It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the best place in the world outside the U.S ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

Thankyou great link, im suprised that the UK is 21st.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
St. Petersburg, Russia is nice, as is the Amalfi Coast in Italy.

St Petersburg is an amazing place - never explored Italy but I think Spain is a great country (Ibiza's just bonkers).

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
So much depends on what you're looking for. And so much depends on who you are.

Moving to another country makes you a foreigner or an immigrant. So try to find a place that is gentle to strangers. If you have problems learning languages, you'll be miserable in countries where English is not commonly spoken. Consider the food, climate, language, customs, politics, etc. Do your homework and ask around. Test out the waters by going there on a vacation or for a short while.

Something to consider though, is that much of our dissatisfaction arises from within. If you go somewhere else, you may very well bring your discontent with you. I know that sounds all New Age and stuff, but it's true. The best way to find out is to go ahead and make the move, and see what happens.

Another thing to consider is that if the US is really as bad as you think, then it's likely to become a rogue nation, forcing its will on other countries - and that might include your new home. Your problems may follow you in the form of laser-guided democracy. Rather than fleeing, it might be better to stay put and try to fix what's broken. I'm not saying you "should" do that. I don't even know if it's possible any more. It's just an idea.

BTW - I've been thinking the same thing, Maybe it's time to move somewhere else. America - love it, or leave it. Maybe they were right after all...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Great advice ! Thankyou. Those are all great things that need to be thought about, its not like im moving down the street lol. Im going to try to stay and stand up for what i believe in but its always a possibility that i get sick of it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thankyou for the advice : )

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Whatever you do - don't come to New Zealand.

It's a terrible place. Horrible. Think chewing on tinfoil and combing your hair with a cheese-grater.

Plus our national sport of Rugby expects people to play a full game, without having defensive and offensive teams...just one team playing 2 halfs 40 minutes a piece. And we don't get to wear all that comfy padding and nice safe helmets and stuff that make you all look so tough when you crash tackle people.
Nope, that Rugby is all a bit too dangerous.

Our Race Tracks are rubbish...and so confusing.
Here they expect people to drive fast - around corners that go BOTH left AND right!!!!! Egads!
I don't know how we cope here.

There's Basketball here...but its nowhere near as exciting as in the US. Here professional basketball is played for the game...not for the shoes or the clothing contracts or the rap videos or the posing and posturing. The players heaven forbid play.
I know! How ridiculous is that!
They don't play as well as the US Teams...or look anywhere near as cool...so our rather boring Basketball is another reason not to come here.

We don't have that many Gunshops.
Theres like only 3 that I know of within our capital city and surrounding suburbs. Plus they only sell hunting rifles, shotguns etc. Nothing automatic, very little semi-auto and even then they are heavily restricted.

So we don't get to experience the pleasure of having an arsenal in our house in case the Russians or the Taliban or the Grey Aliens or the Terminator or someone bursts into our house with a Mini-gun. Apparently thats a very real threat and must happen often or something.

Your kids also won't get to experience the excitement of playing Duck'n'Cover at school as little Johnny shows up one day after playing too much Halo, breaking up with his girlfriend, getting access to Daddies 'Anti-Russian/Taliban/GreyAlien/Terminator' home arsenal, busting into the classroom and hosing the place up.

Our roads are driven on by cars that fit, drivers that fit in them and patrolled by Traffic Officers who probably won't even have the common courtesy to beat you down or tazer you. So again thats just boring.

...nope...this place is a dive...don't anyone come here...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I would suggest Eastern Europe..which country especially...well, let's see...I'd recommend Romania.

Great hideout, great nature, nice people.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I've already found the best place in the world for me, about nine years ago after a decade and a half of scouring the world. I dug in, and have lived in deep fear that hordes of others would discover my little paradise and come flocking here. So far so good. Notice I haven't given a name or location. There's a reason for that (see previous sentences). Unfortuately, you'll have to do your own homework.

As has been mentioned, the destination will depend on your proclivities, income, responsibilities to those you'll be living behind, ability to adapt to new cultures, and all kinds of things. It might take you a long time to find "your spot," and this might or might not be in the country you are currently in. Keep looking and my only advice is when you discover it, keep it quiet otherwise they'll be knocking at your door to pave paradise and put up a parking lot.

[edit on 10/13/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Well im pretty sure you live in Asia lol, i remember you telling me in the end the fed post. But as to where in Asia I dont have a clue.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Ehh does it have anything going for it LOL : P Your making it seem worse than the U.S lol

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JFletcher

Thankyou for the advice, im guessing i have a lot of traveling to do lol

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth
reply to post by silent thunder

Well im pretty sure you live in Asia lol, i remember you telling me in the end the fed post. But as to where in Asia I dont have a clue.

