It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It may have already been said but they spelled his name wrong and the site 'eaststandard.net' no longer exists (if ever?) and a lot of their archived links go nowhere...

It could easily be a faked pages but who really knows... even if it turns out fake he could still be Kenyan. I think we are meant to find out that he is Kenyan anyway just do not know when! It would play into their hand so well with the chaos

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Those are archived pages, so they would lead nowhere.

Here is their current page:

www.eastandard.net...

If you want to know more, why not go directly to the source... You'll find enough to get started here:

www.afdevinfo.com...

Really, someone who has time should do that, I don't I have to leave in a while.

Contact the source directly, and get them to explain that headline!

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
16.) "Voting "Present" is Common In Illinois Senate." - NOT EXACTLY, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.

Did you personally check into all of these "points" from rense.com? I have read quite a few things there are either inaccurate or just impossible to confirm.

The reason I ask is because this sentence right here does not even make sense. Are you addressing "no" votes or "present" votes? "Present" is FAR more common than you seem to put forth but you do it by changing it to "no" votes. I am just curious if you looked into this at all since there is really quite a difference.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
As we look at the masthead of the paper we might want to ask ourselves if national pride had something to do with an unsubstantiated claim.....

"The Standard Ltd
I & M Building, Kenyatta Avenue,
P.O Box 30080, 00100 GPO, Nairobi-Kenya.
Tel. +254 20 3222111, Fax: +254 20 214467, 229218, 218965.
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
News room Tel: +254 20 3222111, Fax: +254 20 213108.
Advertising: [email protected]"

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Actually most people do assume since someone has Kenyan roots and a Kenyan name he must be from there as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I've received word from the original source that one of his contacts still in the media has located corroborating versions of the AP story on micro-fiche archives of US-based sources (trying to ascertain exactly where)... but that the specific story is unavailable from AP subscribers.

More info as I have it... and hopefully a copy or two of the other sources.

Stay tuned.

It would be very interesting to see this evidence. Your friend of a friend who knows, but doesn't know, where the evidence is has caught our attention. Lets see whet your friend of a friend can provide.

It would be very interesting indeed.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Maybe his Kenyan granny was a source for the article.. She was so proud of him being Kenyan and all.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I've received word from the original source that one of his contacts still in the media has located corroborating versions of the AP story on micro-fiche archives of US-based sources (trying to ascertain exactly where)... but that the specific story is unavailable from AP subscribers.

More info as I have it... and hopefully a copy or two of the other sources.

More info... such as it is... below.

After some emails, and a mildly pleading phone call, we're not going to get scans of the micro-fiche that allegedly shows the story -- as is, misspelling and all -- carried in print editions of two US newspapers, and one more english language paper from the African continent.

The reasoning is that the source (who works in media) will be using them for an exclusive story for which more research is ongoing. While, on the surface, that may seem like good news, I strongly suspect we'll never see it.

Sorry, we were hoping for more, but that's all I got.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Well thats just flippin great. Either the exclusive will never see the light of day. Or the reporter wont.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Hi ACORN, how have you been? I have been waiting for you to pop up on this thread. You have now proved beyond a shadow of a dout who you are and what you are doing on ATS. Thank you.

It is just a matter of time until Obama resigns or is impeached, then arrested and tried for treason in time of war. If in fact he is not a citizen at all, he will be arrested for the biggest case of FRAUD ever.

" The Freedom you have in America has been won by the blood, sweat and tears of the American People, That Freedom has been carved in stone deep inside the shores of this land and it will be defended forever from who ever by the blood, sweat and tears of the American People." Those who dare to try to take that FREEDOM away will be fools!

Eye of Eagle

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Exclusive story???
Or is it exclusive after you told him about it?

Where did this story first break, if not here at ATS? And how can it be exclusive at all---

IF IT'S ALREADY HERE AT ATS????!!!!!!

:shk: No comprendo.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Exclusive story???
Or is it exclusive after you told him about it?

From what I know, he began working on it yesterday. He's a "friend of a friend" kind of thing... he didn't hear it about the story from us and my contact used to be a co-worker with him.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I agree, the story is not so excuslive anymore. If any of this is true, then this has to be brought to light ASAP.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ok Scooby, anti up. WHERE did you hear of this first, and WHEN??? Please?

And btw: I've been checking on more archives from that paper, which operated from March 4, 2000 to June 13, 2008. That was a long standing paper and there are GOBS and GOBS of stories every fricken where on that "once was" online edition. There is no way that paper is concocted for this purpose. NO WAY.

I think Obama is busted. AGAIN.

Edit again. Went back and looked to provide proper exact dates of archives.

[edit on Thu Oct 15th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Obama is not a black person.

Obama is a mulatto.

Get it right.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Just a thought....

Print editions should still be around...

I wonder if any of those issues from the days surrounding the OP's piece, credited to AP.. could be sitting in someone's newspaper stack...

If a few of the print versions could be found and verified, could that help to identify the cyber cleansing?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
[sarcasm]As we all know, all newspaper reporters check their sources and ensure that their facts are correct. Therefore, if we see a reputable paper reporting something, we can confidently rely on the facts to be true.

This proves, conclusively, that Obama was born in Kenya, because an AP reporter said so. End of discussion.[/sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I saw it pop up first on freeper.

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I still wonder who wrote the article, and if the article is a legitimate Associated Press article. It would be interesting to find the specific reporter on this story and see what they say about the headline.

Sorry, but a newspaper story is just words on a screen until the source of the story is verified. I could say that Obama was born on the moon, as long as no one questions me about it, it's completely legitimate right?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So let me get this straight....

An *unknown* journalist writes a story (supposedly for AP) claiming Obama is "Kenyan born", which is posted on some (no longer existing) Kenyan news website, it gets archived.

And SOMEHOW that story is MORE CREDIBLE(!?!) / BELIEVABLE(?!?) than the official records of the State of Hawaii?

Can you say "cherry picking"?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join