It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Mass Delusion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
You are right...the world is not ending in 2012.

I was sick of hearing the Planet X/Nibiru thing and the Myan thing, so I started looking it up.

The world is not ending in 2012, however, there will be some problems.

I found many things on NASA's website that occur that year and start that year.

Massive solor storms, two Near Earth Asteroid flybys, two Planetary transistions, and two Solor Eclipses.

The heavy solor activity will knowck out power and communications. The gravitational forces will cause flooding along the coastal cities.

Don't prepare for the end, but prepare for a serious disruption to power, communcations, and supply chains.

Below are links to the NASA data.

sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

ilws.gsfc.nasa.gov...

xd12srv1.nsstc.nasa.gov...

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

legislative.nasa.gov...

cfa-www.harvard.edu...

impact.arc.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Just ran across another viewpoint concerning the 2012 meme...
and this statement is from a really abstract thinker...

www.dangerousminds.net...

Here’s a telling anecdote, it’s all I have to offer you on the subject: In the mid-90s I had the occasion to ask Timothy Leary what he thought about Terence McKenna’s theories about 2012. He sat up in his chair—he was in horrible shape at this point, I should say—fixed his gaze upon me and wagging a finger in my face, sternly told me,
“Terence McKenna is a High Episcopalian!
He was raised to believe in the end of the world in church on Sundays. There is NO SCIENCE to any of this.
He took psychedelic drugs and he interpreted those experiences via his own nervous system, which was pre-disposed to want to believe in the end of the world in the first place due to childhood imprinting about the Book of Revelations!
If you believe in these things, why not just become a Christian and then at least you’ll be in the mainstream!”

If you buy into this stuff, you need to ask yourself WHY that is. Is it residual Christianity that you thought you shook off, but didn’t? It’s a valid point

==well, read the link & see what (the also late) robert alton wilson had to remark on the early days of 2012

thanks,
besides there's a very old skit on a youtube video, linked in the blog post

about 'doomsday'

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Incorrect Prophecy Almanac

Notice especially the many "Nibiru" dates that were "CERTAIN" and did not come true.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The 'end' of the mayan calendar only points to the end of a cycle (inside other cycles).
When talking about 2012, i feel the Mayan calendar is but one drop in the sea:

Dire Gnosis

Particularly, I enjoy its news section: Dire Gnosis News

I think cycles are the missing concept in our culture. We have day and night, spring and autumn, a precession of almost 26000 years, and i dont know how many cycles-caused-by-earth-movement . So, what if there is someway to systematically record such cycles? I suppose that Terence McKenna, the mayan calendar and the I Ching between othres are trying to grasp those cycles.

What happens if we take into account the rotating cycles of the sun?? and the rotation of the galaxy?? the 61 million cycle of life on earth??

I agree is quite true there have been a lot of 'false flag' events like years 1000, 1666, 2000, etc. Maybe this need of prophetic days has so much success with humans because our subconscious do grasp the cyclic nature of the universe. So 2012 may be just another false flag... but the NASA data about galactic alignment makes me feel it is not just another year.

Lately, my favorite author about this subject is David Wilcock:
2012 enigma

My 2 cents...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Im crying, ascension robes
.. I swear if I come across a website selling those then Im buying a set!!

I swear people just love the drama & excitement of it all.. they cant quite cope with the idea that we have no major events or anything in particular to look forward to. Which is understandable really considering the crappy state of the world at the moment.
What makes me believe more and more that that is the case though is that there doesnt seem to be many full on believers of it. You get plenty of people arguing to the death about it, but are any of you actually doing anything to protect yourself from it? Because you cant really expect others to believe such an extraordinary claim when the supposed believers dont fully believe it themselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
HMM

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The 2012 Phenomenon is a mix of doomsday-prophecies or new-age-prophecies, depending on perspective. For me its nothing more than a mass-delusion. I say this not from the viewpoint of a Skeptic but from the viewpoint of a believer in spiritual realities...spiritual realities which the 2012-movement denigrates.

