It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Floating Over Colorado In Experimental Craft (balloon like flying saucer)*FOUND*

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
they have reported that there was a box attached to the aircraft which was not seen by the video cameras and had fell off in early flight

[edit on 15-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I did the calulations in my head and the craft would need to be at least twice the size. It would take at least 1600 regular sized balloons to lift a 6 year old.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Alright so in Twelve Monkeys a kid pretends to hide in a well but is later found in a barn and a virus is released that kills billions?

then the kid is 6 years old, date is oct 15, 1+5=6

so we got 2 6's if they find him at 6 o'clock or we find that he weighs 60 pounds im going into the forest

[edit on 15-10-2009 by phiktion]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Now they're reporting that the father said that there was a plywood box attached to the bottom of it previously, oh dear.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
they have reported that there was a box attached to the aircraft which was not seen by the video cameras and had fell off in early flight

no they reported later that there was no box attatched, what you see under the balloon is the basket.

link   
reply to post by earthdude

See the post above yours. Apparently there was an attachment below that he could have been in and subsequently fell off. All the footage we have seen would have been after the attachment fell off.

link   
The father was a "weather" pseudo scientist.

Don't you think this balloon probably had something to do with weather - and probably built to hold instruments?

Many parents have careers where they have work stuff at home. I don't find it unusual at all that this father had a helium balloon.

It is no different then a carpenter's son getting injured by carpenter tools.

link   
They are now looking for the box that came off from the balloon. The police do believe the boy was on this ballon. They also said it was never meant to carry anybody.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
apaprently the boy climbed inside a basket that was attached to the pod on the ballon and wasnt there when it landed....

link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

That ties into the falling object seen in Weld county. Let's hope for a better outcome.

link   

Originally posted by GypsK

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE

no they reported later that there was no box attatched, what you see under the balloon is the basket.

NO this was just reported 1 minute ago

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I expect we will continue to get mixed messages.

Even after the son is found.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
New report now says the kid got into a box or similar that was attached to the bottom of the balloon at the time it was untethered, but was not present by the time the first footage of the balloon was taken.

So now we're back to the possibility of a tragic ending.

This sucks. I'd hate to be his parents right now. I lost track of my 4-year old daughter for about 30 seconds in my front yard once and I about had a nervous breakdown.

Becoming a parent opens you up to fears and worries that I could have never imagined prior.

-Mordeen

EDIT: Sorry, this was already posted as I was composing.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Mordeen]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Yes, KUSA is just reporting via CNN Online, that there was indeed a box attached to the balloon before the media started to follow the story. This box wasn't intended to ever carry anybody and wasn't attached to the rest of the craft very well.

link   
I saw a cardboard box on the live feed. Maybe it was plywood. Another attachment would have ruined the looks of this unmanned craft. I suppose Falcon could have been a very small 6 year old, but I doubt he ever assended in this balloon. It did not appear to be over 20 ft in diameter. I don't have the formula for getting the volume of a cylinder handy, where are the scientists among us?

link   
This is kind of unfortunate being this "Weather Balloon" actually looks like a flying saucer.

Perhaps this was some hoax set up for future event that there is a legit UFO caught in the sky... They can say... Look at last week, Weather Balloons can look like Saucers.

I don't believe the boy was ever in the Balloon, IMO.

I'm impressed by how well it moved through the sky.

link   

Originally posted by elfie
Now they're reporting that the father said that there was a plywood box attached to the bottom of it previously, oh dear.

Yep, and it was connected loosely with 4 wooden pegs. I watched the briefing. Also listening to the police scanner currently.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I could care less about the mixed messages, aslong as this kid is found safe and taken into care away from this messed-up father. No excuses wether he's a storm-chaser or not, even if he's Einstein theres no way this should have happened.

link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Calculations for how many helium balloons it takes to lift someone.
science.howstuffworks.com...

helium has a lifting force of 1 gram per liter.

[edit on 10/15/2009 by Erasurehead]

link   
I don't think that there was an additional basket that broke free. If you think about it, this thing was wavering in the breeze and came back to earth within 2 hours. If you add in the weight of the basket + Boy...then it likely would have taken more than the balloon's capacity to get it off the ground. But that's just my opinion based upon looking at very few hard facts.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join