It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Scary End Of The World Article

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Warm rainy days, and cool cloudy nights also describes the weather here in upstate NY as well.....hmmmmm

I am camping out Friday night and will keep a sharp look-out for falling stars...lol

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
tell you all what. Anyone who agrees with this idiot Aussie bloke put your money where your mouth is I got 10,000 us dollars that says the world wont end this month.
Any takers?

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by mwm1331]

AB NEVER said the world would end. He said there would many survivors who would to start over. Not that I think it is all true. I have no idea. BUT many people on this thread have misquoted what the ol' bloke said!

God

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
www.lifeofanactor.com...

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by God]

Well somehow my post got screwed up. I don't feel like typing the whole thing out again.

The point I was trying to make is that what Aussie Bloke is saying sounds just like this movie. Ironically, the movie started with 3 asteroids.

Another link. us.imdb.com...

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by God]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yea Pete, I live inw estchester and there has been strange weather and it has been really really hazey. I dont think that has anything to do with anything but I dunno. I dont think we will be hit by the tsunami so we are somewhat safe. I dunno, this could still be real or fake it is possible. Maybe not probable but possible. Has anyone bought duct tape just in case? heh, like it would really help?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hi! I used to post over at GLP but I have a trust isssue. I've been visiting here for awhile and this place seems very normal. As for the weather here in TX the weather has been weird and I am leaning towards believing that something is going on, everywhere.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't know. I live in Texas also and the weather actually doesn't seem all that weird to me. The traditional hot as hell and humid, but I'm closer to the coast.
As for AB, it could swing both ways. I've been keeping up with this topic, and although the information is "somewhat" credible, I just have a hard time believeing it. As someone else had said, maybe I'm just in denial because I want to believe that I'll actually be able to see my kids grow up.
On a side note, considering yesterday was the first day of hurricane season, I'd sure hate to see the "asteroid" hit coincide with a hurricane.

As for the ships that were deployed in the Pacific, I find it plausible that they might be there to destroy any incoming objects. After all, if we have been having contacts with Alien beings, don't you think that we would've asked them how to avoid such a catastrophe. That's if you even accept/recognize that extraterristrial beings do exist. Just a thought......

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by cheshire cat]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here is an interesting read from NASA regarding our "strange" weather:
www.nasa.gov...

This is not as interesting but revelent:
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Look at this. It's from the cassiopaea site.
www.cassiopaea.org...

(The following is written in the middle of the page)

July 11 1998
Q: (A) Where is the periodic comet cluster?
A: Not visible. It approaches in "scatter pattern," indicating that one or two of the members may have already made the circuit.
Q: (A) We have been told that it will look like one solid object at first.
A: Yes, but not necessarily only one grouping. Will show up first in the region of the Magellanic Clouds.

They are talking about some comet cluster and a "brown twin star" that are coming.
I came to think about those texts as I saw this link.
img78.photobucket.com...
The magellanic clouds are located a bit below the Musca and Carina constellations.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well...I just got done reading at GLP that the Monitors created this whole thing. I think it is in poor taste to scare the hell out of everyone for a "controlled experiment". I suggest you all check it out. Go to god like productions and then to their forum and for today's date 6/2/04 it has a posting RE: Aussie Bloke - posted by the Monitors.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
could we have a link?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
for those without google and/or fingers

godlike

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think the true answer was in the begining in AB's 1st post were he mentioned Planet X. The rest is all a red herring to as he implied to keep from being wiped clean.

"They have attached all sorts of names to it...photon belt....nibiru....."