The 2012 movement was developed in the 1970s by Jose Arguelles. The authorized biography of Arguelles portrays a man who suffered phases of depression, hatred of society and was drugged out of his mind on psychedelic substances for most of his life. It was in drugged states that he had most of his "visions" on mayan calendars.

It was also supported by the late Terence McKenna, another promoter of the "psychedelic revolution".

David Icke too had Ayahuasca "visions" of 2012 and began promoting it.

It is also promoted by crowds of extremely narcissistic people claiming to be "star children" or "indigo children".

These people rant on about how special and enlightened the mayans were, when in fact...

The Maya practiced human sacrifice. In some Maya rituals people were killed by having their arms and legs held while a priest cut the person's chest open and tore out his heart as an offering. This is depicted on ancient objects such as pictorial texts, known as codices. It is believed that children were often offered as sacrificial victims because they were believed to be pure
Source

Any person of some metaphysical sophistication understands that time itself is in perpetual fluctuation, that what the Future is and is not changes with every breathe each human takes. Trying to pinpoint an exact date for a future event is a folly because time is flexible and human-made-dates are arbitrary.

Neither are Arguelles delusions actually based on the Mayan Calendar...not to mention the Buddhist Calender, Hindu Calendar, Jewish Calender or any other spiritual time-line.

You will not find a single 2012-follower that can explain how and where exactly the "Mayan Calendar" ends in 2012. Nor will you find ANY indication whatsoever of the following associated claims:

* The Hopi Calender makes no mention of 2012
* Nostradamus makes no mention of 2012
* The Book of Revelation makes no mention of 2012
* The Collision of the planet "Nibiru" with earth was originally predicted for the year 2003. Marketing-tricksters have only recently changed that to 2012 in order to match the mass-hysteria.

If these "hints" arent enough, consider the following:

- The 2012 movement only gained momentum after nothing spectacular happened in the year 2000. Neither did the world come to an end in other widely publicised doomsday and new-age dates: 1900, 1950, 1988, etc.

- There is no reason to dismiss all other calendars in the world which do not end 2012.

- According to ancient Hindu teachings concerning the "Kali Yuga" the "new age" will not happen on a specific date but be spread out over hundreds of years. Actually the industrial revolution and the Internet Revolution of the late 80s are already sufficient indicators of a "new age" having happened.

- The amount of cheap gimmicks and products sold to the gullible, such as survival packs, protection sprays, "ascension robes" star-child-make-up and other such nonsense are evidence of the type of dumbed-down crowd being catered to here.

Psychosis (from the Greek ψυχή "psyche", for mind or soul, and -ωσις "-osis", for abnormal condition), with adjective psychotic, literally means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a "loss of contact with reality".

People suffering from psychosis are said to be psychotic. People experiencing psychosis may report hallucinations or delusional belief

[edit on 22-10-2009 by UpNAway321]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UpNAway321

ya ok buddy.

think whaaa eeva yah want

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well well well. We have alot of non believers. Listen im not worried about a "new planet" coming to earth and hitting us. For all you people who believe they actually know the facts you are probably wrong.

True Jose Arguelles did say that the mayan calendar turns to another cycle on Dec 21,2012. That is the date of ours. He translated it from the mayan calendar system to the gregorian that we use today. (Scientists, historians, scholars have agreed for the majority that the translation of the date is correct by the way).

You should take a look at "Mother Shipton's" prophecies as well. Regardless if Nostradumus did not put a date on this. His and "Mother Shiptons" prophecies are very accurate to the most part. You have to give a credence to them. Any christians out there? Because in the bible it almost co-incides perfectly with the prophecies. As in similar text. The word "Dragon" refers to a comet. I have a great article. Very very in depth. I will provide it at the bottom.

to be honest the thing im most worried about is something called the "Dark Rift". Wether you want to believe it or not. The solstice and galactic alignment are going to come into play. The last time this solstice and galactic alignment occurred was 26,000 years ago.

