It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Has this been posted yet?

The Daily Telegraph (LONDON)

October 6, 2006 Friday

The black senator who could challenge Hillary

BYLINE: Alex Massie in Washington

SECTION: NEWS; International; Pg. 18

LENGTH: 310 words

A BLACK senator with only two years in office has emerged as the star of the Democrats’ campaign for next month’s mid-term elections.

Kenyan-born Barack Obama, 45, is already being touted as a challenger to Hillary Clinton for the party’s presidential nomination.

Another scenario sees him as Mrs Clinton’s running mate, raising the possibility of a first female president and first black vice-president in 2008.

Mr Obama is disproving the adage that Washington is “Hollywood for ugly people’’.

He is the Denzil Washington of Capitol Hill, bringing glamour to the staid hallways of the Senate. This week, he was given the ultimate glamour accolade: the front cover of Men’s Vogue.

I don't have the link

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Oh oh.

A black senator with only two years in office has emerged as the outstanding star of the Democrats' campaign for next month's mid-term elections.

Barack Obama, 45, is already being touted as a challenger to Hillary Clinton for the party's presidential nomination.

Source

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet... but very interesting:

This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for not being a “natural born citizen”, and in which Obama, by his quick retort, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency”, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office.

Source:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This whole topic is like Global Warming deniers:
First a few clumsy astro turf groups come out and rattle the cages. The "evidence" proves bogus.

Next, it gets a bit slicker and more compelling.

Then you get some real Doctors, some nice web sites, and a few well produced videos that might make someone wonder.

... but forgotten is that in the first place, it was a lying hack that brought up the issue, and you aren't paying attention. If someone comes out of the gate, lying to you, then later they come back wearing a suite, and having authentic looking documents -- what kind of an idiot listens to the hack?

"Yes, they had some bad information BEFORE -- but now, but NOW, It's some REALLY dynamite stuff."

I remember my aunt used to follow and give lots of money to Earnest Ainsley. Once he was proven a crook and left in disgrace ... she took a couple weeks before falling in love and sending here meager donations to the next con man. She really wanted to believe in something.

And some of you really want to believe Obama is a foreign agent. Look, we put that law in place so that royalty from England couldn't get a foothold in America -- there are plenty of locals in the USA who will sell out the nation, the planet and human life for a good steak dinner. This topic is a total waste of time and only empowers the hacks who are using the "believers" for their own agenda.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
"Kenyan-born Barack Obama, 45, is already being touted as a challenger to Hillary Clinton for the party’s presidential nomination."

isnt this an oxymoron?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here is an audio clip I really couldn't hear well last night,
www.archive.org...

Olara Otunnu (Harvard Law, 1978) relating the remark of Kenyan historian Ali Mazrui on the oddity that a member of Kenya's Luo tribe (Barack Obama,

a Kenyan citizen and Luo tribe member from birth)

may become president of the United States before a Luo tribe member becomes president of Kenya. "Town Hall Forum: An Examination of Race, Age, Gender & Religion in the 2008 Election," Harvard Law School Reunions, Oct. 25, 2008, 9:15 a.m. (Austin Hall, 1st Floor, West), at 60:17 mark.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
LIST of all current and former foreign-born US politicians

Look at it quick before some hacker defaces Wikipedia.

McCain is listed as from Panama -- but he is eligible because he was born on a military base. But isn't that a technicality? Could the Panamanians have influenced his mind?

Obama's not on here. Likely this newspaper is a forgery, or it's one of a million articles out of the billions where someone didn't fact check. One newspaper article on any topic is proof that some of them end up lining the bottom of puppy pens.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You know why I love this post? Because, currently there is another post on ATS stating that Obama was born in a completely different country:

Originally posted by downtown436
the.honoluluadvertiser.com...

"Both were born outside the country — Obama in Indonesia, Duckworth in Thailand — and graduated from high school in Honolulu — Punahou and McKinley, respectively."
So is it Kenya, or is it Indonesia?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically, this guy was born everywhere and anywhere but here.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

My colleague wept, with relief, as he listened to Mrs. Clinton because it became plain that the Obama administration was not hoodwinked by Nigerian government propaganda. No detail of the country's present demeaning, life-threatening disease is hidden from the US State Department.

Little wonder then why Kenyan-born Barack Obama, America's first Black President, converted his major speech at his recent Ghana trip to a scathing upbraiding of Nigeria's irresponsible leadership!

Clinton is implementing a tough-love state policy: to whip Nigeria's mulish leadership into line, and let verbal tact and finesse go to hell! This patient needs drastic therapy, and must endure it.

allafrica.com...

