It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I find this thread very amusing. Some of the same people in this discussion who are constantly trying to show that the US govt is incompetent are claiming that TPTB were able orchestrate a vast conspiracy to hide the birth place of Obama.

These same people are always talking about TPTB and NWO and all that jazz. Why would these great powers go through all the trouble to get HIM elected? Why not just get some other "puppet" to play the part? Why spend tons of time and energy, eradicating all the evidence of where he was born, when they could just as easily gotten Hilary or any other bilderberg elected?

The government and TPTB, NWO, whatever you want to call "them" are given credit for orchestrating all these great conspiracies that are discussed on this site. Yet, these same posters claim that the govt is to ignorant and incompetent to run health care. Are they all powerful manipulators or bumbling fools? Can they be both?

There are RFIDs in flu shots!!!! But we cant build a proper levee.
The govt has free energy devices!!!!! Yet the US military spends billions on fuel to march forward.
TPTB control everything!!!!! Yet most govts seem to not have very much control at all.

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

If the claims are so ridiculous and your position so unassailable then why do you have to engage in misdirection to prove it?

The fact is that back then, in Hawaii a Mother could walk into a hospital, claim to have given birth at home and would be issued a birth certificate but not a long form one with footprints, hospital and Dr's name.

Since the official story is that he was born in a hospital in Hawaii people want to see the long from certificate with hospital, Dr's name and footprints on it.

I really don't have a dog in this fight but I don't like a great deal of what I see going on with both sides of the issue. This is a conspiracy website for people who believe, usually for good reason that conspiracies do take place. Asking to see the proving documentation is not only a perfectly valid request, its completely in line with the ATS mantra of "Deny Ignorance".

The refusal to show that long form certificate just keeps the question open for debate as do the various court dismissals which only reinforce the conspiracy.

If you like it or not really doesn't matter. If even one citizen of this country wants to see valid, legal proof of eligibility then he or she has that right. This attitude that people have no right to even ask the question or should accept a short form certificate which fails to provide that assurance (posted on a partisan website none the less) is one of the most anti-American things I've seen occur in a long time.

As long as the true certificate is withheld the question will remain open. I have yet to see a single valid reason for leaving it that way.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I'm not going to get into all the reasons why "Joe the conspiracy theorist" doesn't have a legal reason to view the birth certificate, I have posted it many many times. If you want to know, look it up yourself. I have already posted it. Besides it's off topic, this is about a bull dunk article in some African newspaper, with no byline and no AP archived link.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
People talk differently in that side of the world, especially when you translate it.

What really would literally mean "He was Born of this land" , or "His blood is of this land" or "He was born of our peope" typically gets translated as "He was born here" "He was born with us".

While the author may have wrote this in this variation, he is writing on a website for his region in a language that is not native to their people at all. Thusly, English is likely not his first or primary language, but enough to land a job in media which may very well be funded with Western money.

People in many foreign countries have great pride in their cultures and may simply imply something that is not true, but it is the easiest way for them to say with pride at stake.

You can see it in Hispanic people all the time here in the states. Even Cubans or Ricans born here may be told by older folk "you are Cuban" or "you are a born Rican" . The statements may obviously contradict known facts, but it is a simple statement of pride of their culture, and it will especially manifest in the event one of their culture reaches a particulalry important status of influence or prestige.

I believe it was simply a matter of cultural pride and lack of English gramattical knowledge that lead to this headline.

Did not a single other media outlet in Kenya write an article on Obama's rising political status during this time, and if not, then why not?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Holy Crap. I read through all 22 fracking pages so no one give me any CRAP about not being diligent. Obama is not a US citizen. I do not know where he was born and neither do you.

So the TIME has come-January 26th to set the date-so to speak to find out. Judge Carter has set the date. I hope to hell TSHTF and our constitutional government gets back to brass tacks.

If we do not stop the madness we will all be destroyed.

S&F OP and I have starred a few along the way. The site should think about .25 star removal for asshats that star just for the hell of their friends positions.

SG BH DENY IGNORANCE-I cannot stand either party, you can at least open your eyes and admit corruption on the liberal side.

I HOPE THE REV STARTS SOON OR ALL THIS PARANOIA IS GOING TO WASTE

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Damn!!! This has been a hot one!! I have been reading for hours and checking a few references on the side and I am finally catching up.

In my reading I note a few obvious conclusions, the folks employed by the Whitehouse (yes, our tax dollars) to infiltrate and sway discussion on the media and web are having a tough time right now keeping up. I recognize some of their serious efforts in this thread and I have to commend them for attempting to fulfill their assignments to the best of their abilities. (I like to get my money's worth when I can.)

A couple of points I would like to explain.
1. Regarding the "SO WHAT!" response attributed to Obama, the official transcripts do not reflect the entire debates but rather the massaged version that the television station broadcast. The complete un-edited versions containing that particular exchange were supposedly broadcast twice by C-Span in April and May of 2005.
2. The Constitution of the United States of America and it's Amendments are the law of the land which is applicable regarding this issue. All other laws regarding citizenship are secondary.
3. Until the Supreme Court rules on the definition of the term "Natural Born Citizen" as utilized in the Constution and amendments thereto this dog will not lie down.