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by mtsquad]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Anyone could have posted as THe Monitors. I doubt they did it. They actually never like to admit to anything. And if they knew something they would not walk away from the fame.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It has been my scientific belief if a meteor/asteroid of any substantial size was to strike land on earth it would disrupt our magnetic field. Our magnetic field is so low at the moment as it is. The magnetic field of the earth has been decreasing ever since the days of Noah from the geological evidence we have from our earth. Prior to the estimated times of Noah we went through a similar cycle of the magnetic field decreasing. All geological evidence also points to great changes on earth every 200 - 225 million years and the markings of evidence of all of this is under your feet in the earths rocky ground. Guess what? We are around 225 million years since the last cycle. In science if you have a magnet and hit it with a hammer it disturbs or even eliminates it's magnetic field completely for a brief period until the vibration from the initial strike calms. A large enough asteroid could have the same effect on earth only on a grand scale. If an asteroid 2 miles wide hit earth it is my belief we could suffer pole shifts or major tectonic plate movement forming great mountain ranges. aswell as loss of gravity. Earth also could temporarily lose it's connection and orbital path with the sun. Maybe that how the planets between mars and jupiter collided in the early stages of our solar system? Any other scientists who can confirm or disprove this theory? It is true with magnets of smaller size so why not earth which is a giant magnet and an asteroid which could hit earth like a giant hammer.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Raphael]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Does anybody have any links to good survival websites? Oh, tonight the moon seemed bigger than normal, is that normal??

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I would just like to also add that those of you who decide to call someone crazy based on their belief of something is no different then when everyone told Noah he was crazy and lost his mind when Noah was building an Ark in the middle of the desert.. Maybe it is time to stop worrying and find out how much you truly put your faith in God.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Raphael]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this 'concept' picked up by any of the main media channels yet.
I'm not referring to the alleged asteroid impact itself, but rather the meme that now surrounds it.

Googling it only links to all of the forums that are now carrying the story ...

... and, assuming for a moment that the diamond anomaly/planet X is actually moving towards us - err, would there not be some significant gravitational effects by now ?

Almost as an aside: I've been getting some really good locks on the GPS satellites over the last few days, with better accuracy than I've seem for ages - did I not read somewhere (who knows where now tho') that the GPS sat's would be 'turned' as one of the 'markers'. I'll keep any eye on the GPSr reception over the coming days anyway.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You are all to be commended for your exemplary performance these past several weeks. Your unwitting participation in BLIND SKIES has proven most informative, and quite frankly entertaining to many project members. To say that it got out of hand would be an exercise in understatement. We picked GLP precisely because it was out of the way, off the beaten path of usual internet surfers. It suited our needs perfectly. Unmoderated. Anonymous posting. We couldn�t have asked for a better testbed unless we had built it ourselves.

Rest assured, Elaine is in no way part of this. She is/was as unaware of the true nature of our experiment as the rest of you.

Our initial hypothesis was straightforward enough: Given the barest minimum of verifiable evidence, ordinary citizens of average to above-average intelligence could be duped into wholesale belief in a catastrophe scenario, provided there was ample corroboration from equally ambiguous, non-credible sources.

We never anticipated the myth spreading beyond the confines of GLP. When the conservative website, Bushcountry, picked up the story, we realized that our initial models had failed miserably to account for the �word-of-mouth� potential inherent in the internet. At most, we thought perhaps a few other fringe sites might get on board, but it�s obvious to us now that it�s only a matter of time before a mainstream media outlet syndicates this content, at which point the story will explode into something far beyond our ability to control.

In fact, it may already be there.

We should have spoken up sooner. This all moved so quickly, we just weren�t prepared to adapt to the monster we had unleashed.

For our own protection, because it�s becoming abundantly clear that civil/criminal litigation may result from this experiment, we cannot and will not identify ourselves, nor will we reveal any details that might readily be traced to us. We�re confident that using IP logs will prove frustrating for you, at best.

Because of the overwhelming success of this project, we will not be apologizing. You all behaved exactly as we had predicted, falling into 2 camps on either side of the issue. The believers held fast to every scrap of datum, whether it was credible or not. The non-believers grew frustrated and angry as their attempts to apply logic and reason were ignored. Anger and dissent grew and grew, and ultimately the entire story devolved into an unintelligible mass of contradictory assertions and accusations. We are acutely aware that even our own admission in this forum will be viewed as yet more hoax material, albeit more cleverly crafted and well-thought out than standard fare for these pages.

BLIND SKIES began with an idea. The now-legendary SNOWBALL INTERCEPT provided the impetus we had been looking for, the final piece of a puzzle that had been confounding us for the past 14 months. It was the perfect backstory for a disaster scenario that would be easily accepted. Few people have any real knowledge of astronomy. Fewer still know much about the socio-political environment that modern astronomers operate within, and when one of our members suggested using an invented Australian astronomer to further muddy the waters, we knew it was time to release.

