It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
reply to post by djusdjus

Obama is not a black person.

Obama is a mulatto.

Get it right.

"Mulatto" is an ignorant, racist term.

But I assume you know that and used it for that effect.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I still wonder who wrote the article, and if the article is a legitimate Associated Press article. It would be interesting to find the specific reporter on this story and see what they say about the headline.

Sorry, but a newspaper story is just words on a screen until the source of the story is verified. I could say that Obama was born on the moon, as long as no one questions me about it, it's completely legitimate right?

I would agree. The blog that I linked on page 2 (where I originally found the quote about Keyes/Obama) made a good point; they wanted people to go to the library to check the physical archives. Surely, if written off the AP wire, there would be print available off the internet?

I would also like to know who first found this article the OP posted, and when exactly. All of a sudden it was all over the internet, last night.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Man, the whole point of this is that this AP reporter stated that BEFORE THIS WAS EVER AN ISSUE!!!

Did anyone cause a stir over it then? Did the reporter get fired? Did Obama call him/her up and say "That is incorrect?"

NO!

So don't go making these lame ass excuses now people. That AP reporter, one in Kenya, I will add, had no reason to suspect any different at the time. And no one seemed to care about it THEN!

Bah. Deniers.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just reading through some of the news items on Obama at the source site and one line in a story stands out as odd...

See what you think

Ranneberger attributed his sentiments to Obama himself, yet another sign the son of a Kenyan father elected US’ first black leader last November, was not about to take his eyes off Kenya.

The speech rekindled that of Secretary of State Hilary Clinton’s reaction to a remark Obama could be meddling in Kenya’s affairs, "Listen to your son, he means well to you".

Are they quoting Hillary Clinton? .... WTF?

Who exactly is being quoted there, anyone know?

Full article here...

www.standardmedia.co.ke...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Man, the whole point of this is that this AP reporter stated that BEFORE THIS WAS EVER AN ISSUE!!!

Did anyone cause a stir over it then? Did the reporter get fired? Did Obama call him/her up and say "That is incorrect?"

NO!

So don't go making these lame ass excuses now people. That AP reporter, one in Kenya, I will add, had no reason to suspect any different at the time. And no one seemed to care about it THEN!

Bah. Deniers.

If the article truly came off of the AP wire, many different places could have linked to it (the same way the front page of Yahoo does).

Like I said, maybe this African website didn't erase it, and it got picked up by the webarchive.com website before it was scrubbed. Maybe it fell through the proverbial crack.

1. Could be real

2. Could be a fake, planted by someone for a hoax.

3. Could be a real AP article, but the writer made a mistake (notice his first name is spelled wrong in the first paragraph of the article).

Without proof from the AP, or physical copies/print, we will never know, I'm afraid.

I just find it interesting how this article was all of a sudden found, after being supposedly written over 4 years ago.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

NO!

In the same vein, you might think whoever had access to this piece might be able to find a subsequent post where AP retracted that he was born in Kenya? I think TPTB would have found that by now if it existed.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
never mind
l

[edit on 15-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

IIRC - there was a discussion in connection with how BARAK obama sr was always shown as BARACK OBAMA both in 'Dreams' and in articles written about him in Hawaii - yet when he returned to Kenya he wrote the above article (which is reported as having annoyed Kenyatta) he wrote his name as BARAK - dropping the 'c'

The name BARAK is closer to the phonetic spelling of the arabic. The additional 'c' may have been how the teachers enrolled him in the christian school he attended.

After independance in 1963, as a Kenyan, he would have been quick to discard anything to do with a spelling that might be interpreted as a 'colonial hangover' -

However, Obama Two was stuck with the english version. In 1964 any self-serving documentation that had been raised to claim obama sr as the father carried forward the name BARACK. (imho)

Information and article can be found at freeper

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Nobody had any idea back then that Obama was going to run for POTUS. I doubt that many people actually read the Sunday Standard either.

I'm just trying to be a Partisan To The Truth here.

For instance, the problem with the lack of Byline. Let me give you examples from the same day and date of this supposed article...

Ouko probe team to visit UK
By Caroline Mango

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thank goodness the title of this thread says "shocker". Otherwise, I wouldn't know how to feel about the matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
WHOA!! More than one oops.

www.nigerianobservernews.com...

WASHINGTON – Americans will today go to the polls to elect their next President with Democratic Party
candidate, Senator Barack Obama largely favoured to win.

