It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Scary End Of The World Article

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I didnt read every post, if i repeat something i apologize. lets relax things a bit...

Tidal waves are just that, a wave created by the ebbing or flooding tide. they run anywhere from a few feet to over 45 feet in the bay of fundy nova scotia. and they occur twice each day as the moon and the oceans play out their dance. children usually play in between the tidal waves as ocean creatures are plentifull and interesting to watch.

a Tsunami on the other hand is a wave generated by seismic, volcanic, meteor or other natural occuring event. the tsunami travels at about 500 Miles per hour, and is barely noticeable in the deep sea. Its when it gets close to land that the trouble begins, as the wave Piles up on itself and can reach incredible heights. The tallest recorded wave was 1400 feet high, in alaska, in the early 50's, a result of a landslide on the opposing shore.
There is no sense worrying about anything like this. If it comes, it comes, and nothing on earth can stop it. You will become part of the Universe again, and your atoms will mix with the earth and water, the same place they came from.
The Universe can be thought of as a perfect recycling machine, everything comes back sooner or later. Enjoy your life, its the only one you get, so dont waste it worrying about things you cannot control.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense
MyMindsEye> I aim to be one of those pockets of survivors. Water will be very much sought after until the dust clears from the atmosphere. Water filters of any type will be more precious than their weight in diamonds. People will kill over a sickly cow or horse. Fertile land will be incredibly valuable. Greenhouses are a must.

But I will survive.

Arent there many places like this already with civilized life going on. The AC may get too expensive for the average person to afford. If you did not know already it is way too much for the average person on Earth. It would be hell for most reading this post if they were born away from poverty.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.godlikeproductions.com.../28/04&replies=9&PHPSESSID=5c641de4864fad4496e5c420551aa5ef

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by ScoFe]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Tidal waves are just that, a wave created by the ebbing or flooding tide. they run anywhere from a few feet to over 45 feet in the bay of fundy nova scotia. and they occur twice each day as the moon and the oceans play out their dance. children usually play in between the tidal waves as ocean creatures are plentifull and interesting to watch.

I know the difference. Its just that tsnumami is so much harder to spell and everyone knows what i/we mean when i/we say tidal wave

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i found a post in AUSSIE BLOKE VOL #4:

"OMG HAVENT U WORKED IT OUT YET - DO AN ANAGRAM OF AUSSIE BLOKE YOU STUPID F*CKS.-
MAN YOU ARE ALL STUPID AND I DO MEAN STUPID"

OK i did an anagram of AUSSIE BLOKE and got, among many:

ABUSE LIES OK

as i said there are many and this probably ain't the best one. The LIES bit does stand out though.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have to agree with Darkblade71. It's really all conjecture, theory, and panic. The end of the world has been predicted and passed many times. I also agree with those who think that eventually there will be a natural disaster that will wipe us off the face of this earth. There are factual remnents of impacts, ice ages, etc... It really boils down to a matter of time. It could be today, tomorrow, or a million years from now. A car wreck, a robbery, or a disease could take anyone of us. Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die... kinda selfish. Ask yourself, "Who have I wronged and why", "Do I measure up with those who have gone before me?", and "Did I make a difference?"

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Undisputed: The Asteroid DOES exist and it is as big as a city. After snooping around CNN website I found this article. Keep in mind scientists discovered the asteroid in 1989 folks and we are just now learning about it. Interesting.....

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
lol, i also found this on a website...

National Weather Forecast on 28th May 2004

It should be damp in the W overnight, but drier in the E, Temps down to 7 in the NE, closer to 12 in the SW.

Tomorrow will start sunny in the far West and NI, cloudy and damp for Central areas of England and Scotland, but sunny in the East.

During the afternoon showers will effect Western and Central areas, with some heavy showers in particular for Northern Ireland, the damp weather will now effect E coats of England and Scotland, Temps 15-20 temps dependent more on sunshine levels than location.

Sunday should be unsettled with sunshine and showers, Temps 18-20 in the S, 13-15 in the N.

Monday will see further rain push in from the W, but there is low certainty in the exact track of the rainfall and location.