Where do I stand??

If the man was honest and legal he would have nothing to hide and would have released all appropriate documents to the public a long time ago. In my mind there is no further proof necessary, his refusal to come clean means that he is a fraud and ineligible for the office to which he has been elected.

Obama and our Congress are boiling the frogs called "Democracy" and "Freedom" and most Americans are sitting on their butts around the campfire and watching.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I added a bit more to the above post. Would you like to comment on it?

Isnt that more of an assumption? You feel things are removed, changed, other people claimed the Bomford BC was put there after the fake Kenyan one to discredit it, other people feel that fact-check.org is an Obama disinformation site while ignoring the facts posted on there and the fact the founder was a staunch Reagan supporter.

You have your suspicisions sad_eyed_lady but its up to you to back it up. Mere suspicions dont call for smoking guns a supreme judges, solid evidence does.

He speaks with no accent why are these reports assuming he was born in Kenya?.

Could be a range of reasons. All I know is that when you come across 100 articles, and 3 of them contradict what the others say, it calls for alittle more investigation as to why they came to that conclusion. So far all Iv seen from people like you are more "claims" and "assumptions". If your going to "talk", I suggest you have actual evidence to back. I see an article, I see what somebody claims on an article that can only be linked through one source and thats that. Its going to take more inorder to claim more.

Maybe these older news stories were based on old archives that we don't have access to.

A friend of mine purchased the rights to view some of the articles by the AP regarding Obama. He could find no such article as posted in the OP but strangely did find articles specifically on Ryans in July of 2004. It sends alarm bells if he couldnt find that specific article that is suppose to have originated from the associated press. Now, obviously this is from another person, its not solid evidence. But I'd suggest you purchase the rights to viewing some associated press articles, go and search specifically for that article posted by the OP and that will indicate whether the article is authentic in any case.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Holy Crap. I read through all 22 fracking pages so no one give me any CRAP about not being diligent. Obama is not a US citizen. I do not know where he was born and neither do you.

And you came to the conclusion over what? Enlighten me over the evidence again.

Judge Carter has set the date.

Oh great, another court date to come and go. Wonderful. Why do you waste your time on Taitz and Berg? Seriously? Have you seen the amount of times their cases have been dismissed? You cannot accuse somebody based on speculation or evidence. Im sorry but the article and its claim are speculative. This assumption that this is some how evidence is a mockery to the United states justice system.

SG BH DENY IGNORANCE

Put the evidence where your mouth is good sir.

I cannot stand either party,

Thankyou for reassuring us your undoubted impartiality in this matter. Great show of independence over the matter.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old Farmer
If the man was honest and legal he would have nothing to hide and would have released all appropriate documents to the public a long time ago. In my mind there is no further proof necessary, his refusal to come clean means that he is a fraud and ineligible for the office to which he has been elected.

May I have your real full name, social security number, address, names of immediate family members, and all jobs/schools associated with such? The logic is that if there is nothing to hide, you would just release everything anyone demanded to see right?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
OMG! Honolulu did say that Obama was born somewhere else!

Because we know that newspapers can't be faked right?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Originally posted by Old Farmer

May I have your real full name, social security number, address, names of immediate family members, and all jobs/schools associated with such? The logic is that if there is nothing to hide, you would just release everything anyone demanded to see right?

First I would actually post all my personal information right here on this forum if it weren’t against ATS Terms of Service. I am not afraid to do that nor should I be for I am what and who I am and there is no escaping that and there is no hiding that.

The Government and employers ask those same questions all the time to average citizens with every expectation that that the citizen will comply to establish who they are. One entity the government has the legal power to compel people to reveal that information the other entity employers have the economic power to compel people to reveal that information.

People, average people reveal this information all the time.

It is not like people do not already know Barack Hussein Obama is Barack Hussein Obama. It is not like he is not protected by scores of Government Agents sworn to protect him at the expense of their own life.

What personal risk do you honestly feel he is taking and what danger is he really being placed in to respectfully comply in completely identifying himself to the American people, since after all he leads the American people?

What you are suggesting is a pitiful excuse as to why the person who holds the highest office and most important person in the land should not have to comply in doing something that people who mop floors at McDonald’s are asked to do just to get a job mopping the floors.

Basically all you are saying is you don’t want to know the real truth and don’t think anyone else should want to know the real truth.

I want to know the real truth and I don’t because Barack Obama refuses to do what someone who wants to work for McDonald’s has to do.

At the very least it makes him guilty of being an elitist hypocrite.

What it might reveal is relevant to the people of the nation who are his employers. He serves us, we don’t serve him.

We pay him, he does not pay us. He is a publicly elected official and has every obligation and responsibility to demonstrate his complete qualifications to his eligibility for that office by fully identifying himself with the proper legal documents that are required for a person to lawfully establish them selves as a known entity.

