It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Mass Delusion

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
weather something major happens on this date or not to me isn't the issue the issue for me is knowing why I was sent here.

But this has nothing to do with 2012.

I have no doubt that an event is going to happen that was to be an extinction event. Our families from the skies are here and trying to lesson the blow.

Are you sure you have absolutely no doubt of extinction?

Many of us have been sent here to help when this time comes and as time passes abductees that agreed to come here to help will wake.

Time is ticking

You've been sent here to help? You are a chosen one?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
Te calendar ends its cycle on that date, but when they were around, that date didn't exist.

Then how would one know it ends at that date

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Follow the Delusion as talk of 2012 gradually turns into talk of 2012-2017.

No surprise here. All false prophecy gets extensions.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'll join you in that generous offering of $ 1 million if the world ends!

Is it to late for me to accept the bet...?

(That's a good one; it sort of reminds me of an inscription in a pub in Scotland that says: "Free beer tomorrow"... :-))

I do feel a bit sorry for people who are just waiting for this date. I know some people who are "weary" and looking forward to the "transformation" that will take place on that date. I can't imagine being them and waking up on Dec. 22.

So do I. Especially because some - perhaps many - of them are the kindest, most sensitive souls, who simply cannot stand this world as it is (and who could blame them?).
I remember one of the people who replied to an early post of mine regarding another supposedly "momentous" date (December 11 or 23, 2007, I think). She was SO nice and so hopeful; and my heart bled for her even before the date came.

Then again, I also remember the problems I had to simply get my point across when I first asked on this site: where did all this stuff come from, all of the sudden (because I don't remember it being around before the early to mid-1990s)...
I had to research it myself - which is always a good thing.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
Especially because some - perhaps many - of them are the kindest, most sensitive souls, who simply cannot stand this world as it is (and who could blame them?).

If they were really that sensitive, they could sense the scam.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There are serious indications that there were advanced civilisations before us and all disappeared "overnight".

The cycle of nature....therefore I belief that indications like the Mayan calender should be taken seriously. More so because the Mayans knew about stuff that hundreds of years later proved to be facts and real.

It will not harm to be prepared for as far that is possible and it will also not harm to continue as if nothing will happen.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
There are serious indications that there were advanced civilisations before us and all disappeared "overnight".

Yes, and so? Has nothing to do with the year 2012.

The cycle of nature....therefore I belief that indications like the Mayan calender should be taken seriously.

There are no indications of 2012 in the Mayan Calenderr.

More so because the Mayans knew about stuff that hundreds of years later proved to be facts and real.

They didnt know any more or less than other cultures around the world (whose Calendars end at all kinds of different dates)

It will not harm to be prepared for as far that is possible and it will also not harm to continue as if nothing will happen.

You think Millions of people wholeheartedly dedicating their time, money and entire life to a Delusion is no harm?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Where are the facts then? Who were those civilisations?

Prepare for what? We can't even do anything about a tornado, if anything happens it will happen anyway and the results will be how they were ment to be.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Uhhhh....?

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Yes, and so? Has nothing to do with the year 2012.

No,... but yes,... but no,...but yes... maybe it has to do with the cycle before 2012 and 2012 to be next event of the cycle.

The cycle of nature....therefore I belief that indications like the Mayan calender should be taken seriously.

There are no indications of 2012 in the Mayan Calenderr.

No?....than why is everybody busy with the Mayan calender and got because of that fixed on the year 2012?

More so because the Mayans knew about stuff that hundreds of years later proved to be facts and real.

They didnt know any more or less than other cultures around the world (whose Calendars end at all kinds of different dates)

That is not true....ofcourse there were other cultures with their own 'advanced" knowlegde compared to less smart ones but there were also cultures that knew nothing about the stars or the number zero which the Mayans prosumably got from the Olmecs...but still.

You think Millions of people wholeheartedly dedicating their time, money and entire life to a Delusion is no harm?

This is more my own view and advice on how to deal with 2012. What those millions of people, you refering to, chose to do is their business and choice. Therefore they should maybe better take my point of view on the matter.

PS: I looked at the preview and it can be a bit difficult to read who said what...my excuse for that.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Where are the facts then? Who were those civilisations?

Well.....I know I must be carefully here.....ATS must have dozens of threads about Atlantis to name one.....and beware...I said seriuos indications...that does not mean FACTS. What about those structures they found underwater near Japan.

Prepare for what? We can't even do anything about a tornado, if anything happens it will happen anyway and the results will be how they were ment to be.

Prepare for what?...... Can you read?

And for your other question...I said..... FOR AS FAR THAT IS POSSIBLE.......

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No?....than why is everybody busy with the Mayan calender and got because of that fixed on the year 2012?