So ask yourself. I wonder what happened 26,000 years ago? Ok now it gets scary.
The last ICE AGE!

The last ice age was approximated about this time. Now this special Galactic alignment in align with the winter solstice of the Zodiac Sagitarrius (star constellation) goes pinpoint perfectly with Orions Belt.

Now scientists have said. Mayans could not have known this with just the naked eye. Meaning they didn't have telescopes. So with science they researched it, and due to the laws of physics they had to give an estimation. That estimation is from 1980-2016. It has not happened yet. When it does you will be able to see it. Just looking up at the sky. So if it does not happen 2012 it is going to happen soon after.

There are to many coincidences for me not to believe. The I-Ching also speaks of this date. Now nothing ever said "The End of the World". The planet is not going to explode from the inside. But due to the earths failing magnetic field (scientists confirm this) there a lot of unknowns we are not ready for. But EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM SAY it will be a world changing experience. All of them say their will be survivors.
But ove 80% of the worlds population will be wiped out. Personally to me that is like the end of the world almost.

Furthermore. Everyone who doesn't believe says the same thing. The sun is going to rise and set like it always has. How long are most people alive for? 65 years now a days. If you do not know our planet has gone through tons, of "Disasters". Comets, geomagnetic reversals, floods, metorite fragments. You have not seen any of that. But the earth has.

For your ego to be so high that you believe you are the smartest thing in the universe, well is pathetic. You say you feel sorry for the people who wake up on Dec 22 who believe this stuff. Well im going to feel a hell of a lot more sorry for you on Dec 21. Because your not going to wake up Dec 22.

Better to be prepared then pissing in your pants when you see, a 150 ft Tsunami up your ---.

Sleep tight.

P.S. He did have a point when he talked about after 2000 they started 2012. Only reason i say this. The article im about to give you. Is a fantastic read. Take a look at the date though. So i give the thread starter credit for that. But that still takes away none of the proof ive given.

Oh yea the article i promised.
barry.warmkessel.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkrift787

...to be honest the thing im most worried about is something called the "Dark Rift". Wether you want to believe it or not. The solstice and galactic alignment are going to come into play. The last time this solstice and galactic alignment occurred was 26,000 years ago.

just to amplify on 2 things in your fine post,
at this link are Graphics showing the motion of Earth & solar system in relation to the Galaxy center: www.biocab.org...

ALSO; www.biocab.org...

which shows the solar system oscillating every ~13k years above then below the Galactic plane (the crossing of the 'dark rift)
This crossing of the dark rift or the 'World Tree' as the mystical among us call it, is thought to have begun in ~1998 and this rift 'crossing' is thought to have an approximate 12-18 year 'window'

//the actual homepage is this:www.biocab.org...

these graphics gives us a much better comprehension of out orientation in the galaxy & solar system, at least for myself.
(i never knew that the Earth & solar system were rotating close to 90 degrees perpendicular to the Galactic plane) i had the notion we were spinning/orbiting along the same horizontal plane and oscillating above & under that galactic plane.

the 2d item:

The most recent period of glaciation, which many people think of as the "Ice Age", was at its height approximately 20,000 years ago/

www.pbs.org...

and conventional scholars/wisdom says the last 'ice age' ended rather suddenly 10,000BCE or approx 12,000 years ago. Just to expand on your item that the ice age began 26,000 years ago.[at the last galactic rift crossing point in which the Earth & solar system entered their orbital path segment that is 'Below' the galactic plane (or in Mayan religious cosmology the 'Dark' or 'Night' cycle of the much longer calenders)

'O happy days

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
"Nothing will happen, it's just silly!"

Only thing i find silly when people totally disregard the evidence and discredit the date OR believe that those who agree 2012 is important, are all sitting around with clocks just waiting for the day. All to wake up that morning and go "OMG ITS ALL THE SAME" Please. Those of that believe are simply waiting for confirmation but our lives do not revolve around it.

