It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Scary End Of The World Article

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Shiffee
For our own protection, because it�s becoming abundantly clear that civil/criminal litigation may result from this experiment, we cannot and will not identify ourselves, nor will we reveal any details that might readily be traced to us. We�re confident that using IP logs will prove frustrating for you, at best.

The you should not have used the e-mail address assigned by your German broadband provider to register. www.t-online.de...
HOAX!

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

And they reckon that LEA don't have the ability to trace IPs through proxies these days? Are they in for a shock when they get the knock.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If this had not been proven a hoax, these stories would be freaking people out today---

"Toby Smith, a University of Washington astronomy lecturer who specializes in meteorites, said scientists were looking into the cause of the skybursts reported over a wide area about 2:40 a.m.

Witnesses along a 60-mile swath of the sound from near Tacoma to Whidbey Island and as far away as Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, 260 miles to the east, said the sky lit up brilliantly. Many reported booming sounds as if from one or more explosions."

www.adn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.katu.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is the problem with this kind of hoax. Now a lot of people have lost interest in the evidence we have regarding at least one other planet and possible a dead star "in the outskirts of the solar system," and also in the evidence we have regarding abrupt climate change.

Now, the evidence of the possible 10th, or 11th, planet and a companion dead star does not tell us that they are anywhere near the inner solar system. All the evidence points that "if" they exist, they are at the fringe of the Sol system.(our solar system)

Likewise, althou we have evidence that abrupt climate change has happened in the past in less than a decade and the evidence seems to point that we are slowly entering one, "it will most probably not be like it was depicted in the movie The Day After Tomorrow."

Also as some people have said, this hoax could have probably done a lot of damage already. The people who perpetrated this hoax should be liable for everything they might have caused.

This is one of the reasons why people should not jump to conclusions so fast. Also, whoever thinks about taking their lives when some hoax like this one appears in the internet should really seek psychiatric help, or some kind of counseling, as this suicidal tendency does not appear out of the blue.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I hate to be so wishy-washy about this but�..has it really been proven a hoax?

I must admit when the comet neat fiasco started a year or so ago, I bit big time�I mean hook, line, sinker, and sailor!! I was scared to death�I only wish I hadn�t told my wife about the impending disaster �neat� was bringing now�hey wait a minute maybe she had something to do with putting me in the room�am I thinking or typing�@#$%...typing�sorry brain fade.

Seriously�these kind of hoaxes are dangerous to say the least�if they are hoaxes for sure.

There are a lot of things that would add up if there were something big coming. Ships at sea, release of the day after tomorrow, predictions of others than AB.

I don�t know what to make of all of this, but I will believe something when I see it�hopefully we won�t be seeing anything of this come to pass.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is a huge hoax. After all John Titor never mentioned anything about meteors hitting earth!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Many of you people out there are so easily changed from one opinoin to another. He sitting there now sayingf that it's a hoax and just as fast as you believed him you now think it was a joke.
Did you ever think that maybe he was threatened when he wrote that or he just wanted to laugh into your faces about how you are no longer going to know of your death when it comes, or maybe the government already killed him and typed to all of you that it was a hoax.

And you all beleived in a second.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
No, I figured he was an attention starved loser who was talking out of his a*s from the beginning.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Who knows for sure...hoax or not...this will be debated at least until the countdown ends on June 20.

Then the next doomsday stories will start! I think sometime in Sept is the next due date for a know NEA.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by templersstorms1312
Many of you people out there are so easily changed from one opinoin to another. He sitting there now sayingf that it's a hoax and just as fast as you believed him you now think it was a joke.
Did you ever think that maybe he was threatened when he wrote that or he just wanted to laugh into your faces about how you are no longer going to know of your death when it comes, or maybe the government already killed him and typed to all of you that it was a hoax.

And you all beleived in a second.

Come on, lots of people smelled a rat with this and thought it was probably a hoax. Just read through the hundreds of posts in this thread and you'll see healthy scepticism from the start.

It's not surprising people were taken in by this, many elements of it sounded highly plausible.

In reality though, hoaxing something like this on GLP is like pushing against an open door because so many people want to believe it.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
anyone who beieves anything they read on an anonymous forum is an idiot

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
anyone who beieves anything they read on an anonymous forum is an idiot

True!

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see...

Words to live by...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So IS it a hoax or NOT????

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Not that it will matter if AB is right, but with everything else in the news that is going on that we have found while investigating this story, even if the sky doesn�t fall, something is up!

As such, I am offering FREE accounts at Operation Contact (operationcontact.com...) for now. If interested, register and disregard the part about subscriptions. When you are taken to the subscription screen after registration, simply click the Return link and login.

Operation Contact is a VERY SIMPLE system for use by families or groups to allow them to get back in contact with each other following a disaster. Go take a look and it will be obvious. And if AB is wrong, hey, you still have a free account!

Best regards to all!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lily3214
So IS it a hoax or NOT????

Who Knows, Lily

One thing for sure...there is/will be a reason to debunk either side of the story.

I'm not too worried, I think my wife and I will still be able to take that long awaited Holiday this fall!

Please People don't take this doomsday stuff too seriously...it will only ruin your day, and if any of it is true, ther aint a durn thang we kin do 'bout it!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The primary clue was his insistence that he could not reveal his identity as "they" (meaning the ptb) would shut him down and close GLP. However, he was banking on the fact many don't realize that, contrary to popular opinion, if the government wants to track you on the net, they can whether you're using a proxy server or not. Anonymous posting doesn't offer any protection from the government. So the concept that he absolutely had to stay anonymous in order to protect his identity from the ptb was a farce. He took advantage of the anonymity of GLP because he knew it would provide him some cover from the average internet junkie, to keep them from learning the truth of who he actually was and to allow his little charade to melt into a string of disinformation that had people chasing their own tails to keep up. Had he said he was trying to protect his identity so the lunatic fringe wouldn't show up on his doorstoop and harrass him about the end of the world, he might've retained some credibility, at least for a few seconds. But the fact he laid this need for anonymity at the feet of the ptb made me realize he was engaged in tomfoolery.

I still believe the prophecies regarding a possibile, futuristic asteroid strike, and the dreams people have had in this regard, and the fact many astronomers feel it's just a matter of time till something like that actually does happen. But when gaping holes appeared in his initial postings, prior to the "vacation," there could be no doubt that it was his credibility from the beginning that was in question. The rest of it was just more of the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by uglurker
Not that it will matter if AB is right, but with everything else in the news that is going on that we have found while investigating this story, even if the sky doesn�t fall, something is up!

Agreed...Something is up! This is giving us something to do until we find out what it is, at least!

If I don't get away from this computer and get some work done today then...THAT'S IT...I'm firing myself

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well put, Undomiel

I have been using this article lately as "yeah right, you want us to believe what?" thing. We should be dead now according to...Mr."Oh Absolutely"-DB (the mouth piece for AB)

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by rcoreyn]

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by rcoreyn]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet but, here is one of several meteor stories of late.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

More fuel for the non-hoaxer side...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yet more Grist for the Rumor Mill

www.montrosepress.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Grind .....Grind .....Grind

www.adn.com...

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>