Their findings, suggest that anger helps people focus on the cues that matter most to making a rational decision and ignore cues that are irrelevant to the task of decision-making.

This could be because anger is designed to motivate people to take action—and that it actually helps people to take the right action, the authors wrote.

Anger Fuels Better Decisions

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon

Im saving it, it will be my strenght in the future.

Wow. I do not know if you made this up or if you got it from somewhere, but that truly is inspirational.

I will have to agree with you. While a little anger leaks out here and there...most of it is staying bottled up until I can actually use it for a positive event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join