Before anyone makes comments on 2012 they really should pick up and watch "Nostradamus 2012" and read "Apocalypse 2012: A Scientific Investigation into Civilization's End"

I found these both to very informative. They look at ancient civilization predictions and science. For instance, how our sun is behaving. After going through all of that information i found it very interesting and extremely probable that there will be major changes in 2012.

I think a lot of people don't actually EDUCATE themselves on the topic. They rather look at it, laugh and walk away. Considering the Mayans, Egyptians, Hopi Indians, Nostradamus, Aztecs, and even the bible code predict something will happen......corrected me if i'm wrong here....that's a little bittoo much to be sheer coincidence.

What i find even more intriguing is that people, who would never live to see the day, literally revolved their ENTIRE LIVES around that date. Not to mention we still have no idea, even with our modern technology, how the pyramids were built or what exactly compelled people to build them. We also cannot explain how the Mayans could know so much about the solar system being primitive people with primitive ways. Or why they built what appears to be runways. Could it be aliens came to warn them? Could it be future humans somehow made a return to try to prevent future events? Or was it supernatural powers somehow visiting to try to change the course of history??

These are all things to think about. I find it very unlikely they all just centered on a date for no real reason. I also like a mayan quote from the book that says something like "2012 is the age for rebirth, and no birth comes without suffering and bloodshed."

I believe 2012 is the start of terrible things will happen that will shake life as we know it. Many events we have experienced already are leading up to it. However, I compare it to biblical stories such as Noah's Ark. A terrible flood came but it killed all the wicked people. I believe 2012 to be a similar event. A cleansing phase. Humans today are living more selfishly and destructive then EVER. We have a ridiculous amount of crisis occurring as a result of these choices. Water crisis, Global warming, Hole in the ozone, overpopulation, food crisis, pole shift, world wars, etc etc ----it's all happening and not much is being done to prevent it. Our own country, the US, is ready for a collapse just as Nostradamus predicted. We had no excuse either, people have been warning us for decades. None of us want to suffer, however if it is for the greater good - then so be it.

...and if nothing happens at all, so be it too. We have tons of other approaching problems that will fill the space eventually. I have to say though, this is the only doomsday prophecy i wouldn't be surprised to see happen. As i said though, not an end of the world, just a massive change humans cannot control.

As for other events people might say there was evidence but really..did anyone really believe 2000 everything was gonna end over a COMPUTER ERROR. I know i didn't care one bit as most others did not. We can live without computers.

Far as 2012 goes, it's best to keep an open mind.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

OK, StUdio... after viewing the graphics in the links
it is very clear that our Earth and the Star we call our Sun along with the whole Solar Syatem
AND the local cluster of stars we are part of
are not actually crossing the Galactic Plane..

but we will be 'viewing' / 'seeing' the Apparent crossing of this Galactic Plane on the 21-12-2012 date...

so the minute' gravitation influences which come with this 'crossing over' into the higher side of the Galactic Plane are actually years away?

yes indeed...because the 26,000 year cycle is only a visual event... the physical position of the Earth in relation to the Galactic Plane is subject to the much longer 64MY Solar System oscillation that varies from above to below the Galactic Plane i.e. galactic equator

since the 2012 crossing of the galactic plane is only a visual observation because of our position in space...it would be true to say that 'we' are caught up in a 'self-fufilling prophecy' scenario.
Being that the Earth's location in the galaxy is presently hundreds of years from physically 'crossing' the real life, physical Galactic Plane.

hmmmmmmm....

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Your post illustrates the points I've made previously.

You claim that because "...EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM SAY it will be a world changing experience. " that something will happen. You have to remember that these are mere opinions. The ancient Mayans may have been very clever but they can‘t predict the future, nor can Nostradamus, the Bible (which is a work of fiction by the way) or anyone else on this planet for that matter.

