It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the best place in the world outside the U.S ??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zeineguy48

Great post thankyou, I know what I want to do in life. I have my goals set and I am working toward them. Im not 100% certain that I want to spend the rest of my life here in this country.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

nice post. but you left out a few things.. and although i have different standards than most.. they are not very high. you can live cheaper in rural areas than in cities.
My choice is the philippines. You can actually live in virtual obscurity in some places there. if you like to and know how to garden or farm, and have some business sense; you can start and own a small place for under $50,000. actually if you go to philippines with more than 100,000 you are part of the rich community. you can grow practically year round. knowledge of rainy seasons or greenhouses will help. to buy and grow your own pigs and chickens is cheap food.
So most of this also applies in many of the other south asian areas. just research the local laws dealing with foreign ownership. and lease agreements.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by letspreadtruth

your welcome. once you have your education or trade, you can travel anywhere you wish. Somewhere, at sometime.. some company or person is looking to hire you. I got into cooking, with the intention that I could travel anywhere and have a job or business. And have moved and lived to other places in canada with that advantage. And have seen other people when traveling that have started up small businesses just to earn their keep doing the same thing. So anything is possible. just dont listen or let anyone tell you.. you cant to that.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by zeineguy48]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The link on the first page of the thread is out-dated. So here are the most
recent ones :

www.il-ireland.com... and

finance.yahoo.com...´s-Best-
Places-to-Live-2008

Conditions keep changing. With a country in financial crisis future rankings
will further decline.

There is one thing for sure that can be gathered from all evaluations through
the years :

Europe is the most diverse and interesting continent with a wealth of history
unmatched by any other.

So, you Americans, you will find anything you wish for on a relatively
limited space, I think smaller than Canada.

It is a continent, where you can make yourself understood, although the
6 (out of 10) first-ranking towns are German-speaking (Switzerland, Austria, Germany).

Best ranking of the US is Honolulu as no. 28.

I am not sharing the evaluation by the New Zealander of his home country.
I have been traveling far and wide in the world. If ever I had to emigrate
from my home continent, I would be choosing Auckland as a place to live.
He seems to want to have it all to himself.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Thats pretty convincing lol but whats up with everyone saying Canada ?? Myabe they have a point : P Although ive heard Sidney is beautiful.

FYI

Sidney is on Vancouver Island

Sydney is in Australia

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If you are not happy where you are, odds are you will not be happy elsewhere. All countries have issues, none will ever satisfy everyone.

People who are rolling stones never stop rolling. There is always a better place somewhere else they want to be.

The trick is to accept the world for what it is and make the best of it where you are. I spent most of my life wandering to learn that.

There is no country on earth that has not had its hard times and negative points in its history. No matter where you move too there will be those who are bigoted against outsiders moving in. You will always be the foreigner, the outsider and the one who is not from there.

If you can't make a life here, you won't find it any easier elsewhere. Shangri-La is a myth. Life is what you make of it is a true statement.

Part of a free society is that we tolerate each other as we are. Success is not a genetic factor we are born with but comes from lots of personal effort. Unhappiness is a self inflicted wound when you live in a free society. You will never be satisfied completely with any government in any country.

Complete freedom is a state of anarchy where he who has the biggest gun makes the rules. There are places like that and one could say that people who are happy there are the people with the biggest guns.

A society where everyone does their share and everyone is happy is a fictional place. It exists only in myths and legends. You want to leave because you want a place more like you wish it to be. That won't work out for you. The only answer is to turn where you are into a better place.

The best advice I've ever received is to stop trying to beat the system and learn to use the system as it is. Running away is the wrong way out. If you move, you may be happier for a while in a new environment but eventually you will find just as much wrong in your new environment and start looking for the someplace better that does not exist.

If you don't like your town, run for the Council. If you don't like your state run for the assembly. If you don't like your country run for congress. Nothing will be solved if you just RUN.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You could always come to England, we have plenty of green fields, and beauty spots. We even have Blackpool tower!!!

It aint perfect where I live but once a fortnight on my way home from work I go for a bike ride through some country lanes. Normally I stay out for about 2 - 4 hours and I travel quiet far! There are some beautiful sights and villages just out from the towns and cities.

There is no place like home!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think the key is to effect change, if you don't like how things are do something about it, I did in the sixties, where are all the protesters today, why aren't they marching in the streets and in D.C. Where are the meaningful grassroots people today? Complaining never changed anything. Giving up on America will surly be it's downfall.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Countries of recommendation:

Holland, Thailand, Japan.

