It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger: what are you doing with yours?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Assassination, Bombing, Conspiracy, Cover Up, Fighting, Greed, Political Corruption, Racial Tension, War.

All are topics of threads posted on the boards today.

Are you angry? Are you worried? Are you scared? Are you arguing with a friend, a neighbor, a stranger about economics, politics, religion, foreign policy, government agenda's, cover ups and who is to blame for the woes in the world? Do you have the answer? Are you sure that your answer is the right one? Are you really hearing another perspective or are you quick to deny it and shout it down? Does anger blind you, paralyze you, or does anger fuel you to action, to contribute, to work towards something better?

Deny Ignorance... is it a catch-phrase or does it mean something more?

Is anyone listening to anyone?

A lot of Anger on the boards today...

Frenzied and scattered
Out of Control
All I can see is lost soul.

Don't know if I'm coming
Don't know if I go
Don't know the answer
I don't know, I don't know.

Grasping and reaching
Nothing is there

The anger is coming
The anger is here
The anger is knowing
It's all that I fear.

It's coming from me
But I blame it on you
It's making me blind
I don't know what to do.

It's burning me down
It eats me alive
It's hurting me now
I'll never survive.

The anger is real
But I make it a lie
The anger I feel
Is the anger I hide.

Nobody can see it
Nobody can know
Nobody can touch it

~Myhre

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Very good observation...

I've notice the rise in confrontation and disparaging threads and posts. I don't find this all too surprising especially in the face of all the gloom and doom that has been posted lately. I wonder how much of this is an ATS self inflected response?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Anger and fear go hand and hand.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think the world is always and has always been in a state of doom and gloom,human nature you could call it.But in this easily accessible information age we find ourselves in, everything is in our face 24/7 from all around the globe.Either we will all go completely mad in the coming decades or completely docile.Not the best of paths to walk whichever we choose.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It's burning me down
It eats me alive
It's hurting me now
I'll never survive.

I went through a two year mental vendetta, and fortunately, I finally saw what it was doing to me.
This stanza quoted from your thread is so true, you have captured the essence in 15 words.

I have since released the anger I held and everything within, around and outside me is better, more brilliant and alive.

Anger = Death
Don't let anger consume you. It is a poison self induced.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yes there is, I changed my signature earlier today.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I cannot speak for anyone other than myself.

I have zero anger, because I know the things that are happening in the newspapers, online stories, and as well the political arena are in fact manufactured events, propaganda filled events, or plain outright lies fabricated with skewed views.

My anger, instead of topping off in my head, and letting me loose with a Kalashnikov and blowing away people by going Postal is instead re-directed into intelligent discussions, informing people who know no better, writing fiction stories on ATS, or as well channeled into creativity because I know better.

I have found my balance, the Yin to my Yang, the balance of my nature is not destroy through hatred and anger, but to re-direct instead into creativity.

I used to hate the world for so many things.

I used to hate people for so many things.

I used to hate just for the sake of hating.

It was never directed towards anyone though, it was always channeled inside, bottled up, until I would snap at the right time, and take out whatever hatred at just the right time, and walk away having leveled the playing field against those that had hurt me, had driven me to a breaking point, and or tormented me.

I eventually grew up though and did not need to bottle it up.

I learned instead how to channel the anger and hatred and turn it into a driving force within me towards bettering myself and the people beside me, despite what others did to me, despite what others tried to provoke in me, despite what others tried to prod inside me, they cannot reach that area of me, because it is not their right to be there.

I glued, super-glued, and welded those buttons of hatred, and eventually removed them altogether.

Any and all of the threads I have created on ATS are because there was information I learned, because I delved into a book, instead of hatred, I delved into knowledge instead of returning the seething hatred others felt towards me, I delved into making myself a better person instead of letting others tear me down.

Assassinations, bombings, conspiracies, cover-ups, fighting, greed, political corruption, racial tension, war, these are mere trifles compared to what I lived through with people trying to force drugs on me, trying to force hatred on me, trying to force death upon me, trying to force ignorance on me.

Instead, I have learned how to be a leader, not because of these things, but in spite of them.