[edit on 16/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by Southern Guardian

www.wnd.com...

I would like everyones opinion on this "Birth Cert" for Obama? It appears that he was born in Kenya?

Is this legit? Or is it a hoax? It is recent but I have not heard anything since.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Simple question, have any of you ever voted for a president in your entire life?

I know I haven't. I can't, I have voted for state officials, propositions, Senate members, House members. But I have never voted for the President.

If someone doesn't vote for the president, do they have the right to look at his constitutionally protected information? I mean if you have never voted for a president what right do you think you have to qualify the president?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Political Fraud. Already discussed in the above link. It's fake as my above newspaper. (I just admitted it right away
)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I'm not going to get into all the reasons why "Joe the conspiracy theorist" doesn't have a legal reason to view the birth certificate, I have posted it many many times. If you want to know, look it up yourself. I have already posted it. Besides it's off topic, this is about a bull dunk article in some African newspaper, with no byline and no AP archived link.

Oh, My post was off topic when I was replying to your post which was all about the short form certificate? I love it, you make an off topic post and then complain when people reply to it that they're "off topic".

Are you just instinctively dishonest in debate or do you use that tactic intentionally?

AP wire service articles are not archived in the online AP news website - those are two different divisions of the company. Also, its not unusual for AP wire stories to be unattributed (no reporter / writer name listed).

Like I said, I really don't take one side or the other on the issue beyond observing the conspiracy and the dishonesty on both sides of the fight.

If there's no conspiracy then why is someone working so hard to hide the evidence? Numerous news articles have been scrubbed from the archives, this very article is on it's way to join them and millions in legal fees were spent to make sure a great deal of Obama's public records will never be seen.

It's been my experience in conspiracy investigation that people don't hide evidence when there's nothing to worry about. Then again, I don't expect half of the ATS membership to understand that since a growing number of them have zero interest in any of the forum subjects other than to represent their political bias. It would be the absolute greatest thing for ATS ever should the leadership decide to re-focus on that.

Conspiracies are by their very nature hidden and requiring more than the obvious to uncover. Denying the very act of researching them out of political bias should be against the T&C, IMO.

Why isn't the use of the term "birthers" treated as the political baiting tactic that it is, while we're on the subject? To me it just looks like more political bias driving an agenda to shut down the conspiracy investigation / research by ridiculing it. I don't understand why that is allowed on a forum which claims to celebrate conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by Scooby Doo

And this proves what? Its another personal assumption from another author of another newspaper.

What would have prompted the author to say Obama was born in Kenya? Are you saying he just "assumed" he was from Kenya for no reason as he wrote that article? Wouldn't he have gotten the facts straight before it was finalized?

[edit on 10/15/2009 by bl4ke360]

Have you never seen a newspaper make an error? Perhaps one of Mr, as he then was, Obama's aunts or cousins told the reporter that her nephew/his cousin was about to be sworn in as a senator. He looks online, sees that Mr Obama is indeed to join the ranks of the ruling class, and assumes that a kenyan's nephew is also kenyan. Nationalities tend to run in families, and we don't know how seriously the reporter took his job, or how fast he had to write to make his deadline. Or to scoop all the other reporters in Kenya.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Oh, My post was off topic when I was replying to your post which was all about the short form certificate? I love it, you make an off topic post and then complain when people reply to it that they're "off topic".

No, if I posted the reasons that he shouldn't be forced to show his birth certificate, that would be off topic. Not your post.

As I have said, I have posted those reasons already. So it's on here, I stand by them.

Now, as far as this issue, I just don't buy it. All this time this issue never came up. All of a sudden it appears?

And what about the Keyes/Obama quote that never occurred? I list the facts and no one says a word. Someone posts bull dunk and it gets tons of stars.

Conspiracy theory is about finding the truth. Not about how high you can stack the cow manure.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Barack Obama and Barack Obama.

Two different people, sharing the same name.

One is unquestionably from Kenya and was born there.
The other one may well have been born in Hawaii.

The difference? One is the father, one is the son.

Do journalists make mistakes? Yes. Is it possible the journo made one? Yes.

If you americans didn't have this crazy penchance for giving your kids the same name as your own and adding a number on the end of it, life would be so much easier, and - I suspect - the hysterical trough feeding we witness from the partisan hacks on this issue might well not be happening.

But sadly, rational thought is dead. As I said earlier, the article proves nothing, except that the journalist who wrote it may have got one of his facts wrong.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
For those saying that they'd like to see the original AP article, I found this link to the Associated Press archives. The only thing is that you have to register and give more information that I would like (Address, phone number, and things of that sort).

You actually tell the truth when you fill out those forms?

Name. Josephus Aloysius Bartholemeus Arminius Blow, Jr.
Address. The Manor, Candy Cane Lane, Northpole, Alaska. 94305
Phone number. 666-666-6666
Date of birth. 07/04/1776
Email. not@home.com

(for email you go to yahoo and get a throwaway email addy that you only use for the purposes of signing onto websites.)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join