It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Mass Delusion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I dont want to argue with you guys anymore. I see that the majority insists that its 2012, so its 2012. New threads promoting it appear daily.

This is a friendy goodbye from this thread.

Hi Skyfloating,

No need to argue with anyone, aren't people simply discussing on topic and didn't you start this thread in the first place? No need to run away from it and I don't believe anyone is attacking you or arguing with you merely discussing! I think you should carry on with the thread you started but that's just my opinion of course your free to do whatever you choose!

Best Wishes!
ET_MAN

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I agree with you that the world will not end in 2012. Its a transition to a new energy release.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN
I think you should carry on with the thread you started but that's just my opinion of course your free to do whatever you choose!

I disagree. The premise of the thread was calling all who believe in prophecy/predictions of coming future events (this certainly includes you ET_MAN) DELUSIONAL.

Also there is no reason to cross post the same things in the thread you created as well as this one, just point us to particular posts or pages of it, if you wish to reference something in particular.

There is no reason for SkyFloating to have started this thread without thoroughly researching things himself beforehand, and it was pretty much instigating in it's nature. He knows he did wrong, and has apologized. We all forgive him, no harm / no foul. However I don't think he's really quite ready to converse with an open mind about these topics, and for all I care he can just stay out of the 2012 forum for now.

Maybe when many more big EQ's are hitting, and volcano's are erupting he may reconsider.
And maybe on 12-22-12 he will be right here laughing and mocking us...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

And maybe on 12-22-12 he will be right here laughing and mocking us...

It will never happen- even on 10-22-11!
I'm not just another person on ATS throwing out a prediction-I know 100% certainty of this event and will not hold back in telling everyone. The "Evidence/Facts and Proof on a certain level" can be found for one who diligently seeks it. There is plenty of information out there available for all who are willing to find that truth. Those who choose to deny the "truth" and close their minds because it doesn't necessarily sound good to them, well those are the one's who will be left unprepared!It's not about fear/doom N gloom but about being consciously aware of things to come so people can start preparing themselves on a physical, mental and spiritual level. To be Forewarned is to be Forearmed!

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ET_MAN]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN
I know 100% certainty of this event and will not hold back in telling everyone. The "Evidence/Facts and Proof on a certain level" can be found for one who diligently seeks it.

That's wonderful that YOU know with 100% certainty, and want to tell us all. And I agree with you that 10/11 sounds about right on the timeline for this event, and to some degree Evidence can be found to support your predicted date. However 100% certainty and absolute proof for us normal humans in the 3rd dimension, will really only come when we can see this incoming object with our own eyes clear as day outside.

NOTHING you say, no matter your knowledge or convictions, will be able to offer us normal 3rd dimensional humans undeniable proof.

For the record I actually believe your date for incoming natural disasters, and am thankful for you coming forward with this information.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
the ancients cant predict the end of the world.

we know more than our ancient ancestors. hence why we have technology.

we have more brainpower... we dont sacrafice people/animals so it will rain tomorrow.

get real

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

NOTHING you say, no matter your knowledge or convictions, will be able to offer us normal 3rd dimensional humans undeniable proof.

I quite agree, we're not able to know for certain what will actually happen, and I believe that the Bible makes that clear, we will not be able to predict what will happen and when, it's going to be something that shocks us all. The Bible also says that there will be a great lie that most people will believe, and we don't know what that lie will be.

As far as Nibiru goes, I'm really not sure what to believe. The evidence is compelling, especially NASA's sudden turn around from being so sure something was out there that they sent a IR telescope out to find it, and then when they look at the results they slam the door shut and claim there's nothing to see. I've been on NASA's site a few times and I see they have posted up some "questions" about Nibiru, and they've put up some of the most stupid sounding questions, filled with bad spelling and grammar, and then they ridicule the (presumably fictional) authors. Considering how many well educated professionals who believe in the existence of Nibiru, I find it very curious that NASA would take this approach to debunking it.