Instead of searching for information that follows your beliefs try doing some real research and follow the evidence wherever it takes you, even if you don't like where it takes you. The goal should be about getting to the truth, not finding information and other opinions that agree with your own. This is a trap that a lot of so-called researchers fall into.
Nothing in your post lends any credibility to these 2012 claims. Your "proof" as you say is nothing more than they predicted, he predicted, she predicted. Where's the physical evidence that what you're saying will happen, where's the hard data, the irrefutable facts that support this, the tangible scientific proof? We're waiting...

Who’s claiming to be, as you put it “the smartest thing in the universe“? Obviously using reason and logic intimidates you.

By the way, I read the article you provided the link for. It was an interesting read but you need to be made aware of the key word here “prediction”.

The meaning of the word “prediction” for your benefit:

1. Statement about the future: a statement of what somebody THINKS will happen in the future
2. Act of predicting: the making of a statement or forming of an OPINION about what will happen in the future

Below is a link to some scientific data direct from NASA regarding Near Earth Objects (NEO’s). Now bare in mind they also state that these are merely predictions to the year 2100. This simply illustrates that even with some scientific data no one can predict the future. If a scientific organisation with the resources to study our galactic neighbourhood and any possible threats can’t confirm if an impact will occur let alone give us a date, how can we expect a thousand year old culture with primitive instruments and a lack of resources (you’ve even mentioned yourself that the ancient Mayans didn’t use telescopes) to give us reliable information on this?

PS I look forward to reading your posts on ATS December 22nd 2012. And yes, I will sleep tight.

Near Earth Object Fact Sheet

Cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by onewhoknowstruth
"Nothing will happen, it's just silly!"

I think a lot of people don't actually EDUCATE themselves on the topic. They rather look at it, laugh and walk away. Considering the Mayans, Egyptians, Hopi Indians, Nostradamus, Aztecs, and even the bible code predict something will happen......corrected me if i'm wrong here....that's a little bittoo much to be sheer coincidence.

Ive researched this probably more than you the last 5 years so please send me a link with proof that shows a 2012 date in these predictions. NONE of the predictions said 2012. Only thing is the Mayan calendar ending thats all.

Not one prediction states " The world comes to a end in 2012"

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
S&F

I agree with you Skyfloating. Mass delusion.

Plus the 'indigo/crystal children'- etc... it's such a joke

Seriously, why do they need the "oh I am special-label" to make themselves a place in the world?- well I think there's an intrisinc inferiority complex which needs to be adressed and thoroughly worked on.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

Ok to start off with. The subjects that i posted of the bible (im not even christian), nostradumus, mother shipton, were for the masses. I was trying to clear a few things up on the posts that i saw early. Those were not based on my beliefs. I was merely giving credence to them. I do not know what your so called research entails. But perhaps you are looking at the wrong places.

"Reason and logic intimidate me" is a far fetched belief or opinion that you have.

Belief- is an acceptance that a statement is true.

If you did not read all the posts how about you look up at the top of the page of our postings. Those are the better references than the one you have posted.

As you say no one can predict or know the future. What does your logic and reason tell you about that. Do you even know why this is. Maybe you should study up on your own research. The principle is because of "Quantum Mechanics" and the "Uncertainty Principle". Also with "Entropy". The basis of your own reasoning is no one can predict the future correct? If you think nothing is determinable you might as well throw your reason and logic out the window. Because if you don't know. That was the main dispute between the subjects "Physics" and "Quantum Mechanics". And do you know how they summed up this argument? The word is "complementary".

Complementary- (of two or more different things) combining in such a way as to enhance or emphasize each other's qualities.

Now with all of these theories, statements, all going on about 2012. You cannot say nothing for certain is going to happen. Because you there would become a hypocrite and "contradict" your own argument. Basically stating that you know the future and nothing will happen.

