It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the best place in the world outside the U.S ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No I havent, ive driven through a few that dosent really count lol But ive been too 3. I know this is a beautiful country but when freedom isnt the ideal this country is built on anymore thats when i question wheter or not I should live here. F.e College in France is free or next to nothing, now thats what they use taxes for. They pay more than us but they have things to show for it. Why is it that a person going to a 4 year college is going to be thousands of dollars in debt by time they get out. Then the economy suffering its going to be difficult to find a job to pay off all your debt. It just dosent make sense.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Hmm A lot of people seem to be saying Canda.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by letspreadtruth

Well if the SHTF and everyone ran for the hills. I could from where my property is pick em off as they crested the ridge.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth
we do not see anything in return from our tax dollars.

Now you can claim the government lies and you can claim that taxes are too high, that's fair enough.
But to claim you don't see ANYTHING from tax dollars is borderline stupidity.

I suppose the roads you drive on got there themselves? I guess the same goes for the schools, libraries, hospitals, parks, ovals, buses, trains, prisons, museums and hundreds of other things right?

Maybe you should stay in your own country and learn about it more before condemning it.

[edit on 13/10/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I dont think the answer is that easy, first off people need to be informed. I find that many people are too busy working 9-5s taking care of their children and going through the same struggle day after day just to put food on the table and a keep a roof over their heads. This of course prevents people from caring about what is really going on and seeking the truth because they just cant.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Yes I will have to agree with the others here.... Canada! Specifically BC...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Australia is the best and safest place to live.When the United States gos down in a crumberling heap,Australia will be there to pick up the peices and become the most powerful country in the world.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Lets see if its true that you live in Australia how about you come live here for a minute instead of talking a bunch of garbage in which you know nothing about. Hey maybe youve lived here before but where you live isnt the debate. All the things you mentioned may be true, yes there are roads schools and all these other basic things there are also people who cannot afford healthcare there are people that lost their homes because of this economy and this all happens as our currency loses its value. Now if you consider that in some countries college is free or next to nothing, if you consider that Americans are in thousands of dollars of debt as soon as they leave college that shows you that this government is not doings its job. When the government looks out for its own people, when you consider the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, when you consider the current state of this country you will soon come to understand your point is useless.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Thats pretty convincing lol but whats up with everyone saying Canada ?? Myabe they have a point : P Although ive heard Sidney is beautiful.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well, if I had the choice, I would probably head down to Cabo San Luca in Mexico. We have a house down there, and I go there every summer.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Ah see now you're elaborating on the issues, much better than a blanket, ignorant statement claiming nothing is done with tax dollars.

Now, if you ask me and you probably won't because I'm just a dumb Australian..going to Canada would be the easiest option but I would say if the US goes down, so too will Canada.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Japan!!

away from tokyo. this country is amazing. the people are friendly, the weather is reliable, the scenery is breathtaking.

the history is well preserved and enjoyed by all. (except ww2 of course!!)

the festivals are so much fun!

75% moutnains and forest to hide in when things end up going badly!!

plus... tonkatsu, sashimi, meron soda!

and hot japanese girls.... next question please!!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Thanks for the input, I was thinking of places like that. Aruba came to my mind and Hawaii but I have to do my research. Im not sure id be able to live the vacation life forever.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks for the input, I didnt say you were dumb I just didnt agree with your opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Im glad you like Japan lol Im not too sure if it would be a place where I could be happy but hey you never know.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by letspreadtruth
we do not see anything in return from our tax dollars.

I suppose the roads you drive on got there themselves? I guess the same goes for the schools, libraries, hospitals, parks, ovals, buses, trains, prisons, museums and hundreds of other things right?

Maybe you should stay in your own country and learn about it more before condemning it.

[edit on 13/10/09 by Chadwickus]

This is a terrible example.

Although we have a good infrastructure compared to other countries, everything from the road system to the parks and museums you mentioned were created years ago and the money reserved for maintaining each area has been drastically reduced to pay for silly new regulations and needless defensive and wartime budges.

www.abc2news.com...

I can speak on behalf of my location, as the infrastructure here in the Baltimore metro area of Maryland is falling apart with rusted and crumbling overpasses surrounding I-95 and I-695 and a deteriorating road structure with potholes and water main breaks a daily occurance. Our school system is absolutely terrible, and I know the same goes for most large cities in the united states.

Tax dollars sure worked out in New Orleans what with the constant checking of the integrity of the levy system.

Prisons? I don't really don't see any justification of paying any mans yearly expenses just because he had a bag of marijuana. Nothing more than a money sink and a means to pad the wallets of private contractors with government contracts.

I really don't see my tax dollars hard at work, I don't see it at all. We pay for broken roads, ventures into space, supporting other countries, attacking other countries, and giving the poor incentive not to work.

I can see where the OP is coming from.

www.cbpp.org...

Defense and INTEREST ON OUR DEBT is 26% more than everything you listed.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Traffic]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Traffic

Great points, it makes you wonder where is the money going, what are they doing etc etc because it obviously isnt going into making the country a better place to live. Btw hows Baltimore ?? Ive been to Maryland but not in Baltimore ive also driven on i95 I think it was, it looked nice.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

OK, go to Greece - it is a beautiful country -and it is warm!

Sorry about the one-liner.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Good idea, thanks : )

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I saw this news story the other day

20 best countries to live in

The USA is 13 and the UK is 21

Top 20 countries on the Human Development Index:
1. Norway