None of this "2012" stuff is conclusive, and it's not a bandwagon to be jumped on. I believe that what may be coming up may be bigger than any of us can imagine. Again, I'm using the Bible as a reference, but that's because whilst I wouldn't class myself as a Christian now, I do have a strong Christian background, so that's what I know best. The Bible says that when things are at their worst, we're not to be frightened or worried, because all of these things are birthpains, and have to happen, but will pass. Perhaps those birthpains are more literal than we realise. Maybe in this universe of "as above so below", our souls are still in their gestation period, only able to comprehend the material. We're about to be born into our spiritual childhood, and we've a lot of growing up to do.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

You are right. Thx prooving me ats team is not full of 2012 believers, thanks...

Damon

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sciencenewby
the ancients cant predict the end of the world.

we know more than our ancient ancestors. hence why we have technology.

we have more brainpower... we dont sacrafice people/animals so it will rain tomorrow.

get real

How do you know what the ancients can and can't do? They built structures we still would have problems building (especially since we put a money value onto the earth's free resources).

There is evidence that the ancients also had technology. We have no way of knowing how much or what it did. We can assume it probably helped them build the big structures, which would mean that it's more advanced than anything we currently had.

We don't know that we have more brain power either. As for killing/sacrificing, in a culture that was aware that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience, they would not view physical death as the end, merely a way of resetting the physical experience and starting again fresh.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Another viewpoint presented here;

...We currently are in the final years of the 13th baktun, or as the ancients said, oxlahun pik. --- that some investigators refer to as the “Great Cycle.” ... The close of this immense period of time is now rapidly approaching.

I confess that when I first began to hear about the 2012 date, I couldn’t help but smile at some of the outrageous claims and outlandish speculation coming from a few of my fellow New Age spiritual seekers...((some of my fellow New Agers describe Maya as highly evolved spiritual messengers from a distant constellation. These extraterrestrial Maya come, it is said, to guide an increasingly disoriented humanity at this time of unprecedented socio-environmental crisis.))

However, as I’ve delved deeper into the subject and learned from wiser souls, I now find myself far less inclined to dismiss the 2012 phenomenon as I once did, as merely baseless assertions fed by media hype. I was genuinely amazed to learn, for example, that Maya astronomers were so brilliant that they apparently had the capability to set up their 13 pik cycle of 1,872,000 days with a zero date on a solar zenith passage over five thousand years ago and project accurately ahead to a closing date on a winter solstice in 2012, ,

Maya have described human evolution in terms of our advancement through sequential world ages. According to Maya mythology, each age’s stage of humanity was mercilessly terminated by divinely inspired catastrophes before a more evolved and properly respectful being could be created.
In Maya myth, the creator beings’ previous experiments in making proper human beings failed due to people’s lack of capacity for reverence..

So when people ask me, “What will happen in 2012?,” no clear answer arises. Could it be that ancient Maya were aware of dimensions of the human experience that we moderns can no longer even imagine due to the culturally specific blinders we’ve grown accustomed to wearing? ? Might there actually be spiritual entities who are taking this opportunity to facilitate a collective enhancement of human awareness?

Our current best “scientific” guess is that we are hurling at incalculable speeds through incomprehensively vast space with but a glimmer of knowledge as to who we are or where we are going. In this limitless all-directional cosmic context, we humans are ill-prepared for saying much definitive about very much at all, much less about such extraordinarily esoteric concepts as world ages and the evolution of consciousness.

Instead of solid answers, more questions arise.
Might the recent “return” of the Long Count calendar into human awareness, after an absence of many centuries, be an archetypal alarm clock ringing in from the collective unconscious?

Might personal mythologies about the Maya and 2012 developed by New Age mystics take on a life of their own and coalesce into real change on a societal scale through processes of self-fulfilling prophecy?

Is 2012 merely an ingenious New Age marketing scheme or is it a subtle tipping point in humanity’s collective consciousness towards heightened spiritual illumination? I really don’t know.