Who is "everybody"? A few drugged-out hippies and their cult-following?
Since there are no numbers on the Calendar, there is no way of saying what they meant by it.

That is not true....ofcourse there were other cultures with their own 'advanced" knowlegde compared to less smart ones but there were also cultures that knew nothing about the stars or the number zero which the Mayans prosumably got from the Olmecs...but still.

If 2012 has any special meaning that would mean the Egyptian, Jewish, Hindu and many other Calendars are false. Luckily 2012 does not have any special meaning anywhere.

What those millions of people, you refering to, chose to do is their business and choice.

Sure it is - but you said that there is no harm done if nothing happens 2012. Except for the Millions wasted on merchandise and books and all the heart and devotion people invest into an Illusion.

PS: I looked at the preview and it can be a bit difficult to read who said what...my excuse for that.

You had one quote-box too many.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Don't forget the kids crying themselves to sleep because they're scared of 2012.

This whole thing disgusts me to the core. This is why we have science! So we don't have to run around like cavemen being scared of our shadows (or tales of shadows to come). It's pathetic.

Right now children's college funds are being spent on 2012 merchandise by their believer parents, as they think kids won't be going to college past 2012. When Dec. 22nd 2012 rolls by, those kids are screwed.

No damage done? As you said - hardly.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
the only one that taught me anything on this thread was ET-man, so thank you, you reached someone without critism over what or who how one beleives. I needed someone to recite the message of others to me.. yep a vessel..

IF it is fact that a brown dwarf exists in our solar system, then perhaps the 2012, perdiction is nonsense but the brown dwarf coming around earth is not.

IF it has been defined and identified I am sure their is a good chance we have one in our solar system. whatever that means.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
One other thing, how did the mayans know about our calendars? If all of the mayan literature has been destroyed except for very rare artifacts besides cave drawling how do these archologist, know where to start counting this mayan calendar, and how can they come to the conclusion, that the calendar ends on 12-21-2012. The only thing I see odd for this date is the cosmic events. I would love to see some links or explanation to how these guys and gals can come to this conclusion so conclusively.

I have read many pages and still have not seen how or what scientific method, was applied to make this a fact, that the mayan calendar ends on our romulus date of 12-22-2012... (whatever they say it is.)

Sure I will be waiting awhile for a step by step scientific method..

not trying to make people that beleive in this sound rudiment in the mind, but what the heck.. I don't think THEY, as in the ones screaming the loudest about the sky falling, can even prove it!!

So here is one of those reality, and cartoon moments.. Are you watching the cartoon? Or are ya in it?

Which is which?

[edit on 4-1-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Any body not well within our solar system doesn't have enough time to swing by and hit the Earth in 2012, so we're safe on that matter

This whole 2012 thing is a massive insult to science. All these folks with no scientific education saying that the fantastic scientists at NASA and other space agencies are somehow shills for some government line is disgusting.

But, as you said, the science of the believers will never materialise, as they don't have any. The Mayan calendar repeats, just as ours does. Our world didn't end on New Year's Eve, we just started a new year.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
This whole thing disgusts me to the core. This is why we have science! So we don't have to run around like cavemen being scared of our shadows (or tales of shadows to come). It's pathetic.

Funny that you mention this because Jose Arguelles, the original creator of the 2012 Myth, believes in a society in which we should all go back to primitivism and "the natural environment" and get rid of technology in order to save the planet.

I bet that many of these 2012ers arent even aware of that.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

They cant be aware of it. History channel doesnt teach them about that man, and if they were aware then they would have to go along with getting rid of the only means they have of spreading the ridiculous fear. Their precious intenet. Without the internet they have no audience for which to spread their profound knowledge and understanding of the Maya. Give me a break.

I wish they would go shove their Maya mumbo jumbo up their dark rift! (Props to Infaredman)

[edit on 11-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ring ring ring, hit that buzzer noise again.

Originally posted by Geladinhu
What you did was basically like discrediting Christianity by proving that the God that some people that call themselves Christians believe in can't exist.

Don't know if you understand what I'm saying.
You are saying that the phenomena doesn't exist basing your ideas on the ideas of other people about the phenomena.
That doesn't really mean much, not for me at least.

The world ending? Thats just a ridiculous and absurd notion that should be understood as a metaphor.
A symbolic date for a historical change? More likely.

We have a good case here of "I don't want to believe" in my opinion.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Geladinhu]

Haha this is starting to get funny. I wonder how many people think so. Well said.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Interesting Thread: 2012 Totally Debunked

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
As 2012 draws closer several threads and reports on 2012 are opened day by day by day by those wasting their lives in Escapism instead of improving the world Today.

Transformation is never in the Future, it is always in the Now, Today.

Transformation is never in the Outside World, it is Within You.

Happiness is a Resulst of leaving Delusions such as 2012 behind you.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join