Thailand is very cheap, has a very cool culture, amazing food and lovely friendly people. Great place if you like bikes like me.
Holland is the most free 'middle of EU' place i've been to (spain is too but in a different way), great people great culture nice cheese. (I'm half dutch so bias there

Japan - what a culture shock. Amazing food, completely utterly different way of life (think anime in real life), although as a video jockey I found that some people don't always like cameras pointed towards them in public... regardless of the cctv cameras >_>. Best public transport system bar none - a few seconds is mega late and the trains can go up to 300kmh on some lines.
Oh and as mentioned - Japanese girls.... I'll leave it at that.

Lastly: New Zealand!
As alien said - you don't want to come here. It's extremely polluted, poor and run down, we have nuclear waste everywhere (cough ahem) and urr... a murder makes news for a week or two lol. Not to mention the bands of roaming, savage sheep. There are 18 million of them and 4 million of us so you're best to steer clear.. ;p

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Costa Rica! They have a cool president, extremely diverse ecology, cool geography, hot women, nice people, and really nice weather. Not to mention good food...

I need to go there some time...

[edit on 10/13/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Have no intention of leaving the U.S. but if I had to it would some place like Germany, love the four seasons, lived in the San Francisco Bay Area and did not like the climate, don't want to be where everything is dead for 6-8 months out of the year. Living in a beautiful state now, Michigan not only has four seasons, thousands of lakes,and right now am enjoying the fall colors.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

And look who's number 2! Australia, ha ha kiwis your number 20

It's all a Kangaroo Conspiracy...

...you're all just Sheep-ists! Its Sheep-ism at its worst!

...discriminating against 40 million sheep is just baaaaaaaaaa-ad...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Come on UnZud isn't that bad.

I only lived there for four years and loved it. I mean, clean air, meat that tastes like real meat.. with natural flavour, people who generally like to have a laugh and a good time, scenery that changes every hour at least as you drive anywhere, and.. oh, did I mention people who like to have a laugh? Most important that one.

But I agree no one should move there, otherwise there may not be enough room for me when I retire and move back there.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow I am shocked.

I figured at least one of you would know the correct answer.

Brazil.

On Ipanema Rio De Janeiro getting your eyeballs exploded by beauty.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
watch travel shows, get to know more about the places ur interested in.
its not that hard.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I love America, I love freedom,

Is the US really free? If your entire life is spent paying off debt, how can you be free?

I love the principals on which this country was built on, with your god given ability and hard work you could make a name for yourself and make a great living.

is that really true?

I am not asking you a trick question? Do you know that this is actually true?

Did you ever hear about Intergenerational economic mobility?
www.americanprogress.org...

By international standards, the United States has an unusually low level of intergenerational mobility: our parents’ income is highly predictive of our incomes as adults. Intergenerational mobility in the United States is lower than in France, Germany, Sweden, Canada, Finland, Norway and Denmark. Among high-income countries for which comparable estimates are available, only the United Kingdom had a lower rate of mobility than the United States.

If you could actually work hard and make a great living, then why is the US scoring so low on that particular indicator?

Perhaps you never really thought about that before and just assumed that this was the case because people kept saying it. Perhaps there are many things that people keep telling themselves and others that simply aren't true, but people still keep repeating it because it makes them feel 'safe'.

The one thing I dont like is how the U.S government lies to us, I dont like how they all have their own agendas, we do not see anything in return from our tax dollars.

most people lie. When you get older, you will realise that there are no heroes and that most people are lying their heads off.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by aaa2500]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by letspreadtruth

The upcoming governors elections are a good place to start, then the mid-term and Presidential elections.
Believe it or not, we are the freest developed country. Other places are fine to visit, but I doubt you'd be happy.

Great and then we can put back in the GOP again, who will do the same thing again...

I was not asleep for eight years, I bet many are -

Moose tacos for all

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well having travelled australia /asia some parts of america and europe, As much as people say bad things about great britain i would say great britain is the best all rounder . When i was travelling round australia i met a fair few australian's who would love to live in great britain as they said nothing was happening in australia and there is more of a opportunity its the same vice versa. I live in cumbria Uk and it is beautiful Don't believe all the bad info people vent off about there own country's Your life is what you make of it

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Absolutely Canada if you live in the United States now.

Frankly I dont know why people want to live in the US when you have Canada next door.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

That's alright I live close enough to Canada, about 30 miles away, I can take the U.S. Windsor Tunnel or the Ambassador Bridge and I am there to 'visit', or if I am in the mood for a little drive I can go to Port Huron and cross the Blue Water Bridge to Sarnia.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join