It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Floating Over Colorado In Experimental Craft (balloon like flying saucer)*FOUND*

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OMG his name is Falcon how ironic.

link   
reply to post by Annee

That's unfair... I can already see this guy being branded a Million ways... I could easily be described as eccentric with anger issues too and really lol, I consider both a great trait... anyone with a brain has a bit of anger in them considering the human condition, no genius is immune to getting a bit pissed lol, i mean come on...

This is a good guy, surely he loves his kids...

eccentric? he had a balloon in his yard?

Benjamin Franklin flew a kite with a key on it in a lightning storm... God forbid he had a child who got hit by lightning. Know what I mean?

We shouldn't judge the guy, this is a tragedy.

How many kids get cancer because mom and dad smoked in the house or did dope in utero, this guy built a Balloon, With his child, unlike 15 Million dads in the USA he was there encouraging science he didn't want this to happen (unless maybe it's a publicity stunt in which case he's being a jerk)

I just don't think we need to attack this guy if this happened, terrible accident... Millions of Dads are out drinking 40's today, this guy if this isn't bull... he was building a Balloon with his kid, that's pretty cool actually.

You know...if real I just really Empathize I have a house full of computers and gear and junk, god forbid an accident i'd never be the same... I wouldn't want to be called names... My life revolves around teaching my kids science... I can't begin to imagine the state i'd be in if I lost my Son to an accident

link   
ColoradoAn.com is reporting someone saw something fall from the sky near Weld county road 43 and 28. Hopefully it isn't connected to this.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
We've heard of the "Terrible" Twos, and the "Tantrum" Threes. Well, they should call it the "Surprising" Sixes. I know when my child was 6 she was doing all sorts of things that anyone in their right mind would never have considered doing, and she had the ingenuity to figure out ways to do them after watching it done in a cartoon. I couldn't even keep her locked in the house for her safety as she figured out ways to either circumvent or defeat the array of locks on the door. I'm honestly surprised she survived her "Surprising" Sixes.

So, don't be so rash to blame the parents on this one.

Hopefully though it will have a happy ending and the child will be returned to his parents when the ordeal is over.

(I'm keeping my fingers crossed that only having Helium to breathe isn't accurate)

today's date Oct.15 1 + 5 = 6

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mordeen
As a father of a 6-year old boy, watching the footage of that balloon at ~5000 feet thinking of a child inside made me want to vomit.

Mine are 7 and 8, but i agree completely with your post. I'm so worried about this boy i don't even know, i hope we get confirmation that he's alive soon. I'm scared of heights on top of it, so imaging him up there makes me sick to my stomach...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here is the local police scanner:

www.radioreference.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by Mordeen

You didn't pay much attention. They were chasing the balloon, etc. Just what can they do.

Dad is an idiot for the way the balloon was handled in his yard.

No, actually I did pay attention, friend. I complained that *I* would have wanted them to do more than just follow it and wait. They "mulled" many options, but that's all they did; mull over them. The thing was in the air for over an hour traveling at between 20 and 30mph. Plenty of time to try something, anything.

What can they do? Well, they considered lowering someone down to it, flying under it to attach weights, etc. In the end, they waited for gravity to decide the kid's fate, and they got lucky he wasn't inside the thing frozen to death.

Like I said, a failed effort is better than no effort, IMO.

On another note, this is a conspiracy site, right? Here's a theory, sorry if it's been proposed:

Brother kills brother, hides the body, says he went up in the balloon, hoping it would go into space, too stupid (like this theory, heh) to realize it would come down and be revealed empty.

Joking aside, hopefully he's found and it's a good outcome.

-Mordeen

link   
I do apologizing, I apreciate everyone's empathy

but I think we should stop worrying about the boy for a while
at least until more info is provided

at first I was very nervous watching the footage

then I thought it was a hoax
then the kid wasn't in the baloon so I thought even more it was a hoax
THEN..... the family was on wifeSwap a tv serial... now what do you think I think

maybe it wasn't a hoax
but maybe it was

let's not worry until we know more

link   
My prayers for the boy and his family.