To be honest, we have no knowledge of the validity and/or credibility of the so-called SNOWBALL INTERCEPT. We have no affiliation with it whatsoever. We only used its existence to further our agenda. That current world events have proceeded in such a way as to lend perceived credibility to our fiction is by no means our fault. Many of you fail to appreciate the power of coincidence. While we had anticipated that at least some activity in current events would affect the outcome of the project, we never expected nor modelled the possibility of so many "dots", as some of you have called them, coming together around our story.

We planted the seeds with NOTED & WARNED. Just enough credibility to whet your appetites. We did hire an astronomer to assist us with the final stages of BLIND SKIES, so that we could craft messages containing sufficient truth to warrant further investigation. Following up with AUSSIE BLOKE, we added fuel to the fire in the form of a fictional, curmudgeonly astronomer whose conscience had finally moved him to reveal the details of an impending catastrophe to a select group of forum visitors on an obscure website.

Some of you saw through the veil. Some of you, even after reading this, will continue to insist upon the reality of �AB�. While we predicted that some people would continue to believe even beyond the scope of the project, we did not anticipate the enormous numbers involved. Because so many people remain convinced (and will continue to remain convinced, even after reading this), we elected to release this message as a means of covering our collective behinds from whatever legal fallout remains ahead of us.

We�ve told you it�s not real. We�ve provided you a credible, logical explanation as to why it isn�t real and given you some insight as to what its true purpose was. In our eyes, we have absolved ourselves of at least some of the guilt that is surely to be laid at our feet in the coming days and weeks.

AUSSIE BLOKE has taken on a life of his own here. Our last use of him was the �vacation� message. Similarly, NOTED & WARNED has not been used by us for several weeks, and yet forum messages continue to appear, ostensibly implying that they are from these purely fictional characters.

Many of you picked up on the PLANET X elements in our story, and that was intended, as well. There are already many believers in this (we are not among them), and they provided a reliable base group that we could reasonably expect to buy into our story relatively early on.

BLIND SKIES is not, as many have claimed, a �PSY OP�. Although we have an affiliation with the government, our mandate was not intended to be any sort of disinformation campaign, mass brainwashing, or subliminal manipulation. We conducted a serious experiment to study the panic reflexes of a virtual community, and quite frankly the experiment ran away from us. AUSSIE BLOKE has now become our Frankenstein�s Monster.

We applaud the efforts of so many of you to find the �facts� behind the fiction. We were impressed by the fact that many people realized their lack of astronomical knowledge, and sought to follow AB�s advice and LOOK TO THE SKIES, and INVESTIGATE FOR YOURSELVES! We cannot say that we aren�t pleased with our role in inspiring a new renaissance in the field of astronomy.

Near Earth Objects are a threat to our planet, and someday perhaps there will be a scenario that closely matches what we created for BLIND SKIES. However, that day is not today.

We will continue to monitor these forums, along with many others, and we will continue to collect the data regarding your responses. Even the release of this message was factored into the experiment, however as we have already stated, we never anticipated releasing it to such a broad audience.

One interesting result that we had not considered was the various religous and prophetic threads that have spawned as a result of our experiment. One project member commented that it was encouraging to see that faith is not dead in the world.

And so, to you believers, I say be careful in what, and in whom, you place your faith and your trust. And, to you non-believers I say, continue to keep up the fight for truth and reason, because you are logic�s last line of defense.

With regards,

The Monitors

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeok
Oh, tonight the moon seemed bigger than normal, is that normal??

Yeah -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

skyandtelescope.com...

"Wednesday, June 2
Full Moon tonight (exact at 12:20 a.m. Thursday morning Eastern Daylight Time). This is the largest full Moon of 2004, because the lunar perigee falls on the same date. This arrangement will also cause especially high and low spring tides. "

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtsquad
I think the true answer was in the begining in AB's 1st post were he mentioned Planet X. The rest is all a red herring to as he implied to keep from being wiped clean.

"They have attached all sorts of names to it...photon belt....nibiru....."

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by mtsquad]

Check out these links

www.apollonius.net...

www.apollonius.net...

paranormal.about.com...

Having read all AB's posts I recall him pointing out the "anomally" being the real show and how it didn't need to impact the Earth to have the effects he was describing. Magnetic flux or interfernce and gravitational pulls could trigger big changes.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join