It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the best place in the world outside the U.S ??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Come to Turkey

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Evr3n]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

That's good to know. After you've developed your demise will be more spectacular than that of Britain.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Whatever you do, don't move to the UK!

I've lived here all my life and have always been frankly rather depressed by the country. Trouble is I'm not the fresh faced rascal I used to be and the practicalities of earning a salary and family life mean that you get increasingly trapped. Anyway, once I get my Masters degree within the next few years I'm fleeing this miserable bankrupt island and heading for pastures new!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If you're looking for a country with the greatest number of civil liberties and freedoms, generally you'll want to head to anarchy zones either in the deep wilderness or conflict areas where stable governments cannot thus far take root. However, if you want infrastructure to go along with it, you're going to have to make a sacrifice of some liberties for the sake of staying within the bounds of the social contract that is their government and laws.

Generally, Sweden tends to be the most free and happiest nation in the world, with the United States trailing somewhere between 15th and 10th place depending on the criteria of the analysis, year, and other factors. You might want to check out sites like Freedom House to get an idea of what sounds good.

In terms of economic freedom, however, the United States currently ranks 6th in terms of Economic freedoms according to the analysis done by the Frazier Institute. Top spots belong to Singapore and Hong Kong. Sweden ranks 40th, despite scoring high on civil liberties and individual freedoms in other reports. Frazier Institute: Free the World Report, Economic Freedoms 2009 There's quite a lot of other good information contained in the report if you care to read beyond the statistics.

One thing you have to keep in mind, however, is that even if you do find a nation you're entranced with and wish to move there - there's no guarantee that they will accept you as a citizen. You're going to have a much better chance getting in if you have a skill or trade that's desirable and you live there for awhile on a work visa. Though keep alternatives in mind in the event you're rejected for full citizenship. If you do become a citizen, be prepared for varying levels of discrimination. It happens in every country, with some more than others. Especially those without a strong existent multicultural demographic.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yes the best place in the world is outside the U.S

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Sounds like you might be about 600 nm South of me. If you are then you will understand when I say; my wife is from region 1 and we visit region 12 from time to time. We used to live in the International City but now 1.5 hours North by ferry.

To the OP, there really isn't any one "best" place in the world. It all depends upon what you are looking for. I have been all over the world and lived in several different countries. I was happy with all of them but moved on anyway. However make sure you do your research before you move. Then get ready for an adventure!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If you are still young and fancy free and have some extra cash, travel! Travel as much as you can. Get a passport and go. Now! Before you fall into debt, or love, or get a serious job, or get ill, or get talked out of it by family or friends, or get cold feet. And once you've done your rambling and have come home and are sitting by the fire with a drink in your hands, think about all of the places you've been and ask yourself this: which one would I return to right now, at this instant, if I could? Then you'll have your answer. Nobody else can answer it for you.

Or you could just go to Portland, Oregon and save yourself a lot of effort. I know, it's still in the USA, but it's unlike almost anyplace else you'll ever visit in this overrated country of ours.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

No, Canada is not ranked the best country to live in, Norway is.
hdr.undp.org...

Norway ranks #1, Canada is #4.

Norway is where I plan on ending up, Norway or Sweden.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here is a real life city of Eureka:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by letspreadtruth

Its gotta be S.E Asia for me,

China has a sound economy and there are lots of opportunities for people wanting to set up there, especially in the south.
Shenzhen is best IMO, good climate, lots of expats for networking, friendly people and beautiful women. Rents can be on the high side. Golf is very expensive. GOOD 2 BED - USD 175,000 BUY, Hong Kong is expensive.

Singapore, Ultra modern and clean country, lots of expats, cheap food and MRT but rents can be very high. Multicultural & nice ladies. Easy commute into Johor Baru, Malaysia and Batam or Bintan (Indonesia).
2 BED APT - USD 700,000 BUY

Thailand, Beautiful country, great tropical climate, Great laid back people, cheap food and rents. some civil unrest in the southern border region, Bankok is a great city but suffers pollution, Islands are very chilled and laid back, north has cooler climate and is very beautiful. beautiful ladies.
GOOD 2 BED APT - BKK - USD 200,000

Indonesia, 1000's of tropical Islands, Nice scenery, hot climate, cheap food and rents, nice people (predomenantly muslim), some of the best and cheapest golf you will find in the world. 40 USD inc caddy & buggy.
VERY CHEAP HOUSES/APTS except in Bali & Jakarta. Some very good land deals going in Lombok - tipped to be the next Bali type paradise.

hope this helps,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
Whatever you do, don't move to the UK!

I've lived here all my life and have always been frankly rather depressed by the country. Trouble is I'm not the fresh faced rascal I used to be and the practicalities of earning a salary and family life mean that you get increasingly trapped. Anyway, once I get my Masters degree within the next few years I'm fleeing this miserable bankrupt island and heading for pastures new!

Good advice and an even better plan, get your education there then get out

For me the country started going down the pan 10 years ago.
best of luck,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
2 more weeks and I head to Amsterdam. The wife and kids are there already setting up the townhouse. I start work Nov 16th. Selling the house was the hardest part. 5 years and we can apply for citizenship. We'll have to learn to read,write and speak dutch. You need a work permit and a visa but those have already been applied for through my employer. It was easier then I thought. As a licensed CPA I will have to obtain their certification. Switzerland was my first choice but it's difficult to secure employment there.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Subscribed!

Ever since 7th grade I have always wanted to move somewhere. And now that I am out of high school I plan on learning a trade and researching a spot to move to.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth
reply to post by StonerStare420

I was thinking Canada but its the weather there pretty cold ??

Victoria is your answer.

Quite a moderate climate and most winters we never even get snow.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Amsterdam...most free place on earth...perhaps a bit too free in some respects. (snickers)

You will be hard pressed to find a ultra conservative place on earth that isnt also in the middle east under dictatorship rule...but good luck.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've been thinking Amsterdam, Australia, and Canada.

Still a ways off until I ever move, but never to early to start the research.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

And look who's number 2! Australia, ha ha kiwis your number 20

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Moreonethananyone

I did say I wanted to leave this country. Anything to get away from you aussies.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
well i was actually going to give you a response.. but then read further..so will change what i was going to write.

Just out of high school. lol well i am 48 and have 3 kids, 2 graduated, and my youngest daughter didnt. and at 20 yrs has a 18 month old daughter. none are married and ALL have no clue what they want to do with their lifes. Seems to be a major consensus for those of this generation. Not all but many who grew up in our financial level.

When i was ur age.. actually before i graduated i had my goals set. set out and accomplished them before i was 32. then everything changed and became a single parent.
So my advice to you is to find something you are GOOD at and ENJOY doing. Money means sh$t. seriously. save and go to third world countries. you will see how people live on less than $5 a day and still be happy and thankful for what they have. Not worrying about what they dont have.
I have been to colombia and the philippines and they still have tight knitt families there.. from what i observe we have less and less of that here in canada and usa. yeah i am from canada and i have my plans to move and retire in philippines and / or colombia or another south or central american country. because my money will go farther, i can live a simple life and can be self sufficient.
That is my one advice to you.. to learn to be self sufficient. have a career that will allow you to be your own boss. and to do it all by cash on hand.
if you dont have the money, other than for food and shelter, then you really dont need it. if jonny just got the new playstation.. doesnt mean you need it. just borrow his.. lol.
Everywhere in the world is beautiful... you just need to readjust your eyesight.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
just moved to vancouver canada from nova scotia canada two weeks ago, coast to coast. the maritimes are beautiful and bc is also very beautiful, vancouver is a wonderful city, although they need to take care of the homeless.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join