Hope all comes out well.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That craft would only lift 20 pounds max. This is a hoax and now the nutty dad owes about $200,000 for the rescue efforts. Do the math.
The girl next to me here at work has wieghed thousands of 6 year olds. They wiegh about 45 pounds.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by earthdude]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

On another note, this is a conspiracy site, right? Here's a theory, sorry if it's been proposed:

Brother kills brother, hides the body, says he went up in the balloon, hoping it would go into space, too stupid (like this theory, heh) to realize it would come down and be revealed empty.

At risk of getting shunned...I thought of something similar...but the dad instead of the brother.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Have you done the calculations - literally?

You're giving us hope...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
reply to post by Annee

That's unfair... I can already see this guy being branded a Million ways... I could easily be described as eccentric with anger issues too and really lol, I consider both a great trait... anyone with a brain has a bit of anger in them considering the human condition, no genius is immune to getting a bit pissed lol, i mean come on...

Sorry - I only meant it in the way - the kid may be hiding out of fear of punishment.

I did not mean it as judgment against someone I don't know.

I come from a highly intelligent eccentric type family - - and I was also allowed to be a kid. I spent much of my life on rooftops - building things - etc.

Accidents happen to every type family.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
heh must say we got some live feed of this in New Zealand just as the balloon came down in that field with all the cars coming up to it. First thought was 'Eh what?... October 26 already?!'

Thing I dont get is why people say the kids in/was in it... from what I saw there isnt any damn way a kid could even get in the damn thing, unless he was actually sealed in by someone.

Not to mention when it hit the ground the basket was rolling over far to easy if it had some kid in it. If there was a basket attached... and the kid was in it, i wouldnt hope for the best. Was kinda funny seeing how much attention they where giving the balloon when it landed and how they didnt make any attempt to open it (first clue they knew the kid wasnt inside)... guess it was a possible danger to flight traffic... now heres hoping they concentrate on the secondary concern, the kid... glad they have their priority's right
(that was sarcasm).

Wouldnt say they where gonna do a hoax (then again given the families rep), I mean from a design stand point it was pretty good, shape could be just coincidence.

Must admit one of the more unusual things to wake up to and see on morning news on a friday
hope it turns out with a happy ending, and teh kids and family have learned a lesson.

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OMG his name is Falcon how ironic.

In what way, because its a bird?... or the more obscure fact 'Falcon' was the code name of a dis-info agent in the UFO circles

[edit on 15-10-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I hope you're right, looking at the balloon it does seem like a human being, even a small one, might skip along the ground a little, but would probably get hung up on a tree or something...but the kid needs to be found. If he's hiding he'll probably emerge pretty soon.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Why would the dad have even kept this thins full of Helium if there wasnt any Severe weather in the area for some time?, there wasnt any instruments onboard (obviously by the weight distribution displayed by its flying characteristics), and leaving it out flly inflated in the garden would have just wasted Helium by leakage having to refill it every so-often needlessly.

I think this was all pre-planned, unless the kids already knew how to fuel up each Helium cell of this craft.

link   
Apparently there is no opening in the gondola, or any place to climb into it. Hoping he is found safe and sound.

link   
On the issue of "not enough helium to keep the balloon aloft with kid on board". I imagine that the father would have passed on the specifications and a quick calculation would tell officials whether or not the balloon was capable of carrying the kid. Given that the balloon was in flight for 2 hours, and authorities were giving chase up to the end, that leads me to believe that it was within the realm of possibility that the boy could be on board.

EDIT: Also, was there no infrared equipment that they could have used to peer into the balloon to look for a unique heat signature?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

At risk of getting shunned...I thought of something similar...but the dad instead of the brother.

I thought the dad at first too, but there was at least one witness if the dad did it: the brother who supposedly saw the other go inside before it went up. That's why I shifted my retarded joke of a theory in favor of the brother!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

CNN reported that the "National Balloon Flight Center" in Albuquerque (yes, I was amazed there was a thing, too) said that given the size of the balloon, it was certainly large enough to carry the boy.

Also, the CNN online coverage had a balloon expert on while the balloon was flying. If the balloon wasn't large enough to carry the boy, I'm sure he would've said so and not been hoping, along with the anchorette, that the boy wasn't inside.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join