It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Dream has Become...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

What would you suggest he/OP research?

What is your objective in attacking the OP?

Focus on providing facts..not advising people to do research. Please support your comments and statements with something other than insults.

I don't see a point to anything you've said.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
feel free to quote where ive attacked him please.

i am surprised you didnt throw the hate word in with your post for good measure.

if he doesnt like the fact that the army he is enlisting with is responsible for more deaths per annum world wide than any other form of death added together then thats for him and his conscience to live with.

he can always disprove my assertions. .. but that would take research .. and that would be too much effort for a strictly look at me thread.

i get sick to the back teeth with you yanks and your revisionist versions of events.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm going to assume your from England...and if I'm correct in my assumption the U.S. has saved you twice, in two World Wars.

That being said, some of the deaths caused by actions taken by the American Military are contributed and applied to forces/people with intent to harm you and your countrymen.

Yeah, we agree America's current military action has everyone, all over the world asking questions. Don't think for a moment that the British, as well as most other European nations don't have a vested interest (if not direct involvement) with the war on terror and military troops (as well as corporate interest) in the Middle East.

So your Government is just as much to blame for events currently unfolding around the Globe. Economic strife is probably being felt where you live just as it is here in the U.S.

Originally posted by manxman2
feel free to quote where ive attacked him please.

i am surprised you didnt throw the hate word in with your post for good measure.

if he doesnt like the fact that the army he is enlisting with is responsible for more deaths per annum world wide than any other form of death added together then thats for him and his conscience to live with.

he can always disprove my assertions. .. but that would take research .. and that would be too much effort for a strictly look at me thread.

i get sick to the back teeth with you yanks and your revisionist versions of events.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What with the hostility man? I'm just suggesting that if this topic does not satisfy you, or you feel like you're wasting your time then why post? Why all the vitriol? I posted this to get brain juices flowing, and I thought at the time that this thread would get one or two responses like most of my threads. If you think Im sharing because I need attention then it is obvious you missed the point entirely.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I've only added detail that I left out upon request by other members. I have not changed my story as you suggest. I don't know what your problem is with me but you are not being very conducive to a civil discussion.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The American dream has become a nightmare. They have dumbed us down and made us more like children, ignorant children at that. All we want or care about his the second coming and not gay marriage or abortion, also money. We have a debauched society now that many of our citizens can't even see that it is. Where broke as a nation, economically and politically. When we finally implode, it will make many of us go insane. When you have been told that your exceptional and right because your american etc. etc., and then finding out that your no different from the 3rd world nations out their people will lose it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's going to be hard to protect America and "have our back" with an ocean in between us and a chain of command to follow. If you want to do some good, stay here and do it. How can we go around "fixing" the world when we are broken ourselves?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You can be direct with manners and decorum as it is expected of all members on ATS. All I'm asking for is the same respect I show you in every single post.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I apologize as I didn't intend to "trick" you.
How is it that I managed that?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I won't be deploying to Iraq that war is winding down. So none would be the answer to your obvious baiting.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
im not baiting you .. putting an image in your head your brother will have witnessed many times is not baiting you.

iraq was just an example your administration will kill children anywhere they want to exploit under various bogey men guises.

so how many will it take for you to step over before you cannot take it anymore.

see most people know about the bullet that has your name on it and understand its fate.
however american munitions are simply addressed to whom it may concern.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Hi projectvxn,

I just returned from a San Jose / Rohrmoser to check if it would serve as a bolt hole and if it had not been for the fact that needed a little more money under my belt, I would have stayed there and just go to panama every 90 days..

Sorry folks, I respect the well intentioned patriot community.. but the time for political change and discourse has passed. Its now time to tighten the seat belts, squawk 7500 and hit the checklist.

-Pura Vida!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'll pick my targets carefully. I don't do anything with hatred or thoughtlessness. I have been a warrior all my life however, from my beginnings in Gong Fu, to my future in the Army. I am what I am. But I am no murderer. If a weapon is pointed at me, if they don't get me first, the poor man will die by my hand. That is war.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I won't be deploying to Iraq that war is winding down. So none would be the answer to your obvious baiting.

No, you'll be going to Afghanistan or maybe even Iran, but it's entirely possible that some really angry Iraqi's will show up. On a side note, have you ever heard of "War is a racket" by Major-General Smedley Butler? You should google it so that you know exactly what you're getting into and the information comes from one of the most beloved generals of all time.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Exemplar]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
dying defending the constitution you talked so elequently about in your first post is being a patriot.

killing a man defending his home on foriegn soil is murder.

no doubt you will find away to justify it to yourself at such an early age .. but murder it is for commercial and political gain and if you do it i hope you see their faces everytime you close your eyes for the rest of your days.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Exemplar

I know all too well. I wish you people would stop giving me advice on something I've already thought about for years. This isn't my first walk in the park kids, and I have my own reasons for doing what I'm doing. Secondly, Butler spent over 3 decades serving in the Marine corp knowing exactly what he was doing. I need no lectures.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join