...it must also be pointed out that little content in the 2012 phenomenon has much substantive basis in the Maya world. Apart from the recent publication by Maya novelist Gaspar González on 2012, nearly all writings on the subject of 2012 have been written by non-Maya who have little experiential familiarity with the Maya world..

Robert Sitler's first exposure to the genius of Maya culture came in 1976 while hiking in the rainforests of Chiapas. Since then, he has spent as much time as possible in the Maya world, visiting regularly among natives from more than a dozen language groups. He is currently director of the Latin American Studies Program at Stetson Univeristy in DeLand, Florida.

10-14-09 www.realitysandwich.com/clearing_road

the whole article is much more detailed, & worth th few minutes it takes to read,
thanks

[edit on 15-10-2009 by St Udio]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I haven't even seen anyone care about 2012 Maya Calendar during the 90s when I first stumbled upon it in a documentary on TV. Once the Popular Bandwagon came it's already in everyone's mouths. It has become the "Hip" thing.

Herd mentality. It's just so human.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

What is your need to call people narcissits for their belief's?

There are many things which are happening and which we have discovered that will change much of the Earth, and will affect every human being.

I don't think, nor believe that the world will end in 2012, and btw i was part of the 2003 Nibiru discussion in AOL in which Hazelwood was claiming Nibiru would hit the Earth, most of us who had some common sense in that thread knew that there were no indications, and no proof that what Hazelwood was claiming was going to happen.

Yes,. Hazelwood, and the lady from Zeta talk were/are charlatans, and have been making money from all of this. However there is some truth about the 2012, althought it is not that the world will end.

If you had done any research on the topic you would have found a lot of information which even NASA, and ESA are corroborating.

I started a thread in the "Fragile Earth" forum in which I compiled some old information which i have given before, and some new information which deal with Climate change, but also with what will be happening around 2012-2015 more or less.

I have only to show you a couple of pieces of evidence which shows something that will change the world will occur around this time, and that's just a couple of pieces of the puzzle.

NASA Study Suggests Giant Space Clouds Iced Earth Eons ago, giant clouds in space may have led to global extinctions, according to two recent technical papers supported by NASA’s Astrobiology Institute.

One paper outlines a rare scenario in which Earth iced over during snowball glaciations, after the solar system passed through dense space clouds. In a more likely scenario, less dense giant molecular clouds may have enabled charged particles to enter Earths atmosphere, leading to destruction of much of the planets protective ozone layer. This resulted in global extinctions, according to the second paper. Both recently appeared in the Geophysical Research Letters.
“Computer models show dramatic climate change can be caused by interstellar dust accumulating in Earth’s atmosphere during the solar system’s immersion into a dense space cloud,” said Alex Pavlov, principal author of the two papers. He is a scientist at the University of Colorado, Boulder. The resulting dust layer hovering over the Earth would absorb and scatter solar radiation, yet allow heat to escape from the planet into space, causing runaway ice buildup and snowball glaciations.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System

PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Monday, August 18, 2003
Source: Artemis Society

Until ten years ago, most astronomers did not believe stardust could enter our Solar System. Then ESA's Ulysses spaceprobe discovered minute stardust particles leaking through the Sun's magnetic shield, into the realm of Earth and the other planets. Now, the same spaceprobe has shown that a flood of dusty particles is heading our way.
What is surprising in this new Ulysses discovery is that the amount of stardust has continued to increase even after the solar activity calmed down and the magnetic field resumed its ordered shape in 2001.

Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Sun's magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Sun's equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012.

www.spaceref.com...

This influx of interstellar dust will increase as much as 10 times by the end of this solar cycle, which happens to be in 2012.

Not only that, but we know that the Sun's activity is now at the slowest rate that it has been for at least 100 years, and if it continues at the pace it is going, we will experience another LIA (Little Ice Age) This plus the fact that more interstellar dust is entering the Solar System could put us in a really bad LIA, or worse.