My objective was never to give you ultimate proof of what is going to happen 2012. Because i do not know. No one knows. Including yourself. I was simply giving good information, from credited individuals, and merely trying to give the reader some information to form their own opinion.

You are one of these people that has the "holier than thou" complex which i was reffering to of my statement "you think you are the smartest thing in the universe". You argue the point which in very subtle terms you contradicted yourself and didn't even realize that.

As you said "reason and logic intimidate me". Well if that is true so be it. But reason and logic completely elude you. Next time if you want to make yourself sound superior or more intelligent, that you rethink that.

I always give credit when credit is due though. So in my future posts i will learn to properly word my sentences so there is no confusion though.

Hopefully you will learn a lesson after reading this.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I don’t care if you’re not impressed by the reference I posted, I was merely trying to illustrate a point, one which you’ve obviously missed.

So your beliefs had no influence on your previous post? Here’s some quotes from that post:

“There are to many coincidences for me not to believe.”

And this:

“Well im going to feel a hell of a lot more sorry for you on Dec 21. Because your not going to wake up Dec 22. “

“Better to be prepared then pissing in your pants when you see, a 150 ft Tsunami up your ---.”

Who’s the one contradicting themselves?

I never said that nothing happening is a certainty, I’m saying no one can be certain of the future. All I’m asking for is some credible evidence to back up your claims. And no, Mother Shipton, Nostradamus, the Bible, are not credible sources.

Reason and logic tells me that the human mind cannot travel/see into the future, plain and simple. I challenge anyone here on ATS to give me at least one example of someone that has managed to accomplish this, one that has been verified by a reputable scientific body/university. Just one official, catalogued case. What you’ve posted above are theories. Anyone can come up with a theory. Again, where’s the hard evidence?

“As you said "reason and logic intimidate me". Well if that is true so be it. But reason and logic completely elude you. Next time if you want to make yourself sound superior or more intelligent, that you rethink that.”

This part made me laugh out loud. Reason and logic elude me? Are you kidding? You’re the one supporting these 2012 claims after all.
I’m just trying to inject some common sense into this 2012 nonsense.

Thanks for the lesson, I‘ve learned something. Trying to reason with people who would rather embrace imaginary claims instead of the facts is a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

Like i said. The top of the page. Had about i don't know 10 credible sources. Go back to the top of the page of our postings. I don't think you read those. they are all from nasa. Talking about solar minimum/maximum outputs. Solar eclipses etc. You are getting to involved of what i post is your neglecting to look at facts. They are there. I did not repost them in my post because they were about 4 posts up from mine. When you read this. Go back up to the top of the page. Look at all the links that were posted. The very first post on this page.

I also said you should take a look at mother shiptons, and nostradumus prophecies.

The fact that i said there were alot of coincidences doesn't contradict my arguement.

LIKE I SAID. IF YOU WANT SOME SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF WHAT COULD HAPPEN 2012 GO TO THE TOP OF PAGE OF OUR POSTINGS.

THERE ARE NASA ARTICLES that have dates that are close to the suppossed 2012 event.

If 2012 is the date these suppossed events take place and they don't happen. GOOD!

Its not like im rooting for a Tsunami or whatever to kill alot of people. Before you argue with me again.

GO LOOK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE WITH ALL OF THE NASA ARTICLE POSTINGS.

After that come back and talk to me. Maybe then we can at least agree to disagree.

Yes i know they are just prophecies. They are he said she said. I know that. It is not just that i am basing my arguement on. So one more time i will say it.

GO BACK TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE OF OUR POSTINGS AND SEE THE NASA ARTICLES POSTED.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I’ve already read those.

1. The rare transit of Venus across the disc of the sun isn’t exactly an earth changing event. 1631, 1639, 1761, 1769, 1874 and 1882, 2004, other than the transit itself, these dates have little significance.