The Kenyan-born Senator will, however, face a stiff competition from his Republican
counterpart, John McCain who has taken the presidential battle to the finishing line with vigorous campaign strategies.

[edit on 10/16/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
zazz, here ya go:

linky

That's lists all available archived articles from that newspaper. Have fun.

And you're still a mischievous redhead!!!

Edit: also, you guys should know that our esteemed member Stormdancer777, once again, came up with the goods first on this, and he showed me where he posted it first on ATS.

MODS: At least one applause for storm, if you will please!

It was apparently first posted on freeper, so they are the ones that broke the story.

[edit on Thu Oct 15th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'd be highly surprised if anything at all came from this other than in the conspiracy crowd. Even if it's true... the fix is in!

IRM

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
thx TA

OK Im now asking where is the author?
And can you help me look at the AP archives, i cant find it in there, but thats the source, so it should be there..............

nl.newsbank.com...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
frontpage.americandaughter.com...

Ofeibea Quist-Arcton, NPR’s Africa-based correspondent, tells why her beat has proved one of the most interesting this year.

She discusses the stories that have been painful and devastating for many nations on the continent such as the violent political fights that have led to power-sharing deals.

She also describes the stories that have been exciting, including the U.S. presidential race of Kenyan-born Sen. Barack Obama.

Picture of article

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
O.K. I can't figure out why my above attempt to provide the link to an alleged article won't post. Here is the article posted in The Nigerian Observer:

US Presidential Polls:Obama, McCain slug it out today

By SOLOMON ASOWATA WITH AGENCY REPORTS

WASHINGTON – Americans will today go to the polls to elect their next President with Democratic Party candidate, Senator Barack Obama
largely favoured to win.

The Kenyan-born Senator will, however, face a stiff competition from his Republican counterpart, John McCain who has taken the presidential battle to the finishing line with vigorous campaign strategies.

The other candidates are Cynthia Mckinney (Green Party), Bob Barr (Libertarian Party), Chuk Baldwin (Constitution Party) and Ralph Nader who is running as an independent candidate.

Aiming for a last-minute upset, Republican John McCain embarked on a grueling odyssey through seven swing states yesterday while Democrat Barack Obama was headed toward three long time GOP bastions that have become Democratic-learning battle grounds in the historic presidential contest.

Obama, cruising comfortably ahead in national and many battle ground state polls, started his day with a late morning rally in Jacksonville, before heading to events in Virginia and North Carolina.

His efforts are being buoyed by former presidential candidate, Al Gore, former President Bill Clinton and his wife, Senator Hillary Rodman Clinton, as well as other top democrats who have tightened their hold on the country with the aim of wrestling power from the Republicans, whose eight years in the White House have failed to produce the desired effects on majority of Americans as well as the economy.

It is widely believed that the President George Bush administration had alienated a lot of Americans due to its unpopular war campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan where trillions of dollars which could have been used for the benefit of American people, were wasted.

This belief, coupled with the present global financial crunch, according to political pundits, across the world, makes Obama the ideal presidential candidate for the White House.

Can anyone tell me why this link won't work??????

[edit on 10/16/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by Scooby Doo

And this proves what? Its another personal assumption from another author of another newspaper. This is somehow evidence? Can anybody here explain how this evidence again?? You have an Hawaiian state authenticated short form birth certificate sitting online and yet you fellas continue to search and believe what somebody else says? Is it that easy to convince you?

This.... this here shows us how low the Obama-ineligibility movement has gone. This is certainly a text books definition of desperation.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

Common sense and intuition can often determine fraud and false election. Most people are not capable of this it seems. So, you get another Bush or Obama who further controls you.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady
[mo

never mind

[edit on 123131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

heh, why post the screenshot when you can post the actual link?

IT STILL WORKS. And yup,

Kenyan-Born Obama

Linky from Obama's Hell

yuppers, click it and see! It works, and the story is still there!

Another reporter totally mistaken too! Well how about that.

We need to send all these reporters back to fact-checking 101!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

You mean why is the link broken? [DONT CLICK] For example: www.abovetopsecret.com... =reply&fid=95&tid=510585&pg=20&pid=7347523

If that is the case, when it ask you to provide a link name change it from the URL to something like SHOCKER: 2004 Headline: "Kenyan-Born Obama...".

For example....SHOCKER: 2004 Headline: "Kenyan-Born Obama..."

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join