Well seems a lot of people in Africa seem to think he was born there,

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by really

I have a theory, you see Obama like to impress people, That's all I am going to say for now.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
I love this conspiracy...

"birthers" are right in arugment and just WILL NOT STOP until they see a long form. THis means pro- Obama people get pissed off once a week.

ITs like making fun of a fat kid. ITS SO MUCH FUN!

In short, show the long form and those lovable "birthers" cannot continue

I was born in White Plains, New York and I do not have a "long form."

All documentation on Obama - which is even more extensive than mine, points to his citizenship. YOU cannot prove you were born here, other than a hospital record, a SS card and that people like your parents remember you.

If the Kenyan government can seed a baby with all his future political beliefs, they deserve to rule our country -- they seem to create people more compelling and intelligent than the Bush family who somehow group up in the North East, attend Ivy League schools and end up with Texas drawls -- there's a real conspiracy for you. Why doesn't Obama have a Texas accent? It's a toss up whether Kenya or Texas has a stronger grip on the mind control market.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Not too long ago I was returning from a weekend camping trip. I was on the parkway and there was a lot of traffic heading north after the weekend. On one of the over passes someone hung a huge banner. It simply read, "BIRTH CERTIFICATE?".

I took a picture of it with my cell phone and I did try to get it on the computer to no avail. I still have the picture on there. I see no way to get it on the computer. The link for doing it doesn't work anymore and I have no usb connection to the phone for it. Not that it really matters but it would have been cool to show.

link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Thanks for posting this Scoob.

This was a senatorial race. How much criticism did this headline get at the time? This would have drawn my attention had I read it. No fact checking at the AP? A senate candidate, with an exotic name and a foreign birthplace? That should have drawn as much interest as the sex club antics of his opponent. Was anyone shouting hey he's a natural born citizen then? If I was running for senate I would have known of this and rebutted it immediately. He had a staff.

Rahm was around Barry at that time, wasn't he shrewd enough to see the future implications? Presidents in my opinion are not elected, they are selected in advance. Without an Obama backlash to that headline from that time period I will remain doubtful of his birth place. I also remain doubtful of who his genetic father was and that possibility has been touched on in other threads. A subversive American father would cause Barrack even more grief than a foreign place of birth and so perhaps the Kenyan birth story was purposefully leaked early on to throw off the hounds.

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by really

I have a theory, you see Obama like to impress people, That's all I am going to say for now.

What do you mean by this? You can U2U me if you want. I'm curious. By the way, I am NO Obama lover, just tired of this argument as I don't believe it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

well, the counter question is: why do things like this continually show up when it comes to this man?

Moreover, Why are Obama supporters seemingly so absolutely petrified of this question of his eligibility? It appears if you look back through all the topics where this comes up, its either down played, shouted down, mocked, and soon, yet, if this kind of same inconsistency and controversy existed in any other forum, say UFO's, 9/11, etc, people would be all over it.

Makes one wonder at times if some of the more ardent Obama supporters aren't the real disinfo agents on this board.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
shocking.... not! obama could put all of this to bed if he would just provide a birth certificate like the rest of us have. how hard can that be. but he cant seem to do that so the debate rages on...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

Yes. It is. Strange that no one caught it at the time.

reply to post by Stormdancer777

Are you referring to my #3 possibility in this post?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Do I need to point out that the Sunday Standard is based out of Gaborone, Botswana?

That's Africa.

Is it really a surprise that you've found this headline? They've been claiming Obama since he got into politics. We saw a large push to claim his origin after he was elected President.

It's akin to if I moved to Germany and had a son. My son grew up and ran for office in Germany. I'm sure plenty of local newspapers back here in America would pick up the story.

Only, that wouldn't really be that big of a deal and I doubt my local newspaper would feel the need to embellish the story by claiming North America as the "Continent of birth" of my son.

However, I do see how it would be a big deal for someone from Africa (a continent made up by a majority of third-world-countries) to have a native's American-born son be elected to Congress in the premiere Super-Power of the world. THAT would be something to lay claim to.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yes and we all know that everything in the newpaper is always correct.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Not sure if this has been posted yet... but very interesting:

This report explains the context of the oft cited debate, between Obama and Keyes in the following Fall, in which Keyes faulted Obama for not being a “natural born citizen”, and in which Obama, by his quick retort, “So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency”, self-admitted that he was not eligible for the office.

Source:

Ok, now that one has some teeth!

Can anyone defend this one Please?

BH - SG - anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join