It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Floating Over Colorado In Experimental Craft (balloon like flying saucer)*FOUND*

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

where are you following this?

link   
yup and that kids is a twig very small im sure the ballon was capable of lifting him

link   
reply to post by earthdude

What do you estimate the volume of the craft to be? I imagine its shape means the calculation isn't straight forward. And it may be that most of us, at least, only saw it half-inflated, towards the end.

The reports of a basket having been attached at one stage + reports of something falling are concerning.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh I know, not directed at you in a negative or anything... Juts, you know ats lol, some one starts with a simple statement about character and in 2-3 pages the death penalty posts start, it was response to your post, but directed at all... I just don't think (if the guy didn't fake this) (which i think is possible) he did anything wrong...

and it struck a cord, i'm a weird self employed science freak lol I have my 4 yr old in caves, my ten year old has climbed a real mountain, you could probably build anything here... if you had the gumption

You get the coolest smartest kids in the world being like this... but once in a rare while when you LIVE things do happen... like I said if this isn't fake I have real empathy my kids aren't kept in a bubble either if real this just gave me such a heart ache for the guy.

link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Yes, KUSA is just reporting via CNN Online, that there was indeed a box attached to the balloon before the media started to follow the story. This box wasn't intended to ever carry anybody and wasn't attached to the rest of the craft very well.

And this box had 2 small 'brick' type batteries in it.. so thats even more weight... dunno.

link   

A hot air balloon flight center, the National Balloon Flight Center in New Mexico, said that this balloon could carry a boy.

ETA:

I saw a cardboard box on the live feed. Maybe it was plywood. Another attachment would have ruined the looks of this unmanned craft

Considering that this was a scientific balloon, not intended to actually carry people, I doubt that aesthetics was high on the list.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by octotom]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I don't think that there was an additional basket that broke free.

According to CNN, the authorities feel the same way...

"At this point, we are thinking that he did not fall out of the balloon and is somewhere on the ground," Larimer County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Eloise Campanella said. "The basket itself was not breached. It does not look like he fell out of it, but again, this is all conjecture."

Campanella said authorities are searching the neighborhood for the boy.

"I'm very confident we will find him. I think it's a matter of him being a little scared," she said. "Maybe he's not ready to be found."

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
News is confirming the father states there was another box attached.

I heard one reporter say - all film is being inspected.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The brother did confirm that the boy climbed into the basket just before it flew off.

I'm wondering if all 3 boys could be in on this. Why would the 2 be on the roof with a camera? Maybe they were going to take pictures but didn't realize the balloon would actually take off with the brother in it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

CNN, about five minutes ago, reported that KUSA, their affiliate out there, said that there was a box attached to the underside of the balloon.

ETA: I just heard on CNN Online's recap of the news that authorities are saying that there were pegs on the bottom of the balloon, where something was previously attached.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by octotom]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

it has landed no little boy inside, WTF it was another little boy (his brother) who said he was in (on) the balloon all i can say is WTF

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is dreadful either way... Hope the little guy is safe

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

A hot air balloon flight center, the National Balloon Flight Center in New Mexico, said that this balloon could carry a boy.

It was not a hot air balloon. It was a helium balloon. Big difference.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Didn't the parents notice the box/basket wasn't attached as this thing flew over county after county?

God forbids that foul play is not involved in this, I hope for the entire family sake that this turns out well. this could have been a kidnapping and a diversion, murder and coverup, so many questions and possibilities, again I hope he is found quickly with the worst of his injuries being minors scrapes and bruises from a fall and nothing worse.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You'll hear the latest here, on the local channel covering it. CNN will break away soon.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Yes - I agree. I greatly appreciate that I had almost total freedom as a child - to do what I wanted.

We certainly did not have a "Homes & Garden" show home. It was more like a project in every corner - - including the yard.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
No offense to anyone, but with the majority of the people on ATS being suspicious/accusatory of the MSM, I find it ironical that we are all hanging on every word as it is reported in "real time" ...and just blindly believing what is being said.

Not all of us, mind you...but a lot of us.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm getting a bad feeling the older brother/friends made the make shift box/basket. I reaally have a bad feeling about this.

link   
The basket would break off with the weight of the boy inside of it. I think it was attached with some light weight material.

link   

CNN, about five minutes ago, reported that KUSA, their affiliate out there, said that there was a box attached to the underside of the balloon.

Why would KUSA know more than the authorities? My quote came from CNN as well, but from the sheriff's office. Alot of conficting stuff coming in, i'm just trying to remain hopeful...also, how do we know, if there was another box attached, that it was able to hold a child? I figure it might hold some small instruments, but it couldnt be too big, or the balloon wouldnt fly...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join