2. Near Earth Objects/Asteroids are nothing new, again not proof of a major impact in 2012.

3. Another prediction. The two scientists can’t even agree on the date. Which illustrates my point, we can only speculate about the future. Sunspots are nothing new and as one of the scientists states they ramp up in cycles. We’ve had solar storms before without any major catastrophe on Earth. Hardly compelling information. This next one may be a “doozy” as they say, but again, we can only speculate as to the severity of this solar storm.

4. That information was interesting but these are investigations into near-Earth space radiation as a possible threat to our “long-distance communications and global navigational system” not a definite threat.

5. Regarding TSI Observation - Inconclusive. It even states: "so far nothing certain beyond 2010".

6. Since when were solar eclipses responsible for devastating/earth shattering events? I don’t see the relevance here.

By the way, these are predictions. If you notice at the bottom of the page it states this. That doesn’t exactly instil confidence that this information is accurate and reliable.

7. The statistics shown don’t show anything unusual for 2012, in fact the numbers are much higher from 1999 - 2002. Poor example.

8. See #6.

9. See #6.

10. . “While our search and discovery efforts have successfully found most of the large, civilization-killer  1-km and larger objects, we are just beginning to find the much more prevalent and, for that reason, more frequently dangerous objects in the 140- to 300-meter size range. An impact by an object in this size range could occur with little or no warning and could cause serious loss of life and property over a broad area.”

This is a very good point. I think that if our civilisation was to be devastated it would happen when we least expect it. I made a post in another thread that for every asteroid that’s detected in proximity to Earth there are at least 10 more that go undetected, objects ranging in the sizes mentioned above. If there is a civilisation-killer asteroid/comet headed our way and its path can be accurately plotted then NASA is keeping quiet about it.

“The 2012-2013 apparition presents the opportunity to substantially improve orbital predictions and determine whether the threat warrants future deflection action.”
Apophis isn’t even acknowledged as a threat on this date. It’s PREDICTED that it will make its close approach in 2029.

This article is interesting, it also illustrates just how slack the response has been to one of the most important things NASA should be investigating. Instead of pouring so much money into projects that involve looking for water on the Moon and Mars (which are also important BTW) perhaps the main focus should be finding an effective way of preventing an asteroid/comet impact. What could be more important than the survival of the human race and protection of the planet? I feel not enough is being done about this. I’ll leave it there as I don’t want to go too far off topic.

11. More estimates but no confirmation.

12. Interesting read but it offers nothing in connection with these 2012 claims.

13. The predicted close approach of the NEO 2007 PA8 November 5 2012 is not considered a threat as it’s closest approach is estimated at 0.04329 AU. Same goes for NEO 2005 GO21 June 21 2012 at 0.04396 AU and Toutatis December 12 2012 at 0.04633 AU.

14. This is a survey program of near-Earth Objects and an analysis of possible alternatives to prevent an asteroid/comet impact on Earth. No confirmation of any major event occurring in 2012.

15. The planned use of rockets based on technology used in the Space Shuttle Program and the Ares-1 rocket have nothing to do with 2012 end of the world claims.

Nothing Earth-changing has been confirmed. There’s just speculation and more speculation. I’m going by history which has proven to me that predictions can’t be taken too seriously as they very rarely, if ever, come true.

PS If you haven’t already, I recommend you read the links above titled:

NASA: 2012 Is A Hoax

The Incorrect Prophecy Almanac

I’d like to know your opinion on these.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
2012- It's fake

If it was fixed that our world will come to end on December 21,2012 at 11:11 ( LOL: how can world be destroyed in one second that the time will not be 11:12 also) then our soUL will really be afraid from decades,

The 2012 phenomenon just started on people's tounge in last 1-2 years
Were we sleeping before that ????

or any angles come at any person home and tell him that start talking on 2012 from tommorow

And the movie 2012 will give the people to talk more about it

believe me it's fake bcoz It recession time from last 2 years and something gossip needed for HOME DISASTER MANAGEMENT COMPANIES to survive in recession time........................

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join