But, we also know that the Earth's magnetic field is now weaker than it has been for thousands of years, and there have been very large breaches in the magnetic field of Earth which tells scientists the Earth is in a transition period for a magnetic flip, which noone knows exactly when it could occur.

As I said years ago in this same forums, since more interstellar dust is entering the Solar System, then more charged particles, plasma, gases, etc would also be entering the Solar System. Now it is being reported that more charged particles are entering the Solar System.

Like a wounded Starship Enterprise, our solar system's natural shields are faltering, letting in a flood of cosmic rays. The sun's recent listlessness is resulting in record-high radiation levels that pose a hazard to both human and robotic space missions.

Galactic cosmic rays are speeding charged particles that include protons and heavier atomic nuclei. They come from outside the solar system, though their exact sources are still being debated.

www.newscientist.com...

Anyway, I posted more information in the following thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But hey, you can believe whatever you want, even when scientific evidence is pointing to the fact that very soon there are going to be great changes that will affect everyone on this planet.

Perhaps you should have done some research before claiming all of this is nonsense.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There's just too many things that are coming from scientists that are due to occur in 2012. That's a big convergence of serious S to hit the fan.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
BTW, there is another possibility, which even Michu Kaku talked about and said could bring big changes. Since the Earth's magnetic field is weaker now than it has been for thousands of years, if the Sun's activity picks up suddenly in the form of large sunspots, as has been prognosticated by NASA, these would affect satellites, as well as our electrical and electronics systems, including those on the surface of Earth, not to mention that such an increase in radiation from the sun will also affect us, as well as animals causing mutations, as well as more cancer. That is only if nothing worse happens.

This is the video with Michu Kaku talking about what could possibly happen in 2012. There are more possibilities of course.

www.youtube.com...

BTW Michu Kaku does not say that surface equipment will be affected, but we know from past experiences with large sunspots, during times when the Earth's magnetic field was stronger than it is now, that surface equipment is also affected by such large Sunspots.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think you will be proven wrong within a few years.

The next 2 years on ATS will be filled with discussions about earth quakes and other events which science will explain away the reasons for, so this is only the beginning.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

You will be proven wrong within a few years. Remember this thread.

But are you prepared for what it means if it's not proven wrong?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
But are you prepared for what it means if it's not proven wrong?

I believe we will move on to a global corrupted government where people are afraid to speak their mind if nothing happens in 2012. Its simply the direction we are heading.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I believe we will move on to a global corrupted government where people are afraid to speak their mind if nothing happens in 2012. Its simply the direction we are heading.

It's not that long ago that your forecast of what you think will come would have been regarded as just an outlandish and preposterous idea as the etheric "something" that people expect in or around 2012.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
It's not that long ago that your forecast of what you think will come would have been regarded as just an outlandish and preposterous idea as the etheric "something" that people expect in or around 2012.

I think 9/11 woke a lot of people up to the fact that the world is not as black and white as it seems. Many ideas that before 9/11 would simply be disregarded are not anymore. Many people lost their trust in their government on that date, and started wondering just how deep the rabbit hole is.

I believe peoples opinion about 2012 is largely a product of their personality and education. Anyone who has a large amount of knowledge about ancient civilizations, geology and astronomy will probably think there is something to this theory. But if you have a background in psychology, you may think its simply a product of people wanting to escape reality, or needing hope for the future.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And rest assured, if there was hard evidence that 2012 is the year when all of the "achievements" of this civilisation will end (world hunger, cruelty, people stripped of their land and forced to work for pennies to make our clothes), and a new age of happiness and cooperation and technology blending into the ecosystem, that same government and money system that lied to us about 9/11 would keep the evidence hidden, because it would ruin their last few years of power.

If the world powers did know that their time of power was coming to an end, we'd be the last people they'd tell.

Just a thought, but what if all that bail out money that disappeared is going on building their escape space ship (or alternative escape plan)? Is that why the whole economy would be throuwn into turmoil if it was revealed where the money was going?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join