I have read, taught, learned, and lived the Art of War, and turned it into the Art of Peace.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
anger is product of unknowledge mainly, no ?

it's sux to be watched tho .., i dont see other reasons to get ungry

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm saving mine up for when the whole world goes to hell. Then I will release a fury like never before seen, or start drinking to deal. either one.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Assassination, Bombing, Conspiracy, Cover Up, Fighting, Greed, Political Corruption, Racial Tension, War.

Are you angry? Are you worried? Are you scared? Are you arguing with a friend, a neighbor, a stranger about economics, politics, religion, foreign policy, government agenda's, cover ups and who is to blame for the woes in the world? Do you have the answer? Are you sure that your answer is the right one? Are you really hearing another perspective or are you quick to deny it and shout it down? Does anger blind you, paralyze you, or does anger fuel you to action, to contribute, to work towards something better?

Deny Ignorance... is it a catch-phrase or does it mean something more?

Is anyone listening to anyone?

A lot of Anger on the boards today...

Frenzied and scattered
Out of Control
All I can see is lost soul.

Don't know if I'm coming
Don't know if I go
Don't know the answer

Grasping and reaching
Nothing is there

The anger is coming
The anger is here
The anger is knowing
It's all that I fear.

It's coming from me
But I blame it on you
It's making me blind
I don't know what to do.

It's burning me down
It eats me alive
It's hurting me now
I'll never survive.

The anger is real
But I make it a lie
The anger I feel
Is the anger I hide.

Nobody can see it
Nobody can know
Nobody can touch it

~Myhre

Lets see ,what am i doing with my anger? Ummm not controlling it very well, but I'm trying.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
using logic >> emotion

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Very good observation...

I've notice the rise in confrontation and disparaging threads and posts. I don't find this all too surprising especially in the face of all the gloom and doom that has been posted lately. I wonder how much of this is an ATS self inflected response?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

Though I admit to seeing all this to here on ATS, I also have to admit gaining insight through the posts here.

I guess it's like everything else on the internet, take what's useful and true for you and discard the rest.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Is this out of the ordinary for a conspiracy forum? I fail to see the importance of this post. If these were the top topics in a myspace bulletin list, that would be different, but this is on par for what we do here, n'es pas?

here's a thread i made pertaining to angry, childish, remarks made to EXISTING THREADS, i find it somewhat relevant...i think.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure because i cannot really understand just by the first entry what the main idea of this post is.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

True, it is on par (just an intro. nothing more) ... what are your thoughts to the rest of the message? That is the intent of the post.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Anger. I know this old friend well. It's a useless friend. I finally ditched it in my early 30's. The energy to maintain it was too much to do anymore and it didn't give anything back. Sure you can be outraged but what do you get in exchange? Nothing. The last 15 years have been clearer and better. Stow the anger, adopt logic and if you are getting angry ask yourself why. It's probably your fault. After all only YOU can let things get into your own head.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Not all anger is unjust, I myself, Hold a lot of anger. but for personal reasons. I bottle it up, and the release it on command, just for a special occasion. anger can be a bad thing, but isn't always a bad thing. for instance all of you should be angry with the world for the state it is in now.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

True, it is on par (just an intro. nothing more) ... what are your thoughts to the rest of the message? That is the intent of the post.

okay...I think I understand now...and you might like that link I posted, because it deals with the anger and how people put it to use also.
Sorry if I sounded like a smart-alek, in written word, it's hard to discern emotion from someone's statements.
You have a nice way with words btw.

People for the mast part on this board use their anger as a tool, not a weapon, but there are exceptions, of course. I hope you experience here is worthwhile!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by clever024
Not all anger is unjust, I myself, Hold a lot of anger. but for personal reasons. I bottle it up, and the release it on command, just for a special occasion. anger can be a bad thing, but isn't always a bad thing. for instance all of you should be angry with the world for the state it is in now.

me too, that's why I mention using my anger as a tool instead of a weapon.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I will definitely visit your link, thanks for adding it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I use my anger to rant, rant, rant, rant against our government. And if I used it to attack anyone here on ATS, I am sorry. Hell even my mood is set at ALWAYS ANNOYED.

It might be my bipolar mindset, I have been told that I could be bipolar. Hold everything in until BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join