Looking ahead, a giant dust cloud is set to cover the earth on the 8th June, causing complete and utter darkness, there may be showers of rain, hail and the odd fragment of disintegrating space satellite, and snow is possible later in the day as a nuclear winter descends.
Further comets are set to due Later on in June, causing cataclysmic damage to the planet, but it least it will be mild.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I clicked on the link to the new Aussie post and it seems the site is down

Is it just me or are others getting it also?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
no the site ain't down, but very very slow...give it a few minutes. BTW it ain't a post by THE aussie guy, it's a fake

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

BTW it ain't a post by THE aussie guy, it's a fake

Right. Because the next post date for AB stated himself was/is may 30. So until then anything AB says is held in extreme suspicion, and even when/if he posts on may 30 his style should match his previous posts...

[Edited on 5/28/04 by NothingMakesSense]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi all, I've been following this particular thread and noticed something a bit strange this evening. I'm an Australian currently in Holland(and I'm not 'Aussie Bloke!')
Tonight at aprox. 8pm, I noticed the moon positioned in the west.
Later at approx. 9.30pm, the moon had moved into south position.
Nothing really strange about that so far. But, at approx. 11.30pm, the moon had moved back to its west position? Now I'm no astronomer, but I didn;t think that was right.
Anyone have any ideas how the moon could move back and forth like that? Tomorrow night I'll try to take some pics taking note of its position and let u all know if it happens again.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ok, I just talked to dad, he read the copy I printed from what AB was stating and left at his house, yesterday.

Dad said that what AB is saying is interesting, but because of AB's whinning and bxxxhing who no one will listen, instead of just getting to the point of his writings, it makes him wonder. He is staying nutural for now, but will be watching the sky and stars and doing his charts of the stars and planets to keep track of their positions/movements. He said to remind everyone about last year's prediction on that comet/astro., how it was said it was going to hit but didn't. My dad was right out there with other's watching for it with his binoc., every night when it was suppose to be seen.

So , if I get anything new from dad about this, I'll let you know.

d1k

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Ok, I just talked to dad, he read the copy I printed from what AB was stating and left at his house, yesterday.

Dad said that what AB is saying is interesting, but because of AB's whinning and bxxxhing who no one will listen, instead of just getting to the point of his writings, it makes him wonder. He is staying nutural for now, but will be watching the sky and stars and doing his charts of the stars and planets to keep track of their positions/movements. He said to remind everyone about last year's prediction on that comet/astro., how it was said it was going to hit but didn't. My dad was right out there with other's watching for it with his binoc., every night when it was suppose to be seen.

So , if I get anything new from dad about this, I'll let you know.

Thanks

Can anyone confirm this info about the moon? There have been lots of threads about the moon acting weird lately.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

re:strange moon?

wrong thread dude; this belongs here.

I doubt that the moon acting wierd has anything to do with an asteroid.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Apologize for the double post

Can anyone confirm this info about the moon? There have been lots of threads about the moon acting weird lately.

Trust me you don't want to get involved with this topic here on ATS.

This argument which spans several threads consists of two camps, both claiming they have the trumping evidence to support their side of the argument.

"Yes it is acting strange, you're just not looking hard enough" < insert random links here>
"NO its not. you're paranoid and stupid shut up" < insert random links here>
The above are the two sides of the argument.

I have no opinion. As far as I know no observatory or anything has confirmed it. Could be a result of atmospheric refraction which results in skewed readings but please for the love of god don't start that crap about the moon here.

[Edited on 5/28/04 by NothingMakesSense]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why do u think it's the wrong thread, dude? I thought it might be constructive to look at all the possibilities. That's quite an anomaly to occur, and it might just be a part of what might, or maybe might not be happening.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
dolphinguy2004... There is nothing wrong with discussing the Moon topic. Thats what ATS is for. You might want to read "The wobble is real II" thread. I'm watching the moon also as is a friend and several others. Something is up big time.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If an asteroid is on a collision course you would think the U.S would have some kind of weapon to stop it, all these hundreds of billons of dllars have to be going into more than just aircraft and ships.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

If an asteroid is on a collision course you would think the U.S would have some kind of weapon to stop it, all these hundreds of billons of dllars have to be going into more than just aircraft and ships.

OK some problems with anything to stop it.
1) these things are moving at greater than 1/2 the speed of light. That's really fast.
2) if we blow it into smaller fragments it might make the problem worse because now you have a lot of still pretty big pieces that now can do damge to a larger area.
3) Asteroids come in so many different forms one wepaons system most likely couldn't take care of all the threats
4)you would have to deploy watching and firing stations all across the world

So in summary its really hard to do anytihng about this.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join