Yeah, I sorta kinda try to keep it that way.

One thing is that I'm still a US citizen and when you live in a foreign country never a day goes by when you aren't reminded strongly of that fact in one way or another. This drives expats out of their minds unless they can find a way to cope with it. There have been many, many times when I've felt the sting of anti-Americanism despite my fluency in several local languages, many friendships, and efforts to conform to the norms of the society. For many that causes dispair; for others (like myself in earlier years) it can create hyper-patriots ready to swing fists at the first "dis" of the homeland. These days I am in full on hermic (well, plus wife) mode and I know who my friends are, who to stay away from, when to speak up, and when to fade into the background and chuckle quietly at human folly, which (by the way) is universal and to be found on every nation on earth. Even if I wanted to forget it (and I don't), I'm an American for life no matter where I live. Might as well be proud and crusty about it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Canada is good, it's cold but I think the perks make up for that. I'd rather live in Canada than in a warm country with a lot of problems.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Im growing more and more frustrated by the day with this country and the option of moving out of this county is creeping into my mind. I love America, I love freedom, I love the principals on which this country was built on, with your god given ability and hard work you could make a name for yourself and make a great living. The one thing I dont like is how the U.S government lies to us, I dont like how they all have their own agendas, we do not see anything in return from our tax dollars. I have all intentions of staying here and doing what it takes to get freedom and keep it but for the time being im wondering what are some good places to live outside the U.S ??

No matter where you go you will find the same problems. The U.S. is not alone in having multiple issues in its society and governance that make people feel as you do.

Australia is a beautiful place, but no more so than any other almost-pristine country and we have our fair share of woes. Our governments have forgotten they are Our Servants too.

I've been around the globe, met people from all walks of life, found some amazing places, incredible natural beauty and the negatives we've come to dislike in every country.

What it takes to make some change occur is for a critical majority to stand up, at the same time, to their own governments and over-bearing police and force change.

It will not happen in your lifetime if you do not stand up.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Australia hands down. We are what you used to be. In fact we are like all the good with almost none of the bad. im sure it wont last but if we are talking right now i would say Australia is the safest politically and economically stable. Go Little America err i mean Australia. yeaaahh!!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Unfortunately what your talking about is human nature. That will never change because we are ... lets face it human. greed and a lust for power has been the driving force of our species since forever. TRUST me if those crazy loved up hippies couldnt turn this world around we have Buckleys chance. This planet is a Mix of love and hate that will never change just try to find your little spot of love and life out your life.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I can completely understand where you are coming from with this OP..America was founded on some brilliant ideas and principles..a very long time ago. Now it has become lost, stolen by greedy, mindless, arrogant individuals often known as 'the elite' the country is being destroyed from the inside out, in a lot of cases Americans themselves arent helping at all.. with a startling portion choosing to remain blind and ignorant does no good for any situation.. I was born and raised in the country, growing up my father often would say that he loves his counry, but not his government.. a statement i didnt fully understand until i got older. I was just out of highschool, not long turned 18 when i got my passport, and a plane ticket to the UK.. Lying governments are everywhere and i dont think they are escapable at all.. Switzerland is said to be a good idea though.. but i have tried to encourage familly and friends to pack up and get the hellout of the US..to no avail of course, they all think i am just being crazy! But i would advise anyone anywhere to leave the country or to avoid travelling there at all costs for the time being anyhow.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Im growing more and more frustrated by the day with this country and the option of moving out of this county is creeping into my mind. I love America, I love freedom, I love the principals on which this country was built on, with your god given ability and hard work you could make a name for yourself and make a great living. The one thing I dont like is how the U.S government lies to us, I dont like how they all have their own agendas, we do not see anything in return from our tax dollars. I have all intentions of staying here and doing what it takes to get freedom and keep it but for the time being im wondering what are some good places to live outside the U.S ??

I think you should try South Africa.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Australia.
We have the wiggles, 'nuff said already

Australia. Best Place to live.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
i heard through the grapevine that ecuador is an excellent place to seriously think about moving to. the mid mountain regions of the andes mountains is the perfect all year round climate for growing hundreds of varieties of foods. all the bugs stay at the low altitudes.

paraguay is a good place too. but not as nice as ecuador. 5 billion people could die in all parts of the world by nazi techniques and no one in ecuador would even know. theres so much food there that is grown locally that its completely sustainable and life would march on as usual as the new world order slaughtered the major population centers.

have fun looking for your new land and home in ecuador. me,....im too poor to move anywhere so i will probably be rounded up during martial law and terminated because i am a regular listener to alex jones and related web activity. maybe if im lucky, i will be chipped and allowed to live and clean up the mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join